Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
ONLY ANSWER IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING PERSISTENT LAG WITH THE FOLLOWING:

1) 2-4 second delays on hof board refresh / refiner usage / tool switching / vehicle spawning / auction usage
2) at least 1 disconnect in a 2-3 hour play session
3) ping of less than 150ms

EDIT: The goal of this is to determine if the lag is widespread or limited to specific regions of the world.

Last edited:

1) 2-4 second delays on hof board refresh / refiner usage / tool switching / vehicle spawning / auction usage

1. Many second delays attempting to switch tools while hunting leading to many deaths and tp round trips I would have not had normally.

2. Infrequent disconnects(thankfully).

3. Ingame ping = 93 msec atm.

US , California, SF Bay Area.
AT&T , 42mb down, 5mb up.
Windows 7
Graphics 1920x1200 Low setting.

Experiencing all of the above while playing.

Playing from home or at the office, using Windows 10 or Windows 7, fiber or cable based internet, nothing changes my lag.

In game ping averaging 70ms with infrequent disconnects.

US, California, Los Angeles area

Last edited:

1) all day everyday
2) yes, although the disconnects have been less frequent
3) yes, ping usually 50-80ms (midwest USA)

I'm pretty sure some people clicked their region then were wondering where's the option for lag/no lag and then just left it there like ... meh, whatever

Adding one more choice - "No lag" might be a good idea.

I'm pretty sure some people clicked their region then were wondering where's the option for lag/no lag and then just left it there like ... meh, whatever

Adding one more choice - "No lag" might be a good idea.

the OP says in big bold fucking letters not to post if you aren't experiencing lag.

35-40 ping , super rare disconnect but i have item lag :S so only option 1.

EDIT: The goal of this is to determine if the lag is widespread or limited to specific regions of the world.

Thanks for making thread! We are in the same boat as you know.

Main issues is 1 with item sticking while hunting. I do have auction lag as well. Disconnect isn't heavy some days though it can happen but i can have a 10 hour lag session.

63 msec.

This poll is kind of pointless unless you know the total number of people not just the number of people with lag :p.

You need a % of people with lag, not the absolute number I think...

This poll is kind of pointless unless you know the total number of people not just the number of people with lag :p.

You need a % of people with lag, not the absolute number I think...

I don't care how many people have lag... what I care about is whether other places of the world are better off....

according to the poll so far, adjusted for % of players not in US or Europe, the lag is everywhere so the claims about it being worse in the US or elsewhere seem false.

I suspect the issue is 10/10 on MA's end now

How did you do this adjustment?

germany - frankfurt area here and im not experiencing significant lag. at the start yes but after MA did their last fix it was gone for me. well gone is a big word but its about the same as it has always been.
hof board pages changing is a little slower than usual and the auction sometimes is slow as well. item change lag is next to none. i mean this game has never been totally lag free. though the auction slowness might occur more often now than before. same with hof board. but all the rest is pretty much business as usual for me.

We are directing pretty much all of our resources towards fixing the lag. While improvements have been made many players are still reporting severe lag so there is still work to do.

Finally got an answer.

I am having lag so I voted. But again, as it has been said a few times, this poll needs a second question and I don't think we can do that.

We're just trying to say that without knowing if someone is or is not lagging, we are automatically assuming the lag is region based. While it is a pretty solid assumption, it can also lead to misdiagnosing the problem and trying to solve it from the wrong direction.

What if the % of people in the US who lag is 50/50? Then the theory of lag by region doesn't stand well at all. It isn't impossible that it is hardware/software incompatibilities.

As for better off, you can't tell that either. We don't have a % of players in those regions as statistics to compare off of. Just because you have 50 votes for the US and 2 for anywhere else doesn't mean that place is better off, it just means there were less votes, less participants, less players, less laggers, or ANYTHING else.

I am having lag so I voted. But again, as it has been said a few times, this poll needs a second question and I don't think we can do that.

We're just trying to say that without knowing if someone is or is not lagging, we are automatically assuming the lag is region based. While it is a pretty solid assumption, it can also lead to misdiagnosing the problem and trying to solve it from the wrong direction.

What if the % of people in the US who lag is 50/50? Then the theory of lag by region doesn't stand well at all. It isn't impossible that it is hardware/software incompatibilities.

As for better off, you can't tell that either. We don't have a % of players in those regions as statistics to compare off of. Just because you have 50 votes for the US and 2 for anywhere else doesn't mean that place is better off, it just means there were less votes, less participants, less players, less laggers, or ANYTHING else.

We have an answer directly from the senior game designer that the problem is on MindArk's side.

We have an answer directly from the senior game designer that the problem is on MindArk's side.

thats not what i read out of that quote... they said they got reports of people still having a problem and that they are investigating it. doesnt mean its a problem on their end though. (it most likely is but dont read more out of a quote than there is)

thats not what i read out of that quote... they said they got reports of people still having a problem and that they are investigating it. doesnt mean its a problem on their end though. (it most likely is but dont read more out of a quote than there is)

Point taken. I retract my previous statement.

35-40 ping, i have option 1 all time.
No disconnects so far, but item lag is constant so it makes hunting quite hard to do because unable to heal most times.
Getting also lot of constant failed messages which comes always group of two or three failed in row.
Seems some server areas are better like nymptown for mayhem event.
Last days during diablo event almost no item lag at all and there was lot of avas around, but now its back so something on patches or vu make it much worse again.
Many people have also complained that lot of games have suffered lot of performance issues after windows 10 creators 11.4.2017 update.
Maybe thats also what effect some issues people suffering, all fault may not be on MA servers end.

Software/hardware compatibility doesn't mean its on the client side. They might have released a change that , for example, is incompatible with all Nvidia cards. Just an example. It has happened. That's still on them to fix.

Back