Planet Calypso Content Release 2017.4.1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2017-10-24
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***
Additions

• Hunting Challenge: Halloween Mayhem mission. It will be available inside the event instances. It will be triggered when passing the gates into the cemetery.
Changes

• The Fort Pandora Dynamic Event has been changed to have the same logic as Fort Medusa, with the difference that only the last wave of the last part has a timer.
  • Destroying Legionnaires north of Fort Pandora will no longer spawn a Warlock unit. Instead there’s a periodical Dynamic Event to destroy the Legionnaires.
  • Fort Pandora and Neomex cave Dynamic Events have three Contribution reward tiers, higher tiers will give higher rewards.
  • Changed Dynamic Event start messages in chat from being global to only be shown in the local area for these Dynamic Events:
    • The Warchief’s Sanctuary
    • Typhon's Reach
    • The Oasis
    • The Bull’s Pen
    • The Spawning Pools
    • Heart of the Swamp
  • Increased the size of the Neomex spawning area in the Neomex cave.
  • The Argonaut cave on Argonaut Island is now always accessible. What’s inside will change depending on if you have a mission for it or not. However it still is a solo only instance.
  • Halloween instance updates:
    • Removed invisible walls, added a “Leaving area” warning instead.
    • The creatures will now idly walk around instead of just standing still where they spawned.
    • Replaced “Count Vamp of Boorum” with “Kal-Rahm the Cannibal.”
    • The Evil Box will now require Rotten Pumpkins to spawn Kal-Rahm the Cannibal. The box is locked until the Big Pumpkin has been killed. Kal-Rahm the Cannibal can only be spawned once per instance run.
    • Scaled down the bosses’ attack range and physical scale a little.
    • Serverside optimizations.
Fixed Issues

• Corrected area checks for the mission “Hard Evidence”.
  • Corrected an issue that prevented the mission “The Way to Fort Lahar” from progressing.
  • Corrected spelling and grammar in several missions.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Livas Dynamic Event from starting.
  • The turret in the Halloween instances no longer shoot creatures inside the cemetery.

Originally Posted Here

buuh! that's the end from Long Dong..:smoke:

nioce, are we being screwed over more?? <-- no.

The mob evade as been changed.

I just shot a couple of fouls, now I get misses, evades and dodge messages!

edit: the messages I got were from the mob missing me, or I evaded.
you know get a msg everytime the mob strikes. it either misses you, or you evade (or get hit for dmg)

Shots fired at mobs arent evaded but dodged.

Last edited:
Changing cursor mode when you use TP, what a great feature. I'm sure you thought long and hard about this great new change:mad:

I just noticed my health change. You can do what you want with the TPs if I get 36hp boost :laugh:

I kill two neomex weak at the cave. No loots. :(

Please help to check.

361 -> 420 here :) suppose the calculation for some skill like commando broke
I just noticed my health change. You can do what you want with the TPs if I get 36hp boost :laugh:

ok, now they're back to fixing things that weren't broken before the update. :laugh:

"The TT value of all Component Widgets is now 10 PEC and the TT value of all Tech Gizmos is now 40 PEC. All blueprints using these components have been adjusted and generally cost less per attempt. All auction listed "Component Widget" and "Tech Gizmo" items have been purchased by MindArk official Bowerbird."

So MA actively made the decision to buy out only those on auction at full price, and the ones in storage in stacks all got reduced by value with no remedy? could we get a widget split at least, 6 to 1 or whatever the ratio happens to be? Or how about enough slots to be able to list those if we wanted to?

I dislike hallowen instance changes for the following reasons

There are 10 rewards for hunters but thousand of hunters... obviously if you are not in top ten you dont win any prizes wich is fine by me. But so far you were able to loot pumpkin essence and sell it to players who could acctualy kill those boses. Withouth beeing able to sell pumpkin essence this event mobs have 0 MU so no incentive for smal/medium players like me to join the event.
For top 10 players i imagine this event used to be diffrent than other events since they were acctualy able to plan and use strategy how many essence for wich level and at what price they will buy to win the desired reward. I guess now it will be same as any other garbage event shoot for 20hours and pray for points.

When in event notes you mention that you scaled down the bosses attack range and physical scale "a bit" i hope you mean ALOT.
You see when we players decide to go hunt L15 mobs for 1hour we kinda dislike killing a boss that is waaay waaay over our level at L40+. Grinding one hour while looting onyl shrapnel&kidney oil to be than killed 3 times by boss does not seem fun to me. My suggestion would be that you make bosess loot better than average (not tt but items) and you acctualy make bosses killable.
Or offcourse makes final boss spawnable unlimited times and needed essence for him tradable on aution like it used to be till now.

