All these posts about lag

A while back the telia backbone was having serious problems handing off to a US link and that was causing lag and lots of dropped packets for US players. I don't know if that's what's going on now but in my experience the "lag" right now isn't too bad (it was awful for me a few weeks ago), BUT changing weapons and placing vehicles and similar things has ALWAYS been slower than it should be, and often unpredictably so, and it has been a bit worse lately. I suspect there's something FUBAR with the code for these kind of things that's making any existing internet router/backbone problems worse.

no lag for me or very rare in hunting , just lag for open HOF list/skill/crafting or items info
transfer center no lag :rolleyes:
and playing in 2 differents country France/Romania
all in very high and 41/msec

What about trying something like pingzapper or WTFast?

Will I get banned for using VPN?

Maybe we should define Lag different?
Maybe we should call it poor game performance?
Here also a stable 20, and around 40 at camp icarus with alot GD's
Even if you have a Latency of 300 Msec it still should not be as terrible as it is.
But still items don't get along with the speed it should be. and so on.

Or...Perhaps have the decency to not curse people in private with profanities whos post you dont like or dissagree with. Vain arrogance is NOT a mark of intelligence at all. Neither swearing at people or calling them names makes you more macho or superior. :mad:

I love genuine people "achterbaks klootzak" !

I have absolutelly NO problem with being corrected when wrong. But outright attacking me for being wrong does NOT create the desired effect. In fact it says a lot more about you than you realize. I mean its not like I caused you some physical harm through a comment/post now is it? Or explain to me how having been wrong or making a mistake is by your measure a unforgivable sin that warrants being cursed into oblivion?

I may be Dutch, but there are moments that I am deeply ashamed of my own people.

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

Last edited:
Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
Too Short..

Sorry if you thought it was directly aimed towards to you ;)

Think it was you, I never neg rep anyone normally just when I disagree.:eyecrazy:

But however, let's not highjack this thread for your personal rage against me ;)

Funny:lolup: Mustve mistakedly just shown up in my Rep inbox with a nasty comment. wow! :confused:

Think it was you,

You are a LIAR! You definitelly started this. Be a man and fes up!!!

This is what triggered me: " You sir are a fucking moron!" -Linked to my comment posted publically. With a neg rep. But the reps you can shove where the sun dont shine, dont care about that.

My apologies to the OP that this happened here on your thread. But I need to expose this fruitcake for the spineless person he actually is. My anger is justified.

Funny:lolup: Mustve mistakedly just shown up in my Rep inbox with a nasty comment. wow! :confused:

what? :eyecrazy:
I think you forgot how you made the comment to me tru the rep system.
Get a life, move along, be a little mature.
Now stop showing your face, and no i'm not comming to you, you ain't worth my time.

Too Short..

what? :eyecrazy:
I think you forgot how you made the comment to me tru the rep system.
Get a life, move along, be a little mature.
Now stop showing your face, and no i'm not comming to you, you ain't worth my time.

Nope I did not forget as it was a response from a rep comment you actually intially started. Did you expect me to take it and not get angry at you.

You dont know me buttercup. Come and make me.

Then dont come, I dont care. As far as I am concerned you aint got a spine she-male.

And that was exactly what was in your neg rep to me, that has triggerd me, because I did not get why you called me names for only saying that you don't need High end. blah blah

but ok i'm done with it, get over it and move on.

Okay perhaps the Moderators can look into this and confirm as they do have the powers to do so on this forum.

Just to see who is lying here right now. This friggin person is openly lying saying that his words are mine like reversing the whole thing. WOW just bloody wow! Whos being immature now huh?

Too Short..

Ok if you think it's that way, you can think what you want. I see no reason why on earth this sillyness of you has to be here in public anyway?
You need attention or what?

And indeed let the moderators do their job, all ready reported you ;)

Good let the Moderators investigate.

Youre quite a piece of work bud. :scratch2:

Just when we start to possibly narrow down the cause of the issues, a couple egos clash and derail the topic. Take it to PM so the adults here can continue to try and do Mindark's job.

Back on topic, it seems more like a routing issue like you guys are saying. Is using a VPN against EULA? It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case, but I am really curious to try it to see if there is any impact.

Too Short..

The servers are in Germany..

hence why a bunch of netherlands, denmark, etc... players have no problems... the further you are from Germany the worse it is..

My ping register indicates I've got 35ms to my ISP's server. so there's a problem on MA's end or their server provider's end. I'm in Eastern US.

Or, US players are getting fucked because net neutrality is done and ISPs want us playing US-based games. :shots:

Also:
MA must have several servers even for same area.

