After a VERY extended break...

Mia

Guardian
Mickanya Mia Swift
Hey everyone, I have decided to come back after almost a decade of not playing... that being said, I still have my old account :yay: I am super happy about that, but out of curiosity what are the major changes? in Gear/Hunting , crafting and mining?

Is CND still good for mining and what about the equipment?

I am in the process of getting set up with a PC to use...

any tips/pointers would be great!!

Also I Have full Ghost, Gremlin and Vigilante and 4C, 5B and 6A plates... is this gear still relevant?

Last edited:
welcome back.
Amazing lucky that you still have stuff.
You must have been a good depositor & MA must have taken a long term view & hoped that eventually....
It will be like playing a new game for you I think

welcome back.
Amazing lucky that you still have stuff.
You must have been a good depositor & MA must have taken a long term view & hoped that eventually....
It will be like playing a new game for you I think

Why do you say that I’m lucky?

Your account should have long ago been deleted is why your lucky.

I use adjusted pixie and gremlin for hunting, unplated/5b/4c and I am doing fine. So your armor should be ok.

And welcome back!

Your account should have long ago been deleted is why your lucky.

Hmm... maybe because I was using gold card? I don’t know... well I’m glad I don’t have to start over ??

Wb

A decade.....so many things have change :rolleyes:

Luckly you seam to have some gear still, maybe skills as well :)

Reactions: Mia
Hmm... maybe because I was using gold card? I don’t know... well I’m glad I don’t have to start over ����

Yea glad you got to keep it ;), mine was deleted that I signed up with in 2006 or so, so I had to start over in 2012.
But I didn't really have anything lol.

I think, since you were gone for so long, you hadn't had a chance to agree to one of the many, many, many iterations of the EULA that would have wiped your account. Just make sure you catch up on the EULA, in case you decide on another break after you are done with the mounds of changes since 10 years ago :laugh:.

Hey everyone, I have decided to come back after almost a decade of not playing... that being said, I still have my old account :yay: I am super happy about that, but out of curiosity what are the major changes? in Gear/Hunting , crafting and mining?

Also I Have full Ghost, Gremlin and Vigilante and 4C, 5B and 6A plates... is this gear still relevant?

CND is 'meh' for mining these days. Better to just do it planetside.

All your gear is absolutey relevant.

Biggest changes is that armor decay is about 5x less, "no loot" was taken out and all creatures give roughly 50% of cost back per kill. The system also reimburses you based on kill cost so having the most eco gear in the game doesn't automatically make you win, though it still does play a small part.

Welcome back. :)

Two not-too-out-of-date changes that have a pretty big effect:
- TT weaponry is pretty sweet now
- Armor now decays relative to amount of damage taken, rather than having any "minimum decay per hit"
(that last change means not only that armor is always a good thing now, but also that its most important stat is its Durability rating, which means that now armors tend to do more good than plates, the reverse of what we got used to).

Me, I'm a chronic solo hunter with a small budget. From my perspective I can strongly recommend TT weapons with top-eco amps on them (or any of a handful of non-TT guns), high-Durability armor, and pretty much any old fap (to avoid overusing, because for the most part armor's more eco).

Don't know how long you've been gone, but Space is pretty much boredom central with the occasional camper. But all the planets are oh so worth it.

You can craft from your phone now.

Welcome back, and cheers,
Medb :beerchug:

[EDIT]: Forgot to mention that plates also tend to be more eco than fapping, though plate dura tends to be lower than that of decent armors. And yes, the gear you mentioned is still great stuff.

TT return stays at the same average now regardless what eco your setup is. But better eco is rewarded with better average rarity of your loots, or some system vaguely like that. It's still a competition to kill more efficiently than the next hunter, but in much less vague terms, that efficiency is now reflected in loot quality rather than loot quantity.

I should also mention entropedia moved to entropiawiki; its Weapon Compare v2 is sweet; and check out the dpp of Ozpyn Chon with a101 on it, also TT pistol with ZX Sinkadus (the amp from the gold pack) on it. There are plenty of other guns in that eco neighborhood, but those two are the combinations I'm more familiar with.

