Lootable Halloween Strongboxes...

and once again... the boxes have no tt value so they dont impact your loot return + they have MU. so with boxes in loot you get MORE money back than without. so why exactly are you all complaining about no MU and then complain when MA gives you MU? are you all retarded? i mean nobody forces you to open them yourself. just sell them and profit. nice n easy.

Right, that's the good part.

The problem is, there are almost zero items in the mobs that drop the boxes. It's almost all shrapnel and 1-2% oils (except occasionally heart oil, ooh). So basically the complaint is in order to get interesting stuff you have to pay to open the boxes.

Boxes that has potential to make you more money than you put it is considered gambling. So this thing with Special items in lootboxes will be regulated as gambling in all of Eu within 6months, so GG.

first we were told dpp is not gone, it would affect the loot composition
now, suppose the loot composition means more boxes that you can deposit to open?
brave new world :(
p.s.
and yea I already paid for mine and opened if you wonder, being the cashcow that I am :(

Opening boxes today with the "jackpot" system as in getting an item worth 15-200k will be Ban hammered, i wounder how MA will react to the incomming witchhunt that is going to start within a few months of the EU council.

Boxes that has potential to make you more money than you put it is considered gambling. So this thing with Special items in lootboxes will be regulated as gambling in all of Eu within 6months, so GG.

There is no gamble, you buy the keys for $1, you get $1 tt of stuff. Gamble requires risk of loss.

There is no gamble, you buy the keys for $1, you get $1 tt of stuff. Gamble requires risk of loss.

I take the exact same stance as this. I've played plenty of games with "loot boxes" and watched the masses pay anywhere from 1$ to 3$ for a key and even more for the boxes in many cases to get an item that has absolutely no value other than what another person assigns to it. In most instances this item is worth less than 5% of the key cost.

The only thing I see hurting MA is the fact you have to cycle UA before it has any tangible value, and that can be changed with the click of a mouse.

The problem is, there are almost zero items in the mobs that drop the boxes. It's almost all shrapnel and 1-2% oils (except occasionally heart oil, ooh). So basically the complaint is in order to get interesting stuff you have to pay to open the boxes.

It is exactly this which is the issue of introducing them into normal loot - it would not be inconceivable to see shrapnel only loots going forwards, with all "MU" obtained through boxes.

This however is incorrect. There is loss associated with obtaining UA from boxes; either as a complete loss (UA has no value) or at a 91-98% return rate when the UA is used (assuming MA's figures are accurate).

So to be fair and accurate, you can say the risk is 9c per box, for the chance of 100k+ items. It's a great odds gamble, apart from only players pay the MU and MA are risking nothing as a bet lay entity, which is why the whole box issue in games should be looked at carefully.

yeah but event mobs never had any MU. thats why people complain about it every year. and if they would have MU it would crash the market due to overhunting them...

You are missing the point, the tt value might be correct gains, but the game allows for MU on items witch become gambling sence the items MA provide are so good that everyone wants em and therefore the "jackpot system" is there, thus creating gambling enviroment in a none gambling situation.

Remove the yber items in the boxes and its all good, but until the rings are removed.. Just wait and see.

guess the next thing will be a strongbox opener kit, which will have efficiency as well, so you can get better results
and a strongbox opener skill

people wanted to buy strongbox ingame that what they got opps only half of it they still need the key

maybe its the only way to stop ma from giving the good prize to there freinds of a freinds

Wonder why they didn't avoided confusion by creating a "Halloween strongbox enhancer" to be looted instead of the new strongbox type ... refine the enhancer and a regular strongbox and you get the Halloween strongbox you can open using the key from webshop ... damn, add the regular strongboxes to Trade Terminal and only put such enhancers in loot ... and keep only keys in the webshop -> same result + refiner decay
No, it had to be the always confusing MA way :laugh:

It is exactly this which is the issue of introducing them into normal loot - it would not be inconceivable to see shrapnel only loots going forwards, with all "MU" obtained through boxes.

This however is incorrect. There is loss associated with obtaining UA from boxes; either as a complete loss (UA has no value) or at a 91-98% return rate when the UA is used (assuming MA's figures are accurate).

So to be fair and accurate, you can say the risk is 9c per box, for the chance of 100k+ items. It's a great odds gamble, apart from only players pay the MU and MA are risking nothing as a bet lay entity, which is why the whole box issue in games should be looked at carefully.

Debateable. Basically the UA has a TT equivalency value. MA could just say "look, we give them 10 ped tt of stuff for $1". Having to spend it may even be irrelevant. It's kind of a gray area.

You are missing the point, the tt value might be correct gains, but the game allows for MU on items witch become gambling sence the items MA provide are so good that everyone wants em and therefore the "jackpot system" is there, thus creating gambling enviroment in a none gambling situation.

Remove the yber items in the boxes and its all good, but until the rings are removed.. Just wait and see.

The markup the players assign to the items is irrelevant to whether it is gambling or not if the players receive $1 tt of stuff for depositing $1. There has to be risk of loss for it to be gambling.

Debateable. Basically the UA has a TT equivalency value. MA could just say "look, we give them 10 ped tt of stuff for $1". Having to spend it may even be irrelevant. It's kind of a gray area.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to be, but I'm sticking with this opinion as well. If you were to quit playing at some point the UA would be converted to ped and be sitting in your account waiting for a withdrawal, so in my opinion tt value = tt value when it comes down to it, and I believe this is how they are avoiding the gambling regulations.

Just because a player is willing to pay $10000 for an item when the system says it's worth $30 does not make it a gamble in the eyes of MindArk. In the US for years Indian Pennies have been valued at $1-$2 each, but if you go to a convenient store they are still only worth $0.01.

Completely agree it's debatable - but I would argue that you are converting it to a product... In my opinion, it's the same as Gacha which Japan has classified as gambling (and declared illegal); and where the concept of lootboxes came from in the first place. Note, these are payment product systems where there is no value assigned, so there is a slight difference but I think if it were reviewed the scale of the reward on offer gives a big enough incentive to risk the fees involved.

Even if one were to close the account and withdraw once purchasing loot boxes, there is always the withdrawal fees.

Imo, now that all items looted in boxes are refineable, I would say that MA could make it very easy on themselves by doing two things: Give all items 0 TT, and ensure 10ped UA was in the boxes, secondly, give item distribution odds.

Back