Server Downtime for Maintenance

and after this update everything will be fixed again! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Everybody happy again. Everybody able to login, play and spend money again! :yay::yay::yay:

Go MA! You can do it!! :wtg:

and after this update everything will be fixed again! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Everybody happy again. Everybody able to login, play and spend money again! :yay::yay::yay:

Go MA! You can do it!! :wtg:

Yes please.

Sooooooo . . . . . . no fix for the mining stronk boxes yet ?? :lolup:

Still down ??

Hm but it's 09:00 UTC atm ... what's wrong MA ;/

well MA is one hour behind our time now since we changed to winter time

That's why it's easier to use UTC for world-wide synchronization.

I could understand the mistake if they spoke about local time...

It just went offline so in 30min it will be back..... hopefully:laugh:

MA is on GMT/UTC time and was supposed to go down at 0800 so I guess they got the time mixed up :) Easy to do with the time change from summer/daylight savings time.

still lag :(:scratch2:

it's not as bad though..

Last edited:
Life was much easier when Earth was still flat. :)

I am still lagging bad. Oddly right before server shut down it seemed better.

30 seconds of shooting and 3-5 seconds of waiting for reload (without even switching tools). I'm doing 100k less damage per run than normal during Halloween due to it. Thank god I don't have to fap at all, because when fapping it takes about 20 seconds to switch. I have tried 2 different internet connections and multiple PC's.

The net I have here is 150 down, 30 up and is very steady when speed testing. It runs perfectly for playing other games and watching shows at the same time. With nothing else in the whole house running, I still have the same lag. I have 32 GB ram and a nvidia 1070 GTX video card. It seems to be a lot of people in the USA have this problem.

I watched vodka's stream and saw he isn't experiencing this lag at all. He had a few 1/2 second spikes where I'd have 3-5 second ones. It makes me upset to attempt to compete after buying all this gear, PC, and great internet just for events like this. I should probably stop trying this event but I love trying anyway. I guess my question to MA is, what did you change in the past month that has caused this? Something has changed on their end.

I watched vodka's stream and saw he isn't experiencing this lag at all. He had a few 1/2 second spikes where I'd have 3-5 second ones. It makes me upset to attempt to compete after buying all this gear, PC, and great internet just for events like this. I should probably stop trying this event but I love trying anyway. I guess my question to MA is, what did you change in the past month that has caused this? Something has changed on their end.

Vodka is from Sweden right? I am from Sweden too and I have not experienced so awful lag as everyone else have had over the past few months. I do not know the servers location, but depending on where you live usually matters when it comes to lag.

Can anyone else from Sweden tell how they perceive the lag?

it must be hardware for the servers gone bad...

#rip to those who won't place in mayhem due to this.

I guess my question to MA is, what did you change in the past month that has caused this? Something has changed on their end.

We will be replacing infrastructure at our Server park on Thursday 21/09 between 07:00 UTC to 10:00 UTC.

Our services will be online but the operation may lead to downtime and additional disturbances during the time period in question, any potential downtime should not last longer than 30min.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, we will be monitoring the situation to quickly be able to resolve potential issues.

For details on UTC time please see www.entropiauniverse.com/utc

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

My guess is this caused it. We will never know for sure.

Vodka is from Sweden right? I am from Sweden too and I have not experienced so awful lag as everyone else have had over the past few months. I do not know the servers location, but depending on where you live usually matters when it comes to lag.

Can anyone else from Sweden tell how they perceive the lag?

I'm from Sweden and have not experienced any specific lag since the day Halloween Mathem started. Before that I had the 3-5 sec switch/loot and so on lag.
Thought it was better due to that I was alone in an instance but apparently many players still have the same issues as before.

Im from sweden and have experienced both very bad lagg and also good performing. this morning i had some lagg and the ewening before it was much better. I do different instances tho so that may also matter ofc, cos some are more used i figure.
The servers are located in Netherlands i belive.
I use a 5 years old computer with 8gb ram and a 100/100 optic conection.
I had a couple of crashes unsure what that depended on tho might be on my end to.
Cheers
Nero

Sorry still broken

Every time MA take servers offline for maintenance, they remove some hardware to reduce running costs...

I should probably stop trying this event but I love trying anyway.

Guess it's time to visit Europe during next event ;)

I do not know the servers location, but depending on where you live usually matters when it comes to lag.

Last time I heard servers were somewhere in Netherlands, not sure if still the case.

Last edited:
I guess my question to MA is, what did you change in the past month that has caused this? Something has changed on their end.

Just a heads up but due to a typhon out at sea the fibre optic lines got damaged and are being repaired.

Back