Damn finally my 2000 skills in every skill and all unlocks payed off :)))
And also, I cannot imagine what Dan now has as HP... Would be cool to find out - maybe 500?
Chipping optimizer would need an update.
Construction: Manufacture Weapons 1 Health per 3200 points
Construction: Manufacture Armor 1 Health per 3200 points
Construction: Manufacture Attachments 1 Health per 3200 points
Construction: Texture Engineering 1 Health per 3200 points
Construction: Manufacture Methodology 1 Health per 1600 points
Construction: Industrialist 1 Health per 800 points
Combat: Martial Arts 1 Health per 400 points
Combat: Bravado 1 health per 2000 points
Design: Make Textile 1 Health per 3200 points
Design: Tailoring 1 Health per 1600 points
Design: Coloring 1 Health per 3200 points
Design: Glamor 1 Health per 800 points
General: Intuition 1 Health per 1600 points
General: Quickness 1 Health per 3200 Points
Medical: Diagnosis 1 Health per 3200 points
Medical: Medical Therapy 1 Health per 1600 points
Medical: Doctor 1 Health per 800 points
Mindforce: Concentration 1 Health per 3200 points
Mindforce: Power Catalyst 1 Health per 2000 points
Mindforce: Mindforce Harmony 1 Health per 1600 points
Mindforce: Force Merge 1 Health per 800 points
Science: Engineering 1 Health per 3200 points
Science: Scientist 1 Health per 1600 points

FYI mob hit mechanics has also been changed (were there release notes that I missed?>)
Damage deflected! 30.43%
The attack missed you. 50.00%
You Evaded the attack. 19.57%

Now how do buffs work...

Edit: Found the link above

Interesting.... noticed servers are back down again, any info on when they might be back up? :D

Interesting.... noticed servers are back down again, any info on when they might be back up? :D

yes, once they finished fixing the shit they just broke trying to fix things they broke earlier.

yes, once they finished fixing the shit they just broke trying to fix things they broke earlier.

Yeah... no loot at all in the gauntlet; every time you use tp the movement mode is changed to mouse only (I prefer to use RMB movement mode)... maybe there are more.

And also, I cannot imagine what Dan now has as HP... Would be cool to find out - maybe 500?
Chipping optimizer would need an update.

I was just talking about how MF and Melee needed some love yesterday and they needed to Boost HP for these professions! I am a prophet :laugh:

Being that Dan has the highest MF skill and the most str in game so probably a fair share of melee I am sure he is over 500. If not probably like 499. :eyecrazy:

So Smilgs time to pick up the sword for a little bit honestly it isn't that bad ;)

So, are you now still selling them?
Or was this the carrot for you to go on?

yes I would still sell them in a bulk deal, and there isn't too much to go after except 2k glamor :)
suppose some skills will grow in price for a moment as chipping optimizer gets updated and ppl get the new cheap hp
So, are you now still selling them?
Or was this the carrot for you to go on?

yes I would still sell them in a bulk deal, and there isn't too much to go after except 2k glamor :)
suppose some skills will grow in price for a moment as chipping optimizer gets updated and ppl get the new cheap hp

lol, nah, you wont sell it because nobody will buy it from you.
We all want you to stay so we boycot your sale! :girl:

For some reason they fail to mention in these patch notes that they've completely overhauled the appearance of the entire area SW of Fort Fury, and have made several changes to the Feffoid Camp as well.

Kind of weird, if you introduce or change content in your game, wouldn't you want people to know the work you did?

For some reason they fail to mention in these patch notes that they've completely overhauled the appearance of the entire area SW of Fort Fury, and have made several changes to the Feffoid Camp as well.

Kind of weird, if you introduce or change content in your game, wouldn't you want people to know the work you did?

Can you tall about the changes in the Feffoid camp pls?

Quick video showcasing the changes to the scenery and topography of the area surrounding Feffoid Camp:

The main change I noticed with Feffoid Camp is that if it's started (Past the Clan Warlords stage) and you go near it, you are immediately teleported inside of it.

The "arena" itself has also been changed slightly, and I believe some of the boss mechanics, while being similar, are working slightly differently (noticed khal-ferrak's damage over time effect dealing less damage than before on one occaision) I think some other mechanics were also tweaked slightly.

Despite the scenery/topography changes to the area, it seems the spawns have not been changed at all from what I can tell, however.

Last edited:
What and Where is Argonaut Island?

What and Where is Argonaut Island?

N3DSeNx.png

Argonaut Island is here, it has a small quest chain which unlocks a daily quest that rewards 1 daily token for clearing a cave with 50 argonauts in it and collecting some stuff

In this update they made it so you can enter the cave without needing to be doing the daily quest, I guess.

Back