You can be serveral players on same internet and hunting in team.
Player A can have no lag and Player B will have alot of problem, the next day it can be the other way around.

Same internet, same hunting area, different results.

its for sure a MA issue.

I just wish everytime i login to end up on a good server. :D

I've noticed if I relog sometimes the lag will be completely gone, other times not.. maybe it is all about getting on the right server.

MA must have several servers even for same area.

You can be serveral players on same internet and hunting in team.
Player A can have no lag and Player B will have alot of problem, the next day it can be the other way around.

Same internet, same hunting area, different results.

its for sure a MA issue.

I just wish everytime i login to end up on a good server. :D
I can definitely share the experience but I doubt MA has different servers for the same area. It's possible there's several areas on one server but division of one area (and then syncing it) between this whole group of servers... I don't think CryEngine can do that. I'm not sure if any engine used for MMO's can do that.
No... must be something else.

I remember once we stood in Twins with 2 of my soc mates. It was Merry Mayhem, weekend and European peak hours, and Twins was seriously overcrowded. Goes without saying it was pretty laggy, like waves of lag - up and down. At the worst lag peaks people dropped out - you could see green dots disappearing on the radar while almost your whole FL went offline at once.
Both of my socmates got disconnected too, although we live in the same city. The only difference between us was, I had a different ISP, a heavily policed/filtered one that didn't even allow any P2P traffic (meaning, no torrents for me, real pain in the .. backside). The positive effect of that was extremely low latency.
Now, I don't claim latency is the root of all evil, definitely not. The servers were quite obviously overcrowded and couldn't handle the load. Instead, I'm suspecting in such situations (when something's wrong somewhere) the system effectively starts working according to the "first come first served" principle. Meaning, whoever can grab the next network packet first (before the network timeout closes the session) will run with it and the next guy might be left out in the cold.

[System]: Entropia Universe time: 2017-10-29 03:44:53
[System]: Session time: 07:48:17

Sounds like it depends where you live. I didn't get any lag or disconnections tonight.

Night. :zzz:

I was on for 10 hours and Lag of course just like every day since september.

I think the problem is people think this is ingame lag and it's not what we are talking about. I have perfect latency I can run around talk do everything without lag. The lag is in the loot server because soon as I start an activity that rewards loot it lags.

I can sweat no lag I can't hunt because that rewards loot and has to calculate decay and rewards and because of that it is heavy lag

No lag at all here.. with a very stable 23 latency!

I do too but the latency has nothing to do with the lag!!!!!:mad: I have perfect latency when hunting but it's unbearable lag and items stick. It's not standard in game lag or something with connection which is why MA can't fix the dam thing.

So this is the lag we are talking about. No lag until I attack a creature or do something that involves decay or ped (this is why i don't lag sweating or running around ingame as I have great latency too). So I am forced to combat this by doing small mobs and over armor because that way I don't have to heal. As when you try to switch to your fap it will say access denied on that item. I can't hunt big mobs because I can't heal or switch to an Arso chip. By time I arso a mob and switch back to my main weapon the Dot is gone.

So the Halloween event is unplayable for me. My deposit will go untouched to do that event and I sent a support ticket in letting them know.

The real issue is if I can't and many others can't hunt or participate in events. Bottom line MA is losing money and turning paying players away. I have considered selling my hunting gear because it's very frustrating that a serious issue like this has gone on since september. Although I guess can do other professions and not spend anything too. Maybe when all of MA's profits go down and they wonder why the event didn't do well they will actually try to fix what they broke in 2.1.

To further give some info I have hunted on every planet to see if it was better and NO PLANET has less lag than the other! No matter what planet I hunt on soon as you start you can't access items and they stick. It has been this way everyday since september which is why I believe its something they did in the loot server in 2.1. Perfect latency the whole time mind you. I just can't do activities that involve spending PED!!!

Last edited:
I was on for 10 hours and Lag of course just like every day since september.

I think the problem is people think this is ingame lag and it's not what we are talking about. I have perfect latency I can run around talk do everything without lag. The lag is in the loot server because soon as I start an activity that rewards loot it lags.

I can sweat no lag I can't hunt because that rewards loot and has to calculate decay and rewards and because of that it is heavy lag

I do too but the latency has nothing to do with the lag!!!!!:mad: I have perfect latency when hunting but it's unbearable lag and items stick. It's not standard in game lag or something with connection which is why MA can't fix the dam thing.

So this is the lag we are talking about. No lag until I attack a creature or do something that involves decay or ped (this is why i don't lag sweating or running around ingame as I have great latency too). So I am forced to combat this by doing small mobs and over armor because that way I don't have to heal. As when you try to switch to your fap it will say access denied on that item. I can't hunt big mobs because I can't heal or switch to an Arso chip. By time I arso a mob and switch back to my main weapon the Dot is gone.

