Thank you Mindark

livius

Alpha
Society
Skyfall
Livius Beyond Godlike
I just want to thank to MA for the excelent gameplay that offered to me ( dont know the others ) after 4 disconects in a raw in Halloween instance , in the first 10 minutes , and for the ped that i can lose getting lag and disconect when the the boss mob has 3% hp left .
It was nice , i thought that MA just want to make us happy once in a while ... but for me was only sadness. there is no problem , I learned my lesson again after 2 years of not entering in any Mayhem instances , but now it will pass another 5 years.

I just want to thank to MA for the excelent gameplay that offered to me ( dont know the others ) after 4 disconects in a raw in Halloween instance , in the first 10 minutes , and for the ped that i can lose getting lag and disconect when the the boss mob has 3% hp left .
It was nice , i thought that MA just want to make us happy once in a while ... but for me was only sadness. there is no problem , I learned my lesson again after 2 years of not entering in any Mayhem instances , but now it will pass another 5 years.

You are wrong. Many players have posted solid 100% correct evidence that there is no lag. It's in your head, PC and/or internet service provider.

Hardcore lagging here. Take that however you will.

Have been having severe lag issues for about a month now.

w... h... a.... t... is...

l ... ag... ?

Surya has been disconected.

1) I haven't experienced any DCs so it's probably on your end there

2) the lag is fucking real.. sporadic server-side ping spikes that make switching tools, auction, and refiners impossible to use.

I took a break from mining and entered an instance and would have to wait 3-4 seconds to switch tools or wait for my shots to register as I kept getting hit.

The lag was gone for a short while Thursday night US EST-5, but immediately returned when EU players woke up for mayhem.

MA can't do much here as it's their server provider that's lagging. They need to find a different company to work with.

funny coincidence though they the lags started at the same time they changed to loot 2.1. maybe its time to revert that change to remove the lags

1) I haven't experienced any DCs so it's probably on your end there

2) the lag is fucking real.. sporadic server-side ping spikes that make switching tools, auction, and refiners impossible to use.

I took a break from mining and entered an instance and would have to wait 3-4 seconds to switch tools or wait for my shots to register as I kept getting hit.

The lag was gone for a short while Thursday night US EST-5, but immediately returned when EU players woke up for mayhem.

MA can't do much here as it's their server provider that's lagging. They need to find a different company to work with.

well in other places of caly i dont have lag , only in instances , and once in a while , whileim crafting , i get disconect because server not available.

its just too frustrating

Obviously I tried for 30 mins and left Caly immediately. Fed up with this lag that has been in place since September. When MA scratches their heads and wonders why their events are doing so poorly maybe they will realize its because we actually can't hunt. :laugh:

Lag is consistent while hunting on every planet and already made a thread about it. Maybe if they get enough threads and support cases they can just take the servers off line and actually fix it so everyone can play :scratch2:

When bored....Improvize ;)

You are wrong. Many players have posted solid 100% correct evidence that there is no lag. It's in your head, PC and/or internet service provider.

I also have alot of lag it's the game and I know it's not my pc or internet

No lag at all here for weeks.

Maybe because im close to Amsterdam where servers are?

I just want to thank to MA for the excelent gameplay that offered to me ( dont know the others )...

:laugh:

At fist glance I thought, "wow nice! A positive thread for a change! Did I miss something?"

Guess not :lolup:

No lag at all here for weeks.

Maybe because im close to Amsterdam where servers are?

Maybe I am not sure as some don't have hunting lag. I don't have ingame lag only lag when doing something that rewards PED. So I believe it's something with the loot servers they broke in 2.1 tweaking.

I live in the US and since september every day I attempt to do anything loot oriented I lag. So I usually just over armor so i don't have to heal on small mobs which saves me the frustration of trying to heal. The problem is that rules out any serious hunting or cycling ped much less trying to do an event. It just isn't feasible to do the Halloween event its unplayable. Also any large hunting solo is also out because I can't switch to heal or Arso because the item gets stuck.

So I must work on small missions instead until they fix the problem or do other professions which thankfully I do harvest a lot. Problem is if I can't spend PED and many others are in the same boat as me. Then that is bad news for MA.

