Little on sweating and hunting

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have noticed that several newer players are sweating around incarus and I think they are hurting themselves. I had a sweater that was following right behind me while I was hunt in a group of mobs. It seemed that when I shot a mob he would try to sweat it. And after a few mobs he started running around me trying to block me. I griped at him, even though he was not really hurting me, and he got mad and said I was stealing my mobs. I told him it was better to sweat on the edge of the mob group than right in the middle so people would know he was sweating and that was the end of it. I ran away from him. Anyway it wasn't 2 minutes later he was dead in the middle of a group of mobs.

What I am trying to say is if you get a mob on the edge of a group you can pull him away from the group and if anyone sees you they can tell exactly what you are doing an go the other way and both of you are happy.

... I told him it was better to sweat on the edge of the mob group than right in the middle ..

you should have told him to go to boreas (or nea's) to sweat instead sweating those (hard hitting) punies alone. :wise:

If u are done with puny iron get the hell off of icarus's already overcrowded server.... go hunt at ur level.

I agree it's not a place for sweaters but also not a place for those with the iron already completed....

Lots of kill stealers there. Hunt with weapon that does over 5 damage average if u get tired of others there.

Mindark should consider making it so bones don't loot any longer if u completed puny iron mission... but only if, like all event/mission type items, they allow them to be auctioned... hell, bring back the cap on sweat and make it auctionable too

Last edited:
The way I've always felt about this is that if the mob is attacking another player, you should leave it alone (unless of course they are running away from it).

I was recently messing around Icarus trying to finish the iron mission, but I would sweat mobs for a bottle first before killing them. Sometimes it would take a minute before that first pull. But there were quite a few instances where some yee-haw would come and long before then and start shooting while the mob was on me, occasionally right as I started attacking, sometimes awarding them the mob instead of me. That was super annoying! I did my best to stay out of the scrum, but sometimes there's more people than there are mobs.

So I'd say rule of thumb: if it's already aggro'd on someone else, leave it alone. You never know when that sweat tool is going to get swapped for a gun. But if you're just sweating mobs people are already attacking with no intention to kill, well... too bad I guess.

If u are done with puny iron get the hell off of icarus's already overcrowded server.... go hunt at ur level.

I agree it's not a place for sweaters but also not a place for those with the iron already completed....

Lots of kill stealers there. Hunt with weapon that does over 5 damage average if u get tired of others there.

Mindark should consider making it so bones don't loot any longer if u completed puny iron mission... but only if, like all event/mission type items, they allow them to be auctioned... hell, bring back the cap on sweat and make it auctionable too

Why do you care you are just forum whore with 600 ped in globals and 12K of posts. Get a life!

The way I've always felt about this is that if the mob is attacking another player, you should leave it alone (unless of course they are running away from it).

I was recently messing around Icarus trying to finish the iron mission, but I would sweat mobs for a bottle first before killing them. Sometimes it would take a minute before that first pull. But there were quite a few instances where some yee-haw would come and long before then and start shooting while the mob was on me, occasionally right as I started attacking, sometimes awarding them the mob instead of me. That was super annoying! I did my best to stay out of the scrum, but sometimes there's more people than there are mobs.

So I'd say rule of thumb: if it's already aggro'd on someone else, leave it alone. You never know when that sweat tool is going to get swapped for a gun. But if you're just sweating mobs people are already attacking with no intention to kill, well... too bad I guess.

That is good advise. I have noticed that it seems it getting better about the stealing, when I am on at least.

Why do you care you are just forum whore with 600 ped in globals and 12K of posts. Get a life!

What an unnecessary rude reply!!
And that from the guy who only hunts punies and even makes a forum thread about some noob kill stealing his puny.

Sad, Dan, very sad.

What an unnecessary rude reply!!
And that from the guy who only hunts punies and even makes a forum thread about some noob kill stealing his puny.

Sad, Dan, very sad.

I stand by what I said and you can check my stat on EL I hunted a lot more than punys

Back