Why even play?

Nice thoughts about making a profit. However I am not sure you can do that. I know there are a few (very few) that do. I look at Grits stats and I don't think I have seen a profit for a while (that is over a period of time like 6 months). Anyway I like you really do like the game and play it every day but my dreams of profit is not there but the fun always is:)

With enough "skills" you can still make a profit for sure.
But these aren't the green-line-skills most are talking about. ;)

The entropia universe as a whole still offers plenty of opportunities to profit if you're a real entrepreneur and are "skilled" in the game.
And mindless grinding isn't being entrepreneur. :wise:

Sadly I somewhat agree with OP. Don't want to, but grinding mindless mobs for hours has become mind numbing. Same true for dropping probs or spinning the wheel of EP.

In Japan they call it Pachinko.

Pachinko-inside.jpg

Take a break. Relax. Loot 2.0 is only half out. It should really be called loot 1.6986484939037

Take a break. Relax. Loot 2.0 is only half out. It should really be called loot 1.6986484939037

We're talking about the christmas lootboxes due?

:laugh:

Lootboxing - gear bought straight from the company - it's a slippery road to start walking down but once you pick up speed, easy enough to reach the bottom.

I guess I'll add to the foray... started playing in pre-gold and my highest hunting off to this point is a 4200 PED Aurli and my best item loot was an ML35 and DOA SH. However, those items dropped in 2004 and were worth about 2500 PED a piece. Hunting is by far my most utilized profession and I have maybe over 1000 globals/HOFs combined with only 15 of those above 1k.

BUT then there was a small time period where I went after crafting and after a fairly short period I hit a big run of 5k, 8k, 11k, and 13k within an hour.

I was pleased by the return even though it had really brought me even on the crafting bankroll. But it annoyed me that after a decade of hunting and skilling, it took me a month to see giant swirls while crafting with very low skills. It really opened my eyes to the truth of MA's "slot machine" gambit.

I've tried so many setups and methods of hunting, tracked hundreds of thousands of PEDs across my hunts, but nothing has ever helped.

My naive nostalgia from pre-gold and SGA coupled with the friends I made in-game are what kept me going. But they have already taken too much of my money :laugh:

My naive nostalgia from pre-gold and SGA coupled with the friends I made in-game are what kept me going. But they have already taken too much of my money :laugh:

Looks to me you had fun, no need to bring the part where you lost money.
Don't mix business with pleasure.If you chase both you probably lose twice and if you add getting information from friends that play the game poorly (aka online friends you hang around) and you lose even more.
There's a reason I keep telling the same thing over and over and people don't get shit out of it.
You can only lose in EU when you stop shooting.

This should help explain what the community is going through. I believe we are at stage 2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

No its not that....I am aware that chanse to lose my money is much more than my chanses to win and i never deposit more money then i can afford to lose but i want quality time in the game and not see my money just go quickly down in a black hole...
so long MA cant get this they wont get any more money from me.
and i think its same with the most players in this game.

No its not that....I am aware that chanse to lose my money is much more than my chanses to win and i never deposit more money then i can afford to lose but i want quality time in the game and not see my money just go quickly down in a black hole...
so long MA cant get this they wont get any more money from me.
and i think its same with the most players in this game.

That's it 100%
Also what Rave said holds strong for me too. Skills can be very hard to sell. Gear has lost value. And now, you can loot good items from opening boxes or crafting with TT stuff. Looses incentive to skill for me.

That plus what Valentin said is my experience. I love the game, I know I won't profit (and don't set goal to), but If I spend X amount of dollars I hold a REASONABLE expectation that it will last X amount of time. I use the word expectation loosely, it's more like my X dollars should justify X amount of time, and my experience doesn't show that. It lasts few hours - days if I choose to play 1-2 hours a day. I'd like to play 3 hours a day, do some cool /challanging fun things, go to other planets, different professions. That can happen if I spend 2x as much as I am willing, so therefore I pay 2x more for half the fun. That's just my experience. The data, the gear setup, the choices I make are somewhat not important. I'm talking from a 6+ year "vet" who has spent thousands. It's meaningless, to play I just have to spend thousands more but with no light at the end of that tunnel - just more of the same. I"m a long term paying customer and I don't like my experience for what I pay anymore - bottom line.