I made a thread about it and I sent in a support case because well I would like the game to do well. However they are turning paying players away and that is bad for any business model.

my 2 cents

Maybe I am not sure as some don't have hunting lag. I don't have ingame lag only lag when doing something that rewards PED. So I believe it's something with the loot servers they broke in 2.1 tweaking.

I live in the US and since september every day I attempt to do anything loot oriented I lag. So I usually just over armor so i don't have to heal on small mobs which saves me the frustration of trying to heal. The problem is that rules out any serious hunting or cycling ped much less trying to do an event. It just isn't feasible to do the Halloween event its unplayable. Also any large hunting solo is also out because I can't switch to heal or Arso because the item gets stuck.

So I must work on small missions instead until they fix the problem or do other professions which thankfully I do harvest a lot. Problem is if I can't spend PED and many others are in the same boat as me. Then that is bad news for MA.

I made a thread about it and I sent in a support case because well I would like the game to do well. However they are turning paying players away and that is bad for any business model.

my 2 cents

This. :wise: They broke something in September and it hasn't worked properly since. My symptoms are exactly as you describe.

We need to start a poll. Are you receiving lag? Yes or No. If yes, have you had poor hunting returns since the lag started? Also which country do you play from?

We need to start a poll. Are you receiving lag? Yes or No. If yes, have you had poor hunting returns since the lag started? Also which country do you play from?

Might be a good idea.

We are directing pretty much all of our resources towards fixing the lag. While improvements have been made many players are still reporting severe lag so there is still work to do.

Here's the answer.

0 issues here and my guess is that you have a poor ISP.

Here's the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
We are directing pretty much all of our resources towards fixing the lag. While improvements have been made many players are still reporting severe lag so there is still work to do.

So the 2 people (not including Kim) you have that work on technical stuff will fix the lag? Well good luck with that

Here is a picture of their server- please note I have been posting this picture for like 2 or 3 years... funny how often it comes up.

Just posting my experience, hoping to help.

During the first few weeks after the lag issue started, I was totally immune to it.
I remember commenting about it during a BIG event with other participants complaining about it. By the time MA organised the Hogglo event, I had joined them.

It feels as if something had "clicked" for my avatar in between those two events and since then I have been affected by the issue.
Strangely, I have also witnessed a severe delay between a swirl effect and the appearance of the relevant loot window (text, in my case).
Contrary to some others, I experience severe lag in non loot-related activities as well, e.g. in the AH interface. A 5s "Retrieving categories" progress bar is common place now, while it used to be a rare occurrence before. Chat windows too are heavily affected, at times.

I can confirm that the issue worsens in more crowded areas.
For the records, I haven't left Calypso in months.

Finally, by now it should be clear that comments about the individual players' ISP quality are clearly out of place, given the number of reports and the geographical spread.

During the first few weeks after the lag issue started, I was totally immune to it.
[...]
Contrary to some others, I experience severe lag in non loot-related activities as well, e.g. in the AH interface. A 5s "Retrieving categories" progress bar is common place now, while it used to be a rare occurrence before. Chat windows too are heavily affected, at times.

:wise: exactly this is my personal experience.
i couldnt follow player's rants about lag, since my game experience was totally fine up to maybe last week, when the lag suddenly kicked in for me, too.

in no way it is a simple connection issue:
200MBit down / 20MBit up
ingame delay from radar: 33ms

7,5k punies now :hammer:

I found a working server yesterday that had no issues for the first time all month, quite literally. Got booted after 5 hours, and at that point I think the server was at capacity, so when I logged back in the "lag" was back and quite horrible(assuming different server) Managed to find the server again before the downtime, so I streamed the difference...now nervous I wont find again.

Floored at the flawless connection difference vs what so many others see on a regular basis. Imagine a whole month only to find there are places you can log in and still play normal....absolutely floored, and a little pissed to be honest.

When I suggested to my soc mates having lag issues as well to try to come to the location and logout/back into this location early in the day...they came,and we all saw the truth.

There are working servers, and there are servers that do not work as intended. It all depends on what you get when you logging into the game.

Which to say the least is irresponsible, because there is no way you would not notice this as a company in control of these servers, especially during an active event.

Hope that helps, try logging into/out of different mayhem locations and see if does what it did for a few of us yesterday.

Back