So the Halloween event is unplayable for me. My deposit will go untouched to do that event and I sent a support ticket in letting them know.

The real issue is if I can't and many others can't hunt or participate in events. Bottom line MA is losing money and turning paying players away. I have considered selling my hunting gear because it's very frustrating that a serious issue like this has gone on since september. Although I guess can do other professions and not spend anything too. Maybe when all of MA's profits go down and they wonder why the event didn't do well they will actually try to fix what they broke in 2.1.

To further give some info I have hunted on every planet to see if it was better and NO PLANET has less lag than the other! No matter what planet I hunt on soon as you start you can't access items and they stick. It has been this way everyday since september which is why I believe its something they did in the loot server in 2.1. Perfect latency the whole time mind you. I just can't do activities that involve spending PED!!!

Again, this is also what I have been, and I'm currently experiencing.

Hey MA, if the game is going to play like 2005, the least you could do is let us go back and play the 2005 game.

We need to start a poll. Are you receiving lag? Yes or No. If yes, have you had poor hunting returns since the lag started? Also which country do you play from?

there is one more thing that happens on my pc from time to time which also manifests as lag (windows 10 here)
it is causing my android emulator to disconnect every 2 minutes which also matches with real lag ingame, and when I notice that have to go to control panel, find windows updates issues, run as administrator and fix everything found then restart pc. after that it goes away until next time (can take days or weeks)
thanks to soko for giving me this hint, i would have never found it myself

I think the problem is people think this is ingame lag and it's not what we are talking about. I have perfect latency I can run around talk do ever

Pretty sure we mean the same thing :) I dont have it... At all..

[System]: Entropia Universe time: 2017-10-29 23:22:32
[System]: Session time: 05:55:38

Without a single hickup/lag/switchtool lag/lootlag.. nothing

Here is something to put into perspective what we are dealing with. 23 minutes of massive frustration.
especially the pumpkin and end boss

Notice how the global chat and skills and damages done to me work fine during the WALLS of yellow fail chat, register fine, and how the server responds to every key pressed.

Notice on autofire how at times it will just stop firing, and yet resume after without turning it off. Wouldn't the server know I am doing x dps and be able to calculate those lost shots?...no they just get lost.

So many things you could glean from this...such as some parts of the server are working as intended, and others are not.

Despite the efforts of the swedes I still will march on and try my best to win, but as you can see it is nearly futile for many of us.

*yeah realize not on ark, but just loaded stream up quick and dirty to show this problem.

Last edited:
USA and Canada cannot play due to lag

Here is something to put into perspective what we are dealing with. 23 minutes of massive frustration.
especially the pumpkin and end boss

Notice how the global chat and skills and damages done to me work fine during the WALLS of yellow fail chat, register fine, and how the server responds to every key pressed.

Notice on autofire how at times it will just stop firing, and yet resume after without turning it off. Wouldn't the server know I am doing x dps and be able to calculate those lost shots?...no they just get lost.

So many things you could glean from this...such as some parts of the server are working as intended, and others are not.

Despite the efforts of the swedes I still will march on and try my best to win, but as you can see it is nearly futile for many of us.

*yeah realize not on ark, but just loaded stream up quick and dirty to show this problem.

Thanks for the video this shows it perfectly and why i given up using arso trying to switch weapons and why i am not doing the event. Its a real shame that a lot of people don't even get a fair chance at doing the event. Maybe its fixed by Christmas

And yet I have not experienced it at all in the last month. I’m not saying it’s not there, but it doesn’t make sense to say that it is from something on MA’s end, and yet I have not experienced it in any form while everyone else has. I’m wondering if it has to do with routing from the server to certain areas of the world. If that is indeed the case than it is not something that can be fixed by MA.

We are directing pretty much all of our resources towards fixing the lag. While improvements have been made many players are still reporting severe lag so there is still work to do.

Confirmed by the man.

What about trying something like pingzapper or WTFast?

Will I get banned for using VPN?

Message I received from support:

2017-10-30 13:02 You wrote:

With all the lag that I'm currently experiencing, I'm looking at using a service such as pingzapper or wtfast. Is this OK to use?

Thanks,
Norian
2017-10-30 13:20 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Norian,

Thank you for contacting us, please accept any inconvenience this might have caused you.

We do not promote using of third party services, so our answer to your question is no.

A common misconception among Entropia Universes player base is that lag and delay issues are easy to solve.

Measures to improve the lag and delay has already been made.

We do however see that the changes didn't give the desired effects, and we are now working extremely hard to fix it even more.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support

Back