Mining Strongbox .....

Darth Revan

Prowler
Society
Love Craft Academy
Darth Reven Reborn
Seems like the new strongboxes are not limited to just Halloween, seems there are mining ones now as well:

mine_strongbox.jpg

Thoughts???

Pay $1 for a key to have a chance to loot 10ped of pyrite!

most important questions: what is in it and can we loot the boxes on every planet? if they are only obtainable on caly then im not interested.

Pay $1 for a key to have a chance to loot 10ped of pyrite!

Not only that, if your getting 10ped of resources back, doesn't matter which ones, that is better than mining.
I'm guessing it may contain some buffs designed for miners and some other junk to try to offset it, otherwise whats the point in mining when you can buy boxes to get the tt value you need?

In saying that, still need to mine to get the boxes.

I feel a strong chance of UL mining amps dropping this way. UL lvl 13 ampsie for moi :yay:

Humm

Just for curiosity the avatar who found the box have no globals...

Cheers

Just for curiosity the avatar who found the box have no globals...

Cheers

Well i dont think finding something classes as a global unless you get a decent amount of PED value.
Looking at their profile on EL, it is listed under discoveries. Maybe they run around with a TT finder all the time, chance of getting a global on that is small. Or they could be a fairly new avatar.

Either way, you shouldn't define an avatar on how many or if they have a global. They may just only sweat and use that to hunt/mine small amounts.

Well i dont think finding something classes as a global unless you get a decent amount of PED value.
Looking at their profile on EL, it is listed under discoveries. Maybe they run around with a TT finder all the time, chance of getting a global on that is small. Or they could be a fairly new avatar.

Either way, you shouldn't define an avatar on how many or if they have a global. They may just only sweat and use that to hunt/mine small amounts.

I'm not define an avatar and I really don't care who looted what or what they do. Like I said just curiousity nothing else.
:D:)

I suspect you loot them mining around the even area...

There seems to be multiple tiers or numbers since MA numbered the box. Also, I doubt it contains resources, but I am curious how you loot them since I've done 1900 drops on calypso since the Halloween boxes came out and I've not seen one.

I'll do drop around monopolis later.

Or they are say Cyrenians. On Cyrene or some other hole with too few running trackers you can get to uberness without leaving a trace on EL (except for hofs, which do register globally).

most important questions: what is in it and can we loot the boxes on every planet? if they are only obtainable on caly then im not interested.

Well I can now answer one of those questions:

mining_box_contents.jpg

I feel a strong chance of UL mining amps dropping this way. UL lvl 13 ampsie for moi :yay:

Looks like there are some, but not as high as level 13...well not in mining box number 1

Well I can now answer one of those questions:

mining_box_contents.jpg

SJSDJGNSDGLKAJGLKASJKLGJASKJFKASFASFA

new finders and chances for UL AMPS?!?!?

fucking gimme all of them right now... my mastercard's legs have never been open so wide.

we need a statement from MA on how these are looted.

Hahahaha they genuinely put ores in a lootbox.

Only MA could take something other games are hated for and make it even more obnoxious :tongue2:

fucking gimme all of them right now... my mastercard's legs have never been open so wide.

Mythic is the rarity level of the unique rings in the normal strongboxes. Easter ring 2016 was marked as mythic on the boxes page too, and how many of those were dropped, two? So guess there gonna be 1-2 of each amp in the pool.

quick everyone go mine tt trash at minopolis

While I am glad to see some things for the miners to get excited about, I am completely floored they included ores and enmatters in the prize pool... IMO this is a very poor move for a lot of reasons.

I can come up with about 100 different things to make lootboxes exciting without selling short the game economy

While I am glad to see some things for the miners to get excited about, I am completely floored they included ores and enmatters in the prize pool... IMO this is a very poor move for a lot of reasons.

I can come up with about 100 different things to make lootboxes exciting without selling short the game economy

i don't think it'll be a big issue... most of the stuff referenced is garbage TT shit..

we need more dunkel, rugaritz, etc....... there's so many items that need it and we never get those items due to lack of resources..

and I guarantee it'll be like 9 ped of UA and then 1 stone of ore lol.

1 year from now. At the rate this is heading.

Player X opened a "strongbox <insertgreedyname>" worth 50000 PED. An record has been added to the Hall of Fame ALL TIME HIGH! Congratulations!

The new exp IV. Not even need to craft anymore. Just deposit and click one second booom hof.
We kinda already have it with unique rings of course. But this is something else. Adding actual LOOT from a webshop item, in a RCE does not compute in my mind.

Player X opened a "strongbox <insertgreedyname>" worth 50000 PED. An record has been added to the Hall of Fame ALL TIME HIGH! Congratulations!

The new exp IV. Not even need to craft anymore. Just deposit and click one second booom hof.
We kinda already have it with unique rings of course. But this is something else. Adding actual LOOT from a webshop item, in a RCE does not compute in my mind.

from my understanding so far... these boxes are very very hard to find and you can't get them unless you mine.. so there won't be a flood of anything anytime soon lol

I literally don't see the difference.

How is clicking a crafting machine, a gun, or a mining tool and getting a hof any different than getting one from a box?

Except, you know, the fact that you can't buy them....

This is by far the best introduction for loot boxes. Make people work for it.

What you just explained is exactly how the old system operated. Someone deposits $20,000 and all of a sudden has 4x seasonal rings. Call that an ATH.

I literally don't see the difference.

How is clicking a crafting machine, a gun, or a mining tool and getting a hof any different than getting one from a box?

Skills, gear, game knowledge, time invested..actually participating in the economy game we are all playing...

I'm sorry, but to me it feels like they crossed a line here.
(And yes I know they have before, but it doesn't make it any better)

This is a very slippery slope we are on now... the game, economy, community all suffer when sought after items and resources are available only or primarily from cash deposits that require no skills, gear, time invested

I would be more ok with this if there was some better effort IN GAME to add interesting loots/collectibles whatever to the loot tables and economy...

There are so many better ideas out there than this...

Currently Mining Strongbox 1's are exceedingly easy to find due to (what I assume is) a bug.

I'd advise everyone to not buy them if offered them for the time being. It is possible to find over 100 per hour currently, with very little outlay.

I have logged a support case.

Forrest

Skills, gear, game knowledge, time invested..actually participating in the economy game we are all playing...

I'm sorry, but to me it feels like they crossed a line here.
(And yes I know they have before, but it doesn't make it any better)

This is a very slippery slope we are on now... the game, economy, community all suffer when sought after items and resources are available only or primarily from cash deposits that require no skills, gear, time invested

I would be more ok with this if there was some better effort IN GAME to add interesting loots/collectibles whatever to the loot tables and economy...

There are so many better ideas out there than this...

Historically very little of those things have actually mattered when we're talking about the biggest loots.

Do you think the guy who got the Mulmun after being in game 8 months had some incredible game knowledge? Did people who have dropped a few bombs and gotten an ATH in their first weeks or months? People who sit at a crafting machine clicking the blueprint of the week and pulling UL ones, were they planning for that?

I kind of get where you're going with this, but in my mind this is only a positive thing and actually promotes putting money into the game for a reason rather than just a flat amount of money being transferred from one currency to another.

Game knowledge, gear, and skills will still work as they always have and keep those players at profit on their daily activities.

Currently Mining Strongbox 1's are exceedingly easy to find due to (what I assume is) a bug.

I'd advise everyone to not buy them if offered them for the time being. It is possible to find over 100 per hour currently, with very little outlay.

I have logged a support case.

Forrest

100 per hour? that is messed up.... I don't think I could get 100 claims in a hour!:laugh:

all i need wish stats and info about new finders

Back