Halloween Mayhem Crawls Closer!

If they allowed the sale / trade of boxes it would honestly be the best business decision they've made in a while. It may be the 'trend' but it's one that actually works quite well for many games.

MA makes profit, players who don't want to open boxes make profit and fuels the economy.

I hope this will work like the following:

Keys can be bought separately in the webshop at a very low cost, say 100 of them for 1 USD (remember boxes still got 10 ped tt... and we can still buy them with keys included in the price, so keys shouldn't be too expensive. unless u have to buy 100 strongboxes, tt them all and then keep the keys for the future)

all the seasonal events from now on will drop specific strongboxes, or strongboxes even become part of loot even outside of seasonal events to promote us buying keys!

i just hope that keys aren't way too expensive... because the TT value of the box is already looted when you obtained it.. so purchasing keys at webshop and they have virtually no TT at all would be awful as all other purchases gives you a TT value per usd.

I can't decide if this is taking us further in the pay-to-win direction (bad) or moving a little away from it (good).

I hope this will work like the following:

Keys can be bought separately in the webshop at a very low cost, say 100 of them for 1 USD (remember boxes still got 10 ped tt... and we can still buy them with keys included in the price, so keys shouldn't be too expensive. unless u have to buy 100 strongboxes, tt them all and then keep the keys for the future)

It would make a lot more sense for MA and the players if the new boxes had 0 TT value. If they are smart that's exactly what they'll do.

I can picture it now...
[local] x: I just bought 100 keys....
[local] y: selling 100 boxes 160%

could be also, where do i pick a key ? :smoke:

Great! I need to work on my Rogue's lock picking skills!

oh wait.

Inb4 you can't stack looted boxes.

If its what I am thinking about maybe its the best idea they could take meaning that you loot the box with potential good stuff inside and if you decide to open it you buy the key.
This will prevent non hunters to loot expensive items without the ability to interact with any profession ingame hunting/mining/crafting.
I believe this is a good way to motivate hunters in my opinion.

Yeah, or, think about this idea:

Maybe the items in the boxes, are just placed in general loot on the Hween instance mobs?

Maybe paying to hunt the mobs is enough, rather than paying to hunt them then paying to receive their loot?

I know where MA got the idea from - every other game out at the moment. But in those games, gameplay is "free" and opening the boxes adds cost. Whereas in Entropia gameplay comes at a cost.

Anyway, it's a very minor issue considering it's a small part of the game... but I just would like to highlight that you're paying twice for your loot :)

I got so excited seeing how we could loot strongboxes and then so disappointed when I learned you needed to buy keys on webshop. I'd really like if you could add keys in game through loot, special mission, daily tokens, combat tokens, anything.

Yeah, or, think about this idea:

Maybe the items in the boxes, are just placed in general loot on the Hween instance mobs?

Maybe paying to hunt the mobs is enough, rather than paying to hunt them then paying to receive their loot?

I know where MA got the idea from - every other game out at the moment. But in those games, gameplay is "free" and opening the boxes adds cost. Whereas in Entropia gameplay comes at a cost.

Anyway, it's a very minor issue considering it's a small part of the game... but I just would like to highlight that you're paying twice for your loot :)

That's an option but I like the idea where everyone has to deposit once in a while.If loot boxes will have 1 pec or no value and you only buy the keys I think you only pay once for the prize inside and get back the same tt value unless you suggest we all are paying twice for playing the game which is not the case, I use the term long term investing.

Am I reading this right that Halloween strong boxes are looted in game from mob
So as a miner or crafter , you have no chance at all to loot them , and no way of purchasing them From webshop ?

Am I reading this right that Halloween strong boxes are looted in game from mob
So as a miner or crafter , you have no chance at all to loot them , and no way of purchasing them From webshop ?

Why would a miner/crafter would want a hunting ring?
If you want the ring and the hunting goods why don't you become a full time hunter?

Why would a miner/crafter would want a hunting ring?
If you want the ring and the hunting goods why don't you become a full time hunter?

Regardless of the hunting ring , I just want to know why Halloween strongboxes are only available to one profession
Doesn’t MindArk want to cater to all ?

Regardless of the hunting ring , I just want to know why Halloween strongboxes are only available to one profession

I agree, I'd love to see them try to pull off Halloween themed Mining or Crafting.

Haunted Explosive Projectiles, Frightening Lysterium Stone

"I swear my blueprint is cursed!"

I don't want to know why.I just see their decision and adapt to it.
If they decide to make other professions more appealing than hunting I might change to that.
They might plan rings in other professions who knows if or when.

