Question: A dangerous precedent?

Immortal

Slayer
Society
cK Coat Killers
Hadlen Immortal Deity
MA's Loot 2.0 brought about a significant number of changes. Apart from robbing ubers of their day jobs, it has also allowed for planet partners to create new items not bound by normal rules we are used to over the last 14 odd years. Aside from that, it has grossly devalued every critical hit item in game

Lets look at three cases where the status quo has been turned upside down:

Scopes and sights
The scopes and sights weren't required to obey the laws of the established dpp vs efficiency ratio that is common to every amp and weapon in game. As such, MA manually changed scopes and sights, conveniently making their own sight (ZX DoD) have 100% efficiency, yet ruining previous event prizes and items valued mere months ago in excess of 100k

New amps
The new amps show a tiny taste of whats to come. Incredible dpp, but their efficiency is muted, thus having a far lesser effect on your base weapon efficiency (and thus impacting your returns).
Let's refer to Zho's thread

Dmg, 60
decay=9.9819

Therefore base dpp =6.01

Efficiency should therefore be 100% (actually around 190%)

Yet the stated efficieny on this item is 75%? That's quite a difference.

If MA can allow relaese of high powered items with ridiculous dpp (but disjointed efficiency), what's to stop them doing it to other items? That brings us onto the next point:

Event prizes with critical information missing

https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/halloween2017/#rules

Unique Reaper’s Blade
Two-handed Sword
Damage: 151.6
Speed 42 attacks/minute
Damage/Sec: 106.1
Efficiency: 92.5
Profession Requirement: Level 70-80 Swordsman

So, we are assuming the above item is within the ballpark of all other items. i.e. 106 dps, therefore approx 30pec per second.

With the new loot rules, there's is nothing stopping MA making this item do 1 pec per second, calling it 92.5% efficiency, and laughing as no uber will ever use it.

Imagine taking down a dasp stalker (17k) wherethe cost was 2ped instead of 50peds
Due to Loot 2.0, you would therefore get 2peds± loot per dasp stalker, not 50±.

Would you still hunt them?
Imagine hunting in team or shared loot with such an item, where damage preferences are used. You'd soon become the most hated avatar in EU

On top of that, the efficiencies of these items (lets not mention the dagger at 94%) should have truly massive tiering costs (compare imk2 to imp strike, mod fap to mod hedoc etc). Will they?

This and similar unknowns have the potential to have hugely negative effects on the already shaky post-loot 2.0 hunting sphere in EU.

Entropia is dynamic. Adapt or die. If you choose to die the revive is nearby. ;)

It's becoming standard for them to flip everything upside down every few years... At one time there were no shops... At one time L and Sib didn't exist... At one time planets didn't exist... The game's changing, and will continue to do so over time... It's all a gamble, not an investment...

You forgot the ammo on his amp.

Edit: My bad, you didn't, you just called both combined decay. That's crazy dpp by MA. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

actually high dpp on high MU is really bad as you will get low average loot due to high dpp but the MU is not factored in so you lose even more money despite high dpp. but yeah. better crying before thinking

Imagine taking down a dasp stalker (17k) wherethe cost was 2ped instead of 50peds
Due to Loot 2.0, you would therefore get 2peds± loot per dasp stalker, not 50±.

Would you still hunt them?

I don't know squat about dasps but I can think of a couple scenarios where outlandish dpp would raise average MU of loot dramatically (mobs where good stuff is common but capped at low tt per mob).

While it is a good thing that event amps have high dpp to soften the losses when competing it makes the current shared loot system even more unbalanced

I don't know squat about dasps but I can think of a couple scenarios where outlandish dpp would raise average MU of loot dramatically (mobs where good stuff is common but capped at low tt per mob).

Sure like halix tail. 1000%.- 1600%. One afternoon with a 100dpp sword and you've ruined the market.

FFS for the last time efficiency has nothing to do with DPP...ya'll driving me insane.. we had literally like a 10 page debate about this..

FFS for the last time efficiency has nothing to do with DPP...ya'll driving me insane.. we had literally like a 10 page debate about this..

Efficiency and dpp are directly linked, and both affect returns

They are not directly linked. When MA switched to the new system they assigned efficiency according to dpp but that was only to preserve relative value of existing items. They are however independent of each other. They can make a high dpp weapon with low efficiency if they want to.

Efficiency affects return %, dpp affects loot composition.

I see where the OP is going here... it's a slippery slope argument

assuming dpp is completely irrelevant (which it isn't) this could happen:

that sword could have a max TT of 100 ped and 50k uses at 106 dps... you could kill what was previously a 20 ped mob at 3.00 dpp for something like .75 ped cost... and thus get .75 ped back in loot..

it's an extreme example and in no way practical, but the new system, assuming shared loot is fixed, would create a scenario where this is possible.

however, low cycle is bad for MA's bottom line. there's a reason pyrite is so easy to get now. No double dipping w/ crit dmg and FB on imk2 w/ dmg enhancers so there's no need for pyrite to be 300% or whatever..

MA makes more money the faster players can turn over ped... new 4.5 probe/use finder anyone?

"Imagine taking down a dasp stalker (17k) wherethe cost was 2ped instead of 50peds
Due to Loot 2.0, you would therefore get 2peds± loot per dasp stalker, not 50±."

is that really what loot 2.0 does (or theoretically would do)?! the only thing I can witness from my own experience about 2.0 is that now instead of loot, you get shrap (and no fragments or no loot anymore, which never bothered me in the first place). I'm not joking. people telling me things about 2.0 have always been contradicting each other, that doesn't help either

effiency and dpp were only directly linked to determine the eff rating on existing items.
After the introduction and on new items eff and dpp are 2 seperate things. MA has declared this on several occasions already.

Entropia is dynamic - Entropia is NOT dynamic.

And whay i can say it is because there is a static pattern in all we need in the game to be able to play it like -items - gears - skills and other things.

As we all know this is a real cash economy and you need to do deposits inside the game and MA:s static pattern is that they put rules what you need now to be able to play ok in -items - gears - skills and other things who most people had make deposits to be able to buy this ( so its money in to the game ) and then few months later and up to 1-2 years later MA makes this things worthless and sets a new standard of what you need in the game. So there we have the static pattern that there is always more money in and less money out of the game.

"Imagine taking down a dasp stalker (17k) wherethe cost was 2ped instead of 50peds
Due to Loot 2.0, you would therefore get 2peds± loot per dasp stalker, not 50±."

is that really what loot 2.0 does (or theoretically would do)?! the only thing I can witness from my own experience about 2.0 is that now instead of loot, you get shrap (and no fragments or no loot anymore, which never bothered me in the first place). I'm not joking. people telling me things about 2.0 have always been contradicting each other, that doesn't help either

Yes, that's exactly how it works, and it's verifiable on any mob (easiest on tiny mobs where misses etc mean something)

Yet to be verfied is whether skills affect TT return at all anymore. i.e. can I hunt with a weapon way above my level (such as the unique dagger) but still expect the same %TT return as someone fully skilled in it?

Have you seen the 90%+ efficiency on these two weapons that can be bought with M tokens?

A&P Series Mayhem LP-40 Perfected
A&P Series Mayhem BP-70 Perfected

Back