I had fun some during migration and did some shared loot mobs, so that is my real answer = play like 2 - 3 times a year and really that's not what i prefer.

We're talking about the christmas lootboxes due?

:laugh:

Lootboxing - gear bought straight from the company - it's a slippery road to start walking down but once you pick up speed, easy enough to reach the bottom.

And what are boxes? Just 10 ped mobs you don't need a gun or gear or skill points to open. Who is to say that wont come into play with the new loot2.0 rule set? MA has repeatedly told us it's not all been launched yet. Personally I think the level of investment players accounts that open the boxes should have an effect on what is and can be looted.

What if MA is planning to release a plethora of guns in the 100-110 dps range in the future as to not give any one or two weapons held by one or a group of individuals an advantage?

*gasps*

That's it 100%
Also what Rave said holds strong for me too. Skills can be very hard to sell. Gear has lost value. And now, you can loot good items from opening boxes or crafting with TT stuff. Looses incentive to skill for me.

That plus what Valentin said is my experience. I love the game, I know I won't profit (and don't set goal to), but If I spend X amount of dollars I hold a REASONABLE expectation that it will last X amount of time. I use the word expectation loosely, it's more like my X dollars should justify X amount of time, and my experience doesn't show that. It lasts few hours - days if I choose to play 1-2 hours a day. I'd like to play 3 hours a day, do some cool /challanging fun things, go to other planets, different professions. That can happen if I spend 2x as much as I am willing, so therefore I pay 2x more for half the fun. That's just my experience. The data, the gear setup, the choices I make are somewhat not important. I'm talking from a 6+ year "vet" who has spent thousands. It's meaningless, to play I just have to spend thousands more but with no light at the end of that tunnel - just more of the same. I"m a long term paying customer and I don't like my experience for what I pay anymore - bottom line.

I had fun some during migration and did some shared loot mobs, so that is my real answer = play like 2 - 3 times a year and really that's not what i prefer.

I get near the same experiance, after more as 11 years of play. Sad to say this, but it is the main reason, why i play so much less.

Looks to me you had fun, no need to bring the part where you lost money.
Don't mix business with pleasure.If you chase both you probably lose twice and if you add getting information from friends that play the game poorly (aka online friends you hang around) and you lose even more.
There's a reason I keep telling the same thing over and over and people don't get shit out of it.
You can only lose in EU when you stop shooting.

I didn't say I didn't have fun - I have had a lot of fun in PE/EU with the folks I've met. Plenty of team shooting on the Skype/Discord, joking around, having some beers, etc. However, there was plenty of time I spent focusing on playing and trying to become as efficient as possible. In the end, I have lost a lot of money (could have a nice, new sports car :laugh:). If I look at all the fantastic times I've had in RL at the bars with friends, those nights were cheap in comparison :D

yea exactly. lots of mobs are just tt everything except the shrapnel. so why not take all shrapnel and convert it. 98% expected long term return wotn be enough but theres still a lot of variance. and for skilling up its not too bad
That describes the hunting habits I've developed since loot2 (well except the materials I craft into other things most of which I then TT). The reason? Auction fees.

I didn't say I didn't have fun - I have had a lot of fun in PE/EU with the folks I've met. Plenty of team shooting on the Skype/Discord, joking around, having some beers, etc. However, there was plenty of time I spent focusing on playing and trying to become as efficient as possible. In the end, I have lost a lot of money (could have a nice, new sports car :laugh:). If I look at all the fantastic times I've had in RL at the bars with friends, those nights were cheap in comparison :D
EU = Reality Lite? Diet Reality? Decaf Socialization? All the calories 1/10 the cash? :beerchug:

I must admit, the entropia community is what had kept me around. Why don't we all pick a new game and migrate there; I'll even come too cos everyone needs a resident cvnt :girl:

I must admit, the entropia community is what had kept me around. Why don't we all pick a new game and migrate there; I'll even come too cos everyone needs a resident cvnt :girl:

The reason we haven't all migrated to a new game is because we are all masochists who prefer the pain inflicted by EU and haven't found a relevant substitute :laugh:

EU = Reality Lite? Diet Reality? Decaf Socialization? All the calories 1/10 the cash? :beerchug:

No, EU is 10x the price :laugh:

That describes the hunting habits I've developed since loot2 (well except the materials I craft into other things most of which I then TT). The reason? Auction fees.