I can't decide if this is taking us further in the pay-to-win direction (bad) or moving a little away from it (good).

Maybe I'm being shortsighted but anything that links the EU experience directly to the webshop sounds like a profoundly bad omen.

Why not make the boxes lootable and the keys craftable?

:lolup: Just kidding that would be silly

I don't want to know why.I just see their decision and adapt to it.
If they decide to make other professions more appealing than hunting I might change to that.
They might plan rings in other professions who knows if or when.

Missing the point Messi , if they were all about hunting adaptation then they might as well just get rid of crafting and mining , and honestly they would make more money if they kept the boxes in webshop

I adapt always to the game and at the moment , hunting is not worth it for me atm , it just means the ones that won’t adapt ( be cornered into ) hunting will hold out until the event is over but this is off topic

Anyway I will just wait and see if Halloween strongboxes appear in webshop :)

Oh boy, I sure hope they fix space by Friday sop I can participate :eyecrazy::tapfinger

Seems like you've made an awful lot of assumptions on how this will work.

Here is my assumption of how it will work:

You can loot the boxes from Halloween mobs, the boxes can be TTed or traded with other players, the boxes require keys to open, the keys can be bought seperately, perhaps allowing people the opportunity to open boxes without having the deposit in the process of opening them.

In this situation, you will most likely be able to find other players who are willing to buy the boxes from you at slightly above their TT value (because they can contain useful buff items, rings, etc along with the usual Universal Ammo). If not, you can just sell them back to the trade terminal, or open them yourself instead.

If this happened, I will skipped this event.
Really disappointed, unless they managed to come out with something to convince everyone,
looting boxes + buying keys = good feelings :(

What an awesome idea!!

I am now going to wrap my kids Xmas presents with metres of Duck Tape. They can then buy scissors from me to open them up or maybe just sell them unopened to their friends :laugh:

On a serious note, this only works for me if the boxes can be TT'd. When you receive loot you should have clear and unrestricted access to its TT value, either through trade or auction. If a purchased key is just a mechanism to potentially unlock additional MU then i am fine with it.

At the end of the day, TT value should be preserved whether looted or purchased in the webshop. Anything else just raises too many questions.

My 2 pec

Ff

What an awesome idea!!

I am now going to wrap my kids Xmas presents with metres of Duck Tape. They can then buy scissors from me to open them up or maybe just sell them unopened to their friends :laugh:

On a serious note, this only works for me if the boxes can be TT'd. When you receive loot you should have clear and unrestricted access to its TT value, either through trade or auction. If a purchased key is just a mechanism to potentially unlock additional MU then i am fine with it.

At the end of the day, TT value should be preserved whether looted or purchased in the webshop. Anything else just raises too many questions.

My 2 pec

Ff

If....... they come to a point where EVERYTHING is trade-able, including the keys.
Buy keys, sell keys at MU :)

Do you think is ok ?

What an awesome idea!!

My 2 pec

Ff

They'll be 0.00 TT, untradeable, because that's what the webshop boxes are. Then you just buy the keys (which are the TT element).

All it is to me is an extra payment step to get markup.

What an awesome idea!!

Two missing steps:
  • you need to figure out how to make Scissors (L);
  • you need to ensure no one else sells scissors (MA doesn't have that problem).

They'll be 0.00 TT, untradeable, because that's what the webshop boxes are. Then you just buy the keys (which are the TT element).

Pure speculation, because they haven't even been released yet.

That would be the worst decision in terms of a business model, not that I'd put it by MA to make that poor choice but even someone in business 101 can see that's absolutely silly.

If the boxes aren't tradabe they automatically lose out on easy profit they could make by ensuring there will be someone to open every single box looted eventually.

I know this is all speculation (but you make a lot of sense with comparison to regular boxes), but if boxes have 0.00 TT and form no part of my loot TT and I get the TT value of the key as a minimum when opening the box I am fine with it.

That just makes it a decision whether to depo (via webshop) or not to depo.

Friday will reveal all.....

Maybe I'm being shortsighted but anything that links the EU experience directly to the webshop sounds like a profoundly bad omen.

But making people play the game rather than only opening box after box is, potentially, a step away from pay-to-win, when compared to the situation last year where people were buying tons of boxes just to get candy canes, meaning that they were able to obtain items, and the concomitant abilities, that were not available by any other means, in amounts limited only by their credit card.

Let me know your thoughts on Friday :yup:

I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm just saying I hope you're wrong for the sake of the players and MA.
MA makes guaranteed money, players who want a choice of selling boxes directly for profit don't feel left out of the event. :wise:

Back