All these posts about lag

Anthas

Provider
And yet I have not experienced it at all in the last month. I’m not saying it’s not there, but it doesn’t make sense to say that it is from something on MA’s end, and yet I have not experienced it in any form while everyone else has. I’m wondering if it has to do with routing from the server to certain areas of the world. If that is indeed the case than it is not something that can be fixed by MA.

Of course it can. Especially when it kicks off after a major update. I'm sure my un-supportive posts will doom me to terrible loots for eternity, but starting an entirely new thread to say you haven't experienced lag as opposed to just responding to any one, or more, of those other threads you just talked about, makes no sense. Or you really want some brownie points.

Of course it can. Especially when it kicks off after a major update. I'm sure my un-supportive posts will doom me to terrible loots for eternity, but starting an entirely new thread to say you haven't experienced lag as opposed to just responding to any one, or more, of those other threads you just talked about, makes no sense. Or you really want some brownie points.

I just completed 14 hours of eventmode shooting without laggs, though one DC

Guess all that lag is just in my head.....good to know, there must be something i can take to fix it.

And yet I have not experienced it at all in the last month. I’m not saying it’s not there, but it doesn’t make sense to say that it is from something on MA’s end, and yet I have not experienced it in any form while everyone else has. I’m wondering if it has to do with routing from the server to certain areas of the world. If that is indeed the case than it is not something that can be fixed by MA.

We're all making it up together because reasons.

My internet avg is 250mb down and 30 mb up...My wife and I actively play other games and EU is the only game that I lag in.

Constantly I can't switch between my tools, my HP goes from full to 0 because of backlogged damage or I simply just stand there and let the mob wack me.

It's gotten so bad that I can't even depend on my improved resto chip on bigger mobs because of fear it will get suck and I can't pull out another tool. At least my Mod2600 I can keep spamming in hopes that it will keep me alive through the lag.

It pains me to see how many people this is impacting and MA has done near nothing to address the issue. Simply ignoring it will not make it go away...IMO looking at Entropia Life shows enough proof that this is an issue on MA's end and not on the users end.

I got dc'd and now i can't use the auction and can't use the "market value" right click function... is fucked.

I lag with everything in game.

Hof list. Lag

Check skills. Lag

Open auction. Lag

Shoot mobs. Lag

Take dmg. Lag

Loot mob. Lag

Awfull to hear but allso strange that its not equall for all.....if server would lagg then all would feel it I guess?? Then it must be routing or local no??

[System]: Entropia Universe time: 2017-10-29 03:44:53
[System]: Session time: 07:48:17

Sounds like it depends where you live. I didn't get any lag or disconnections tonight.

Night. :zzz:

Awfull to hear but allso strange that its not equall for all.....if server would lagg then all would feel it I guess?? Then it must be routing or local no??

It's specifically an issue with players in US and Russia apparently..

inb4 WWIII

I think it is something with routing. It seems like it's mostly US players that are having these issues (not sure of other areas, just happens to be a large majority of people I play with are UK or US. My friends in the UK have the hit or miss connection. Things are great or really shitty....Sadly for me since loot 2.0 patch the lag has been so bad that I just don't get the enjoyment that I use to out of EU. I find myself getting frustrated dying in situations where I should not be dying, often resulting in me logging.

I'd love nothing more than to be able to switch between my gun, resto chip and FAP with out having to wait 5-7 seconds as a result of lag. I don't care about loot lag or AH lag...just the damn tool lag.

Looks like everyone needs to upgrade their PCs again to keep up with growing technology. I too havent had problems. Then again I am using a Alienware Lappy with an extra graphics card extension. :wise:

Looks like everyone needs to upgrade their PCs again to keep up with growing technology. I too havent had problems. Then again I am using a Alienware Lappy with an extra graphics card extension. :wise:

BS
Also Netherlands here, 200Mbits, Q1.2017 Processor.
Even my old systems have no trouble to run everything I always did.
also on Win10 those older systems.
My oldest system is an old dual core pentium on 2.6Ghz(13 years old now I think?) with a Nvidia GTS 450 1GB (2010 Card), and yes that system still runs it on 1080p with 60fps, and ofc with only 1GB on GPU you can't expect to run High settings ofc.
And the game is still based on Directx9 (old gpu architecture), and old spec pc worthy, with a decent GPU ofc.
It was years ago exactly same symptoms as now again.

I also still have all symptoms like others do, is it killing me? no not realy but still it's annoying as hell.
And ofc eveything else runs smooth as butter, again only Entropia is choking :)

My keyword: optimization
And ofc the PP's all seems to have their own coding style, just look at graphics on Arkadia, ROCKtropia, Calypso, they are all different with same settings on your PC.