One thing I have noticed about my high efficiency weapon is that I get quite a bit of mu items with it. Sometimes I would prefer to get shrap just because its easier and I am lazy and hate selling stuff, but its decent for someone who has a bank roll and likes stacking and selling, which I have done for the higher mu kinds of stuff with some success.

One thing I have noticed about my high efficiency weapon is that I get quite a bit of mu items with it. Sometimes I would prefer to get shrap just because its easier and I am lazy and hate selling stuff, but its decent for someone who has a bank roll and likes stacking and selling, which I have done for the higher mu kinds of stuff with some success.
Yes well, my setup's efficiency would improve noticeably if I could log in to farm a couple of specific items... downloading EU fresh as I type this, crossing all fingers. Hope it runs well enough on my substandard hardware to at least chat.

I'm all ears :girl: well except when I'm all thumbs. But yes, this community is also the main reason I stay. Secondary reason is because this is what I'm familiar with. As far as migrations tho.... they're in progress, we just don't usually talk about other games on this forum :laugh: ... like migrating from MyFacePlace to a viable social media. Etc. I think this forum has a section for that topic though.

The reason we haven't all migrated to a new game is because we are all masochists who prefer the pain inflicted by EU and haven't found a relevant substitute :laugh:
For me, that reason is mostly just that this game is what I know... I experienced the pain, dealt with the learning curve, and enjoy putting all that mostly-useless data to something resembling use. In retrospect it's "Oops, that was not the best idea I've ever had... but... now that I've gotten all comfortable, I wanna enjoy my stay here". Not productive by a long shot, but fun. I look around the room at the other gamers immersed in Gauntlet or CS:GO and by comparison I kind of like being in EU. Although CS:GO has its charms.

No, EU is 10x the price :laugh:
:rolleyes:

What if MA is planning to release a plethora of guns in the 100-110 dps range in the future as to not give any one or two weapons held by one or a group of individuals an advantage?

*gasps*

Yep, new UL armatrix series. Better then modmercs, imks, xtlcs.

They will drop from lootboxes.

Future is now!

With enough "skills" you can still make a profit for sure.
But these aren't the green-line-skills most are talking about. ;)

The entropia universe as a whole still offers plenty of opportunities to profit if you're a real entrepreneur and are "skilled" in the game.
And mindless grinding isn't being entrepreneur. :wise:

I was only talking about hunting. And I agree there are ways to make money like you say but that has nothing to do with what I am talking about. And I think hunting was the OP's original point.

*gasps*

I thought that had been done basically. Lot of new weapons with great stats about a year or so ago.

Last edited:
Hello, Imo OP complaint is rubbish and invalid. If by skills he means the skill to pvp and stuff like that it means he has not been playing the right game after all these years in entropia. If he means skills as in gaining entropia skills and only ubers should only get certain loot after grinding for xxx amount of time, spending xxx amount of money where i spent 5 years of my life in entropia, depositing 100k usd and expect only these people to get the best things in return the game might as well abolish ATH and advertising for new players because few new players would ever want to pay money into a game where the best loot goes to only a certain group of elite people :)

Would you as a new player, want to spend 10 ped into a game knowing that you will only get 1 ped back because the system only designs people who spend 100k peds are the only ones to profit in this game? i know i don't and i am glad anybody could win the best weapon in this game. This means that entropia is heading towards the right direction :)

Furthermore, it doesn't mean just about anyone would win the best weapon in the game. You put in more effort, your chance to win goes up. Working as intended to me imo :).

Last edited:
Back