Halloween Mayhem Crawls Closer!

What’s this “repeatable Halloween Hunting Mission with awesome skill rewards“ they speak of?

"Note that Halloween Strongboxes can also be looted from Halloween creatures outside the Halloween instance on Calypso"

what i want to know is where are the creatures that are outside the instances lol!

I don't grasp something - what the use of looting strongboxes when you can buy only sets of keys + strongboxes from the webshop?

I don't grasp something - what the use of looting strongboxes when you can buy only sets of keys + strongboxes from the webshop?

yea,thats what i was wondering also :)

also note that you can only loot said strongboxes when MA raises the cap on them and then they drop for 15 mins and stop until MA raises the cap again...

and seriously... again this bullshit capped time? why not use normalized score as in most other events?... too lazy to change a few settings?

please just remove the time limit (can go as much as like with minimum + count average points) or track it ingame, this nonsense of having to track ourselves is going on for way too long :(

please just remove the time limit (can go as much as like with minimum + count average points) or track it ingame, this nonsense of having to track ourselves is going on for way too long :(

just think of it as another element to the competition... shooting for 39.5 hours is generally safe though.

but still MA should really get a tracking tool in-game... shit is exhausting. it should display total time in instance before each instance you enter.

They're just copying other games. Loot the box, buy the key.

unique dagger stats????

rtfm - message too short

tfm only contains stats of the longblade (event prize), not shortblade (strongbox carrot) - but they'll probably be similar, unless the dagger has lifesteal (just a guess based on the name).

In strongboxes:
Wearables
  • Skeleton Shirt, Pants, Gloves and Mask in 4 Colors
    [*]Carnage Mouth Facemask in Red or Black
    [*]Zipper Mouth Facemask in Red or Black
(bolding mine - //H.)

Effect on the makeup business, if any?

prizes vs levels

Are the 15 prizes for each level or all levels are fighting for the same 15 prizes?

Ok, let me get this straight - during the event time loots not only in the instance will be dropping boxes which we can only open by buying keys from the shop, which we can only buy from by depositing?

You are having an effing laugh, are you not MA?

This is regardless of whether keys can be bought independently of otherwise useless normal boxes that come with the keys.

I am closer than ever before to putting in my first ever withdrawal request just so that in future I have a 'circle' of funds I can loop around because shop stuff cannot be bought directly with peds!

Not that it helps for the next 2 weeks or whatever, though. So no hunting at all of mobs over about 100 hp due to the 'risk' of looting a locked and unopenable box. Or will the boxes be sellable in trade/auction? That would at least improve the situation somewhat! MA, you reading this?

Ok, let me get this straight - during the event time loots not only in the instance will be dropping boxes which we can only open by buying keys from the shop, which we can only buy from by depositing?

You are having an effing laugh, are you not MA?

This is regardless of whether keys can be bought independently of otherwise useless normal boxes that come with the keys.

I am closer than ever before to putting in my first ever withdrawal request just so that in future I have a 'circle' of funds I can loop around because shop stuff cannot be bought directly with peds!

Not that it helps for the next 2 weeks or whatever, though. So no hunting at all of mobs over about 100 hp due to the 'risk' of looting a locked and unopenable box. Or will the boxes be sellable in trade/auction? That would at least improve the situation somewhat! MA, you reading this?

just tt the boxes...

it's a zero-loss proposition... looted box 5 ped, key is 5 ped... you loot 100 boxes so you buy 100 keys for $50... you're still gonna get $100 of loot from the boxes and keys.. it's just a ploy to get more circulating money in the game... MA has already demonstrated that the more cash circulating in game the more likely players are to decay that cash and make MA some money...

you're free to make whatever financial decision you deem wise.... to me it's just a chance at looting some extra markup.

just tt the boxes...

You mean either tt the normal boxes you bought keys for and/or the looted mayhem boxes if you don't want to open them?
Has anybody so far tt-ed a box? Will MA allow the tt-ing?
- and I guess still a relevant question - will boxes be tradeable?

Thanks for the reply...

You mean either tt the normal boxes you bought keys for and/or the looted mayhem boxes if you don't want to open them?
Has anybody so far tt-ed a box? Will MA allow the tt-ing?
- and I guess still a relevant question - will boxes be tradeable?

Thanks for the reply...

Seems like you've made an awful lot of assumptions on how this will work.

Here is my assumption of how it will work:

You can loot the boxes from Halloween mobs, the boxes can be TTed or traded with other players, the boxes require keys to open, the keys can be bought seperately, perhaps allowing people the opportunity to open boxes without having the deposit in the process of opening them.

In this situation, you will most likely be able to find other players who are willing to buy the boxes from you at slightly above their TT value (because they can contain useful buff items, rings, etc along with the usual Universal Ammo). If not, you can just sell them back to the trade terminal, or open them yourself instead.

I'm a little confused.

I would much rather take a set dollar amount and go buy the halloween boxes like I always do. I hope that is still an option?

Because I have an amount that I would like to buy... what happens if I don't loot that many? This really doesn't make sense to me.

Hopefully I'm missing something! Halloween is my FAVORITE time of the year... don't mess this up please Mindark :D

I haven't been in game much the last few months because of recovering from eye surgery. I was really looking forward to spending some quality pew pew time during the halloween event.

Seems like you've made an awful lot of assumptions on how this will work.

Here is my assumption of how it will work:

You can loot the boxes from Halloween mobs, the boxes can be TTed or traded with other players, the boxes require keys to open, the keys can be bought seperately, perhaps allowing people the opportunity to open boxes without having the deposit in the process of opening them.

In this situation, you will most likely be able to find other players who are willing to buy the boxes from you at slightly above their TT value (because they can contain useful buff items, rings, etc along with the usual Universal Ammo). If not, you can just sell them back to the trade terminal, or open them yourself instead.

I'll bet the boxes have a TT value of 0.00.... meaning you need to buy the key for 10 ped to open it... AKA there will be 1353262352 boxes looted and no one to open them lol. :cool:

the boxes will be account bound most likely, wont they? all other strongboxes are sould bound as well and they usually only copy n paste stuff

the boxes will be account bound most likely, wont they? all other strongboxes are sould bound as well and they usually only copy n paste stuff

yeah i believe they are.. hence why i think the boxes will have a tt of 0.00 like they do now and they keys will still be 10 ped for the looted boxes.. it's just a way to convince us to open more boxes.

If its what I am thinking about maybe its the best idea they could take meaning that you loot the box with potential good stuff inside and if you decide to open it you buy the key.
This will prevent non hunters to loot expensive items without the ability to interact with any profession ingame hunting/mining/crafting.
I believe this is a good way to motivate hunters in my opinion.

If its what I am thinking about maybe its the best idea they could take meaning that you loot the box with potential good stuff inside and if you decide to open it you buy the key.
This will prevent non hunters to loot expensive items without the ability to interact with any profession ingame hunting/mining/crafting.
I believe this is a good way to motivate hunters in my opinion.

they should remove boxes entirely from the webshop and just sell the keys then.. if that was the case this would be a good idea. you'd have to shoot in order to loot the boxes, then you buy the keys to open them.

make them tradeable and the boxes would have markup, so hunters get a little help there

So many questions...
What happened to the count ? Is Kal-Rahm The Cannibal a female boorum ? Can we loot the bow now ?

I can picture it now...
[local] x: I just bought 100 keys....
[local] y: selling 100 boxes 160%

Back