Suggestion : the creation of a new Forum/forums reserved to all complaints about the Game.

bigPaul

Dominant
Paul Ray Spinn
Hi :)

as the title says,

I would suggest the Moderators to create a new Forum/s reserved to all complaints regarding Game dynamics, Tech/lag issues, etc.

So anytime someone starts a thread about these arguments, it will be moved by Moderators into this new Forum/s (there could be a forum reserved to those complaining about loots, and another forum reserved for complaints on technical issues, including lag : since these 2 categories are by far the main targets of all complaints currently expressed. And also a 3rd forum for other complaints).

In these way the related discussion will be placed in the proper place, while currently all threads made by unsatisfied players pop up chaotically , here and there.

"You have something that you hate about the game ?" , "You want to leave the game because of... ? " , "You feel 'ripped off' ? " :

OK, there will be a dedicated place , while the other sections will continue clean and more ordered :)

Paul

Last edited:
We have this already, pay attention

Sub-Forums: Technical, Security, Suggestions/WishList, Bug Reports

We have this already, pay attention

Sub-Forums: Technical, Security, Suggestions/WishList, Bug Reports

Yes, sure :) : some threads should be moved by Moderators into those dedicated sections.

But in my previous message I was mostly referring to the fact that, here and there in many other Forum sections, there are threads made by "angry/unsatisfied" players, that are just little or not constructive at all .

I would like to create a new Forum/forums just for those "angry threads".

i like the idea. :thumbup:
sometimes i am ranting, too.
so if i feel the urge to do so, then i can go to the "rant" subcategory and vent off a little.

and as long as i am happy/pleased/at least not pissed, i can hide the "rant" subcategory and dont get my gaming poisoned.

let us be constructive and call the category "constructive critics".

An interesting update from the NEW 2018 Terms of Use of Entropia Universe

A VERY interesting update from the NEW 2018 Terms of Use of Entropia Universe

2018-05-25
Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU)

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct

[...]

THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE account RULES OF CONDUCT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS:

a. [...]

b. You may not take any action, post, communicate, upload or otherwise use any content to threaten, harass, cause grief or distress to any of MindArk’s employees or agents or MindArk’s affiliate’s employees or agents in or outside the Entropia Universe, including, but not limited to, IRC channels or public web forums .

c. [...]

d. You may not take any action, post, communicate, upload or otherwise use any content, including text, images and sounds, that MindArk, at its sole and absolute discretion determines to be sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually offensive, hateful, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, harassing or threatening to another person or organization or otherwise objectionable. This includes communications in the Entropia Universe and in any other website or FORUM with connection to the Entropia Universe.

e. [...]

f. You may not use the Entropia Universe, including the Entropia Universe System, the Entropia Universe website or Forum to commit, attempt to commit, support or communicate about any illegal activity and/or infringe any local, national or international laws or regulation intentionally or unintentionally, including without limitation, copyright, trademark or other proprietary right infringement, invasion of privacy, fraud, contrabands, narcotics, defamation, harassment, hacking or other cyber-crime.

g. [...]

h. [...]

i. [...]

j. [...]

k. You may not spread any rumors, false or inaccurate information about MindArk, the Entropia Universe or MindArk’s Partners, associates, staff or affiliates, which MindArk consider, at MindArk’s sole discretion, to be potentially damaging, by using the Entropia Universe, IRC (chats) or any other public forums in any media, now known or not currently known, including but not limited to a web site .

l. [...]

m. [...]

n. [...]

o. [...]

You are solely responsible for any information that You publish and/or provide to MindArk or to another Entropia Universe Participant in any communication medium, in or outside Entropia Universe, including without limitation, in public message forum, bulletin boards and IRC (chats).

[...]

All and any behavior, utterance or action in the Entropia Universe or in any of MindArk’s forum or website that MindArk, at it sole and absolute discretion, FIND TO be a violation of the Rules of Conduct could result in the Account being Banned or Terminated WITHOUT ANY CLAIMS WHATSOEVER.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This means that the content posted in these forums by some Users, if deemed damaging/defamatory towards MindArk, will lead to the ban of the account of the related Users/Players.

I guess that also the policy of the Moderators of these Forums will adapt to these new Game rules released by MindArk...

Paul

some are used to such regulations by their government, depending which state they live in.
for those players such regulations may seem just, since they maybe just dont know it different.

usually only those in a weak legal or moral position have to formulate such strict rules to keep an upper hand.
i find it is sad that Mindark feels to be in such a position.

personally, i am lucky to know it different and therefor i do think that -beside the right of a company to formulate rules of conduct- the strictness of those passages marked red is treason to the ideals of free speech of the european union, where Mindark comes from and resides in.

PE is also aviable to countries with weaker civil rights. i would endorse MA to transport some ideals they (hopefully) stand for. MA dont need to, but MA could.

be a positive example.
respect players.
respect cutomers.
respect ideals.
and players: be constructive, if you have something to say.

All of the sections you marked in red have been part of the Entropia Universe Tou/EULA for many years, they are not new.

actually there is a forum where you can bitch as much as you want, but i think the problem is the same as calypso vs. MA's partner planets, some people just don't bother to even check it out.

and honestly, i'd prefer if there wouldn't be any reasons to bitch about at all. sad story is that mindark creates new reasons faster than people can finish bitching about old ones, and additionally they seem to listen as much as my empty bottle of beer. so, how in hell could we ever stop to complain?

this universe is drama by design, and it's not a technical issue, i'm afraid. rather seems like their code of conduct... ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This means that the content posted in these forums by some Users, if deemed damaging/defamatory towards MindArk, will lead to the ban of the account of the related Users/Players.

I guess that also the policy of the Moderators of these Forums will adapt to these new Game rules released by MindArk...

Paul

even more reason not to use this forum in the future

Back