Mining Strongbox issue

Charlie|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
MindArk Official
The Mining Strongboxes are only supposed to be looted through "Something out of the ordinary" finds while mining. There was an issue with them also being looted from some mobs and they will therefore no longer drop until this has been fixed.

Seems fair to me the way they should’ve been looted, better some strongboxes instead of beacons that are TT anyway.

WTF!? How does this type of thing continually happen..

Mining strongboxes? Were those announced?

Sadly they Were hunted... I hope MA Finds a Good balance in Mining For SOOTo that drops these boxes and doesn't make it impossible to get...

whereas they were hunted at the start doesn't make any sense to me...

Also To boxes being looted... Why didn't MA just do this from the Start and Still can have the advantage of Selling keys... to open...

this would at least make the Community more active towards each other.

This is tolerable.. as the resources are still "mined" if you will.

But still please reduce the % of resources compared to UA. Getting this many rare resources on 50 boxes is absurd

Like to ask is universe wide or just caly only? sooto
i can find mine ore only? in arkadia example?

Mining strongboxes? Were those announced?

This is also my first time knowing about these and i mine like crazy mostly

Nice screw us in the @ss with this mistake. Lucky few that found out about them looted a bunch, others like me went out and mined for them, but didn't know they were turned off because they were bugged.

*ahem* compensation?
possible exploit for those that knew about getting lots of them from hunting mobs??
having them as SoTo would be fine with me once fixed.

Nice screw us in the @ss with this mistake. Lucky few that found out about them looted a bunch, others like me went out and mined for them, but didn't know they were turned off because they were bugged.

*ahem* compensation?
possible exploit for those that knew about getting lots of them from hunting mobs??
having them as SoTo would be fine with me once fixed.

I heard one dropped from every single Mermoth looted. :laugh:

Every single mermoth killed droped 1. Easy game.

I've been playing the devil's advocate lately. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe deep down I want this game to succeed even though I've had a bitter past with it, or maybe in my maturing years I've just learn to let go and not take things so seriously.

But honestly....how do you fuck something like this up? How does something supposed to be looted only in a rare mining find somehow get tossed into a mob loot. Do you have children maintaining your database?

would be nice if you could tell us if this is an event thing only or permanent (when its fixed of course) and if they will be SOOTOs on all planets or only caly... because when its caly only then i wont open a single one and tt them right away

Do you have children maintaining your database?

Or, alternatively, is this an intended diversion away from other matters?
..or the same matter about boxes overall but still as a diversionary bait?

...and what's the betting that boxes do not count as planetary revenue, or to a lesser percentage, and is yet another way of MA trying to squeeze its way into more 'direct' profits from the playerbase?
After all, buying keys counts as deposits, right, and they are not linked to any PPs until peds are decayed ... except they aren't decayed here because the tt output is 100%.
Maybe we need some updating of an MA economics thread on this to focus our attention a bit more... and not get diverted...

This honestly has pissed me off more than anything lately in this game.
Not much of a whiner but holy shit.
We just gave a select group of people hours to loot as many boxes as they could and these boxes have a chance of giving an unlimited amplifier. What a huge fuck up. And all the while dedicated miners were trying to loot the same things but the damn mining boxes weren't dropping from mining.
Go figure.

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are killing me ...:(:(:(:(:(

Gj admitting you fucked up, fix it tuesday and all is good! Good descision to stop them dropping for now!:yup:

someone said its fixed already so i hope they will enable it again soon... and answer important questions like: only on caly or obtainable on all planets! and what are the other numbers??

Eish wtf !!

Hang on now .... Let me get this straight, loot in the form of "something out of the ordinary" was accidently transferred to hunters ?

Surely I am not the only one who sees the major issue with this .....

I do appreciate Mindark in telling us about it and at least partially resolving the issue.

Last edited:
What a really ridiculous mistake. I know it isn't going to happen but i so wish they would, for once, do the whole right thing and revert the boxes to typical mermoth loot. There's just no rationalizing "i didn't know it wasn't supposed to happen that way" if you're looting MINING boxes from mermoths.

some of u are really a bit crying over everything , i don't care was bugged its not like we lost 5 ul amps

my body is ready for those boxes ...gimmie gimmie :wtg:

Crying over everything?
You are talking about something that should only drop every couple of THOUSAND of drops.
For hours yesterday there was unlimited supply from a shitty mob.
This was no small mistake.

Crying over everything?
You are talking about something that should only drop every couple of THOUSAND of drops.

did anything important drop from those boxes?

Crying over everything?

it was no small mistake but we dont lost anything important so who cares , stop being so salty over everything u fucks

The fuck does it matter if it dropped or not?
This game is all about chances to get things and some people had unreasonable amount of chance to get rare shit yesterday.

Back