• Lag - no, SSD - no

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

Haruto Rat

Elite
Society
fode et fuge
Cunning Haruto Rat
I have a hypothesis that there might be some correlation between recent performance troubles and hardware used, namely type of hard disk in use.

If there's none... well, negative result is also a result. :)

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
no SSD, just a 7+year old HD.
Most of the time no lag.

I am ruling out any hardware issues, since some server responses work perfectly at the same time others do not.

Example of things that work as intended:
Skill gains, chats, global spam, healing ticks, damage done to you

Things that do not work as intended: (keep in mind the other things work fine at the same time these do not)
Shots fired, item swapping, auto-fire working correctly, crafting /auction page load issues.

Ill post this quick and dirty stream again since it highlights this issue exactly:

I am leaning toward bad routing of packets on the server, making UDP pass, and TCP fail. I am also leaning toward a localized server farm, where the international pipelines coming in go to a different server than the local traffic...which would explain so many people near the servers not having issues at all.

I am also assuming that MA did the stupid...and gave the servers to some other company to run. Ive seen some of the tricks these places use to keep failing gear cycled with good gear to limit exposure to issues, and save every penny they can.

Lag yes, SSD yes.

Haven't had lag with EU until the most recently large patches either... and is same pc and same ISP. Just saying.

You can rule out hardware and you can rule out internet connection. Every. Single. Thread. has someone boasting about their shitgears operating with no lag.

and seriously you would all make horrific IT. This many users reporting essentially the exact same symptoms on a specific timeline with no previous instances.....and you try to blame the users end.

I am also assuming that MA did the stupid...and gave the servers to some other company to run. Ive seen some of the tricks these places use to keep failing gear cycled with good gear to limit exposure to issues, and save every penny they can.

They did do this... the server provider is located in Germany.. MA does not own them.

this is also why we get primetime maintenance on weekends a few times per year.

They did do this... the server provider is located in Germany.. MA does not own them.

this is also why we get primetime maintenance on weekends a few times per year.

I am not sure which lag thread it was mentioned in, but somebody stated maybe try a VPN to avoid the issues and was unsure of the MA policy using such. I contacted support and will post the reply here since I can't seem to find the original thread it was in.

2017-10-30 14:24 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi OC,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do not promote usage of third party software's and cannot assure you that your account wont be locked, since it can trigger our system for a suspect program, nor do we take responsibility in if your game starts having in-game issues afterwards.

We do not recommend that you start using a VPN software, but what you do after this is up to you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support

Also, I have lag and I have a SSD as primary and EU is installed on.

We are directing pretty much all of our resources towards fixing the lag. While improvements have been made many players are still reporting severe lag so there is still work to do.

Here's the answer.

Lag no, SSD yes. But I don't think HDD can affect performance to the such extent as people describe it.

The only thing we learn from the poll is that there more entropians with SSD than without :D

Lol, how the fuck would your hard drive interfere with network connection.

This game is designed to run on systems down to 64kb/s. Any lag is server side.

But Kim does not answer why there is so much lag.

Obviously... The fact is that we have confirmation that they are trying to do something. Up to this point we all got to enjoy sitting around blaming each other for having shitty internet or hardware. Something changed in September and up until today there was no admission they had any control over resolving the issue.

Last edited:
lags been for weeks same as most others after seemed to be right after a vu in which they updated graphics issues...

I run an i74790k with a gtx 1080 graphics card so that should be overkill to run this game..... I do NOT run a SSD however. I have no latency issues with any other game or any other connection. Numerous calls to my isp have assured me its coming from their end and not mine seems like last patch all they did was try to "fake" a fix by disguising the animations offsync to pretend it was a "normal" issue. But it still does NOT fix the problem obviously and who really wants to play with off sync animations(Cyrene Crystal pede area for instance). For years I had no other issues other than the here and there lag "hiccups" that are expected with any type of online game. This has rendered the game almost unplayable

Wierd thing is for the Hogglo Diablo weekend I had no lag issues that whole weekend... What did they do rent server space elsewhere for the event? Cause right after the event it went back to lag lag lag..... Forget hunting or trying to craft now its too annoying...

I normally depo about 1k- 2k peds A WEEK.. yes thats 1-2 thousand peds a week...... Past four weeks I have depoed a total of 300 peds and I still have 171 left as I havent been able to play hardly at all :(

Ill give it a lil while longer then Ill be forced to move onto other games and will fire sale all my gear :)

Forget them making any $$$ from my depos shortly they will have to pay me some real $$$ when I cash out.

I found a server that had zero lag for the first time yesterday for the entire month of October, and that is no lie.

It absolutely stunned me how flawless it was at one location..(which I only thought to log into because I noticed all of entropy 2.0 there, for whatever that is worth) Some soc mates came by and found the same thing...logging out and back into this location solved all lag issues.

Had a good 5 hours of perfection, not one hiccup (again, for the first time all month this long)....then all of a sudden booted from the game, and when I logged back it was back to the horrible delays, just rage at that point. Thankfully I found it this morning again, and streamed the difference.

Mostly because it makes me realize that there are probably only 1-2 servers when people log in that are OK, and when those fill up, everyone else gets dumped onto a bad server. And this would be very hard to not know about when you are in control of them. If its the case they have good/bad servers active with an ongoing event is to say the least irresponsible.