Last edited:
Welcome back! :)

Funny how every one mentions the last few changes. 10 years is alot. I mean: did we even had SIB back then? There is much more to learn. Or with the words of a small green man: You must unlearn what you have learned :D

Check ingame for someone who can help you out with everything. Like a mentor. Acutally just take a mentor again. Even if you did it back then you can redo it again. There is a nice reward on finishing this as well.

Hi and welcome back my former Addicted Fruitcake!:shower: Those were the times!!!:DD

I know you loved those 101 amp hofs...lol but then again who didn`t!?:D This field aint changed much, It is still one of the fastest ways to drain the peds, these days the main gambling useless item to craft are explosive projectiles..., lately a bit more variety on the hof table thou. Stay away from them, I dont want to see you go bitter right on start... I could be wrong thou, and there is an ATH waiting for you.

There are vehicles ingame now, but I already told you this... Get at least a flying whatnot... and refined oil, some 5ped- 10ped of oil will last a long time;-) for space travel you gotta attach a space thruster to your quad or w/e. Beware of the annoying pirates, they can loot your stackables, carry dung for that occasion, im sure they love it. For serious transport of ores, you should use the mothership service, look up the timetable of departures here in forums somewhere...

There are also a ton of new items ofc. Many from other planets, and yes, Calypso+CP+FOMA(former CND) is still the best imo, marketwise and in general more alive than the rest.

Regarding mobs, plenty of new creatures, there are young araneatroxes now also for example, wich are killable for a low-medium player, check them out..lol I think in the times you played there were only big ones...

Looking forward to team up with ya and check out some mobs:headbang:

Cheers!
Robo

Always nice to see returning players.

I'd start off by doing all the quests, get back into the rhythm of things.

Welcome back!

The most important thing is to mention - there is no Hadesheim city :(

Goodluck exploring a whole new Universe!

10 years??!?!?!

holy hell... well.... goodluck to you lol

the vigi + 6a will be a bread-and-butter markup farming setup... trooper, legionnaire, warriors, etc...

ghost is still good for bigger mobs without spending thousands for armor.. but a ton has changed lol

Maybe she logged in every now and then and kept her account active? :scratch2:

Nope, I threw out my gold card and have not logged in since 2008 lol

Last edited:
*blink*
Holy shit! :yay::yay::yay:
Welcome back! :)

You still play?? ;) I am curious as to how many I know from "back in the day" still play :laugh:

Two not-too-out-of-date changes that have a pretty big effect:
- TT weaponry is pretty sweet now
- Armor now decays relative to amount of damage taken, rather than having any "minimum decay per hit"
(that last change means not only that armor is always a good thing now, but also that its most important stat is its Durability rating, which means that now armors tend to do more good than plates, the reverse of what we got used to).

Me, I'm a chronic solo hunter with a small budget. From my perspective I can strongly recommend TT weapons with top-eco amps on them (or any of a handful of non-TT guns), high-Durability armor, and pretty much any old fap (to avoid overusing, because for the most part armor's more eco).

Don't know how long you've been gone, but Space is pretty much boredom central with the occasional camper. But all the planets are oh so worth it.

You can craft from your phone now.

Welcome back, and cheers,
Medb :beerchug:

[EDIT]: Forgot to mention that plates also tend to be more eco than fapping, though plate dura tends to be lower than that of decent armors. And yes, the gear you mentioned is still great stuff.

TT return stays at the same average now regardless what eco your setup is. But better eco is rewarded with better average rarity of your loots, or some system vaguely like that. It's still a competition to kill more efficiently than the next hunter, but in much less vague terms, that efficiency is now reflected in loot quality rather than loot quantity.

I should also mention entropedia moved to entropiawiki; its Weapon Compare v2 is sweet; and check out the dpp of Ozpyn Chon with a101 on it, also TT pistol with ZX Sinkadus (the amp from the gold pack) on it. There are plenty of other guns in that eco neighborhood, but those two are the combinations I'm more familiar with.

