Halloween Mayhem ... point expectations

Darth Revan

Prowler
Society
Love Craft Academy
Darth Reven Reborn
Would be interested to know what sort of points/hour one should expect in the Mayhem event?
Also does the point chance for looting pumpkins (points) differ depending on the level your enter?

I have done around 7 hours total in mayhem, and only got around 550 points.
Now i'm not going for the event to try to win, all i do is enter, shoot mobs until the 35min mark and then go kill the pumpkin and then the cannibal and exit, mainly doing this to get strongboxes (plus skill rewards) as i'm not wanting to pay the stupid prices people are trying to sell these for (averaging around 4-5 strongboxes per run).

But I am curious as to what people should be expecting points wise, considering you are allowed a maximum of 40hrs for the event. Looking at the bonus rewards, you need to reach 5000 points to get a 50 PED reward....at my current rate, getting that is going to be unlikely.....should they perhaps make that reward threshold lower to entice more people to do the event?

Something else i noticed as well, I did level 1 for the first 2 runs, barely got any pumpkins while hunting and would get one from the big pumpkin and 1 from the cannibal, found i was killing the creatures to easily so decided to step up to level 2. Instantly i noticed i was getting a lot more drops of pumpkins, mainly 1 point but also some 5/10 and 20 point ones on the zombie dogs and mutants. Not to mention that the big pumpkin had a chance of giving two pumpkins as loot and the cannibal seems to have a guarantee of 2 pumpkins sometimes 3 as loot (prob because you give up 2 rotten pumpkins to the box).

So does that mean, going up to level 3, i would expect more pumpkin drops (or more higher points) from normal mobs and then the big pumpkin to drop 2, maybe 3 and cannibal to drop 3 maybe 4?
And again for level 4 and 5 does this all increase as well?

If so, then it seems there would be no chance for anyone who doesn't do Level 4 or 5 to compete in this event to get in the top 15, unless of course they were lucky enough to loot a few 5K point pumpkins.

My understanding:

Pumpkin drops is proportional to hp of the mob.

Damage per hour for top players from previous competitions is in the 750k to 900k damage per hour (I think)

Im betting winner will be at 1200-1400 average per hour score

If so, then it seems there would be no chance for anyone who doesn't do Level 4 or 5 to compete in this event to get in the top 15, unless of course they were lucky enough to loot a few 5K point pumpkins.

The event winners would theoretically win the event in cat5 or cat1, using the same DPS. The only difference is that there's less switching between mobs in cat5.

You're right though, there is no chance of winning unless you're over 200 DPS. There's some variation above that due to 5k pump randomness, but generally all the event winners will be ultra DPS.

Hunting Lvl 1, average 150/hr. Drop rate didn't change as my dps increased, so feels safe to say I was maxing that instance at 40dps. Average 1 pumpkin every 8.5 kills. Drop rate didn't change with dps increase (almost doubled my dps, same efficiency for testing)

After this testing I discarded the illusion that a noob could ever win this through any kind of strategy, so really don't see the point. The boxes add a small incentive. (drop rate 1 every 100 kills)

Hunting Lvl 1, average 150/hr. Drop rate didn't change as my dps increased, so feels safe to say I was maxing that instance at 40dps. Average 1 pumpkin every 8.5 kills. Drop rate didn't change with dps increase (almost doubled my dps, same efficiency for testing)

After this testing I discarded the illusion that a noob could ever win this through any kind of strategy, so really don't see the point. The boxes add a small incentive. (drop rate 1 every 100 kills)

Its not even to place in the top 15, but to just get one of the bonus rewards for shooting in the event seems like a stretch unless you get lucky with some high drops.

Maybe MA should think about lower reward levels or even different reward levels for different Cat levels.
Like the way Arkadia has done with their Gold Rush how they give away prizes for each level.
Actually at least attending the Gold Rush as a low level player you can usually get a 100% skill pill every hour as it requires only 100 points in Cat 1...that's a good bonus to any low level player.

Its not even to place in the top 15, but to just get one of the bonus rewards for shooting in the event seems like a stretch unless you get lucky with some high drops.

Maybe MA should think about lower reward levels or even different reward levels for different Cat levels.
Like the way Arkadia has done with their Gold Rush how they give away prizes for each level.
Actually at least attending the Gold Rush as a low level player you can usually get a 100% skill pill every hour as it requires only 100 points in Cat 1...that's a good bonus to any low level player.

There have been several mayhems which had 4 categories.
Which was good imho.

There have been several mayhems which had 4 categories.
Which was good imho.

I seem to recall alts being used to win the different categories lol.

I seem to recall alts being used to win the different categories lol.

Yeah I could see that being a problem for the main prizes, maybe just have different bonus rewards for the different levels and limit it to only getting the highest bonus reward across all levels per avatar. It's only UA and with loot 2.0 so it's unlikely that you will profit even with that bonus.

Bonus prize of 50 ped Ua would be expected around run 25-35. I would actually expect it sooner as i feel i should get at least a few 500/1ks in there

To give you an idea how imbalanced the different levels are, from one Kal Lvl 4 (2-3 min shoot n fap) I looted around 180 pumpkin points.

Forgive my ignorance - casual long time player here. Where is the Cannibal? Just did my first round and killed the pumpkin, didn't see the cannibal.

Forgive my ignorance - casual long time player here. Where is the Cannibal? Just did my first round and killed the pumpkin, didn't see the cannibal.

He's around the block and up through the forest; the main house is where you find his activation box.

2016 saw winners top ten from 37k to 47k

2015 top ten was 29k to 37k

I am guessing somewhere around 30-40k for the winners this year.

Back