Now its down to praying I get what I now know exists when I log in....the perfect server.

Think is more than well known MA wanna host events when they got lag, and events only make it worse

I found a server that had zero lag for the first time yesterday for the entire month of October, and that is no lie.

It absolutely stunned me how flawless it was at one location..(which I only thought to log into because I noticed all of entropy 2.0 there, for whatever that is worth) Some soc mates came by and found the same thing...logging out and back into this location solved all lag issues.

Yes, Entropy has found the secret to zero lag.

Not. :mad:

Got EU installed on a Samsung 960pro here, and lag more than ever, last night was particularly bad.

Last edited:
I have 8gb ram and no lag so maybe u guys should download some more ram if you're having latency problems :wise:

Have 3 in the SSD960pro series

Got EU installed on a Samsung 960pro here, and lag more than ever, last night was particularly bad.

I have three SSD drives in this series, and I love them, hardly a contributor to lag. They question to ask is what other drives do you have installed. A system can only run as fast as the slowest hard drive. So if you have a regular HDD at either 5400 or 7800 rpms, you lose a lot in the ability of an SSD to increase performance in a siginificant way. If you need a regular HDD for bulk storage, take it out of your PC and put it in a USB enclosure so you can access when you want to without slowing down your system.

I7 6700k 4.0ghz, sandisk extreme ssd, evga ftw 3 1080ti x 2, 32gb 3000hz ddr5 corsair dominator ram, net speed 65 down 30 up. Generally have about 57ms latency in game but recently has been spiking to the high 100s. Never had his kind of lag before. Playing other games I’m 100% fine. It’s purely mindark servers. Not sure why people are speculating otherwise. It seems to be server &/or location based. I’m losing roughly 10% dps due to server lag but after talking to some friends some are not lagging some are, idk. Most Europeans supposedly aren’t lagging (sweden, Netherlands, German) I’ve talked to some fellow US players that aren’t lagging. I really don’t know. All I know is that it’s not on my end and unfortunately I have yet to find the secret entropy 2.0 server ?
But hey, why not run an event when we can’t get our servers straightened out. Gg Ma

This thread is 100% pointless. If you are referring to the recent lag when switching items, loading inventory and all that, then the local machine has very little to do with the issue.

This lag we are experiencing is caused by one or more of the following:

- Table look-up times to retrieve inventory items and auction listings
- Server requests for switching avatar active weapon/item get batched or lost in transit
- Commands and server responses time-out (mob taking damage or dying is delayed)
- Bad peering from the ISP they are using for incoming and outgoing traffic (happened to Eve Online for example, for a couple of months a random chunk of the player base had rubber banding and dc-ing issues)
- Servers got scaled down and at peak times requests take longer to complete

I have three SSD drives in this series, and I love them, hardly a contributor to lag. They question to ask is what other drives do you have installed. A system can only run as fast as the slowest hard drive. So if you have a regular HDD at either 5400 or 7800 rpms, you lose a lot in the ability of an SSD to increase performance in a siginificant way. If you need a regular HDD for bulk storage, take it out of your PC and put it in a USB enclosure so you can access when you want to without slowing down your system.

All my drives are SSD
The Samsung 960 pro is M2 (primary drive, also with Entropia on)
2 Sandisk extreme 480 gig
And a 128 Samsung 850Evo.

Society mate mentioned his lag was reduced after running a recent WOW network patch. It basically tweaked some network settings in your Network Manager in windows. He was going to send me a link where to get the patch but he said it was searchable, I just have not searched for it.

Thought I would mention this though. Apparently WOW has been having network issues as of late as well and this patch reduces lag for both games. If I do ever find it I will Edit and post the link here.

I am not sure which lag thread it was mentioned in, but somebody stated maybe try a VPN to avoid the issues and was unsure of the MA policy using such. I contacted support and will post the reply here since I can't seem to find the original thread it was in.
I doubt this would be a viable option. 1, to get a decent VPN you have to pay, and even then, you will still be throttled if you have a fast connection like I do. 2, yes there are free VPNs, but hooooly crap are they terrible. Like, a 3G mobile connection is faster/more stable. So yeah, not a great option there.

And of course that's not the mention that up until the past several months I never had such issues.

I doubt this would be a viable option. 1, to get a decent VPN you have to pay, and even then, you will still be throttled if you have a fast connection like I do. 2, yes there are free VPNs, but hooooly crap are they terrible. Like, a 3G mobile connection is faster/more stable. So yeah, not a great option there.

And of course that's not the mention that up until the past several months I never had such issues.

MindArk states that VPNs are not supported and you run the risk of having your account locked.

Society mate mentioned his lag was reduced after running a recent WOW network patch. It basically tweaked some network settings in your Network Manager in windows. He was going to send me a link where to get the patch but he said it was searchable, I just have not searched for it.

Thought I would mention this though. Apparently WOW has been having network issues as of late as well and this patch reduces lag for both games. If I do ever find it I will Edit and post the link here.

I been playing wow for a month now because of this fubar situation and thankfully have had no technical issues that required me to go search for a patch and apply it.

MindArk states that VPNs are not supported and you run the risk of having your account locked.
Well I was saying it wouldn't be a good option even if it were allowed, so ;)

SO this poll shows, that many people have an SSD nowadays.

Back