I only hope they don't do a straight conversion when switching to DX11, if so we will be in for a wild ride again then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
it is probably a combination of ingame features + connection (speed + ping time) - suppose SWE players always had also that advantage (less lags) as closer to source
def there is an ingame issue as it was fine after the last big fixes they did some years ago for lags
opening inventory, opening hoflist, looting, not able to heal - can see it everywhere

it is probably a combination of ingame features + connection (speed + ping time) - suppose SWE players always had also that advantage (less lags) as closer to source
def there is an ingame issue as it was fine after the last big fixes they did some years ago for lags
opening inventory, opening hoflist, looting, not able to heal - can see it everywhere

The servers arent in sweden

Too Short..

must be another myth like the coffee shop or meetings with MA :)
i understood they are now in Netherlands, so probably indeed not location related - should be software than, or luck with picking servers

suppose MA should turn on those serious load tests they do to ensure no regressions after releases through their automated quality assurance suit :)

any dps event is screwed for those with lag issues, what a silly thread and responses - i don't have lag so nobody has lag? wtf.
expecting someone to pop along and say that you should adapt or quit, not whine in the forums
The servers arent in sweden

Last edited:
Ok, two points:
MA bah blah blah is often justified, point one, but ... pinning down a problem can be really hard without DETAILS.
So, who are all these people WITH lag, and who are those WITHOUT considerable lag at any one time?
At the moment my radar (hover mouse over lower half) typically either returns about 40 ms or about 330 ms.
The haloween instance mobs are thus either absolutely fine or somewhat laggy, but the change of tool seems to take longer when I'm lagged than simply the fire next shot lag. Why is that?

I also had problems on a different router recently even accessing all stuff such as AH, storage etc and most other game info. However, there seems to be a system check about a minute after logon (or a non-response timeout) which simply logged me out. Occassionally a communication would get through somewhere somehow and I would have access to the infos, I would pass the test after 1 min and remain logged on.

As it was only a problem I had with EU it would be easy to blame purely MA, but is was ALSO a problem of the router or provider or, or, or...
It's unfortunate that knowing the internal communication between servers is also a security issue, otherwise we might see more people knowing what they are doing, here, there and everywhere...

I've had terrible lags, but the last week seemed quite ok for me actually.

I had a few days when I had lag upon log in, but that could be solved by relogging.

So yeah, the lag for sure is there, but it's not affecting everybody somehow.

MA must have several servers even for same area.

You can be serveral players on same internet and hunting in team.
Player A can have no lag and Player B will have alot of problem, the next day it can be the other way around.

Same internet, same hunting area, different results.

its for sure a MA issue.

I just wish everytime i login to end up on a good server. :D

Last edited:
Did you try turning it off and on again?

OT: i was having heavy lag too in the past, 4 years ago. But when i deleted the antivirus software and moved to a new one... lag was almost gone

Maybe some player is wearing/doing something (like a armorpart, or gun, clothes) that makes the other player lag?

Example:
When i am hunting...and a quad flies into the radar... i lag...
BUT when i am in a quad... and flying into someone elses radar... i dont lag

Last edited:
Too Short..

I'm on 3G connection over wifi and even i don't have lag..
The only lag i have is when the client is loading new items or sounds into cache, which i would assume has to do with my crappy connection, at best i have 3,5MBit and 50-70 latency. Still! the world, hunting and lag from actions are pretty much non-existent!

I'm happy, just saying that!

Cheers

P.S loot sucks as always :laugh:

500/100 at work, 500/50 at home. Ran ping, ran route, ran without antivirus, pretty much in safe mode.

Lag is there. Opening inventory, opening auction, crafting, using tools etc.

Started when other started reporting it. It's better on offhours, when servers have less load.

Ooooor, I could just buy some overrated piece of crap Alienware that 12 years old boys bought in 2011 and lag would disappear!:laugh:

All these posts from ppl who blame PC....lol when like 50+ people all reported it at the same time, yes, logic is sound there.

I too have the delay when switching tools, to the point i'd rather risk not healing than switching. East coast USA.

I'm on 3G connection over wifi and even i don't have lag..
The only lag i have is when the client is loading new items or sounds into cache, which i would assume has to do with my crappy connection, at best i have 3,5MBit and 50-70 latency. Still! the world, hunting and lag from actions are pretty much non-existent!

I'm happy, just saying that!

Cheers

P.S loot sucks as always :laugh:

Proof that user connection speed is meaningless

Maybe we're getting to the bottom of this then. Few Euro's seem to suffer from lag issues. I'm in Canada and it's borderline unplayable in certain cases. After my 5th dc in the instance yesterday I just gave up.

Last edited:
Maybe we're getting to the bottom of this then. Few Euro's seem to suffer from lag issues. I'm in Canada and it's borderline unplayable in certain cases. After my 5th dc in the instance yesterday I just gave up.

There was a recent downtime during which "infrastructure changes" were implemented. When was that precisely again, and did the beginning of the lag problems coincide?

Tried Mayhem instances in Minopolis and it was better that other places , no disconnect no lag , hunted in different places on calypso , at 95% of time I shouted without lag , but had lag at hof list , and loot lag and also a big lag at the crafting machine... but to be honest I was forced to play in low mode graphics with a PC that I can easily play at high settings , this helped . Thought also that the internet connection is bad this days , but tested and it works perfectly. So I don’t know exactly where is the problem...

Back