A couple questions:

Craft with my phone? How? Where do I go to find info on this??

Plates Vs fapping? you mean amour plates? or is there something new? AHHH So much new stuff

Is the Justifier MK II still a decent weapon?

Also Back

Haa, welcome back :) as it turns out, I've also decided to return. Not sure if anyone will remember me, but I've been in the game since 2005, played actively until 2015 or so, and haven't logged in for at least two years, even more.

As for account access -- my account is still live after 2+ years away. In my case, I managed to lose my GC, but support peeps are being super-nice and are helping out with that :)

Haa, welcome back :) as it turns out, I've also decided to return. Not sure if anyone will remember me, but I've been in the game since 2005, played actively until 2015 or so, and haven't logged in for at least two years, even more.

As for account access -- my account is still live after 2+ years away. In my case, I managed to lose my GC, but support peeps are being super-nice and are helping out with that :)

All I had to do was send support my photo ID ... they had my account back for me in a day :yay:

i do remember you Mia from CND, good miner and a good client , welcome back girl :)

i do remember you Mia from CND, good miner and a good client , welcome back girl :)

Thanks ;) I hope to be spamming with globals and hofs again soon ;):laugh: just need to get my bearings (should have seen me trying to walk last night) Bahaha

Craft with my phone? How? Where do I go to find info on this??
No idea. I can't be bothered to play by phone, and I can barely be bothered to craft. Probably somewhere on EU's main site. Better yet, get on LiveSupport chat there or pm any avatar named LiveSupport in-game, this question should be right up their alley. Auctions work over phone too, and then there is that phone game from MA named Compet.

Plates Vs fapping? you mean amour plates? or is there something new? AHHH So much new stuff
I made a gross generality there, but the Durability stat on armor and plates makes a nice eco (loot quality, not quantity) difference, and I've seen much nicer Durability on a lot of armors than on the usual favorite plates. For harder hitting stuff, the same plates are still the preferred stuff. And the bigger generality is that, with or without plates, a lot of armors are more efficient than any healing tool.

Yes. But only decent. I would much rather get much better damage per PEC. Kind of sad in a way, and kind of nice in other ways, that MA has progressively improved the eco of easy to get and use weapons over the years to the point that TT stuff can compete with Justy now. I'm a fan of a101 and/or ZX Sinkadus amps, and readily available guns.

The MKII is a nice carbine for intermediate-level hunting. I've had mine since before the time you went MIA, Mia. :) I'm surprised we've never crossed paths, I've been playing since late 2002, since before Gold, and I'm from just one province over--Alberta. I don't encounter many players from nearby places on here, which means I spend much of my time lone-wolfing. I'm part of a veterans' old-timers society but unfortunately, most of the time I'm the only one online.

As the others have said, a LOT has changed in 10 years; heck, I go on hiatuses every year and each time I come back, stuff has changed. But it only takes a few game sessions to get back the feel for things. Learning all the underlying stats and equipment details is another story, entirely. Now, you search for a gun or armor, and there's a BAZILLION options. It used to be just looted or crafted; looted were significantly better and much lower decay; crafted were much cheaper and much worse decay. Now it's exponentially more complex (sadly, IMHO). You need to spend more time comparing stats on freakin' EntropiaWiki to find out what works best for your particular avatar, what mobs your hunting, than actually spending that time shooting stuff. :dunce:

Anyway, don't let anyone convince you to sell your old-timer gear, it's quite valuable, even though it's not the most economical gear to use...and you'll never have to dump it into a TT when it wears out, because it's repairable!

Feel free to PM me in-game; I'm not on as often as I'd like but I will reply. At least we're almost in the same time-zone. :)

Hey! Welcome back!

I was also away from Entropia for a long time before 2017 and came back last Christmas.

Early this year I decided to go explore other planets and I'm so glad I did, there is so much to explore and so many new things to discover. All the instances on Arkadia and Rocktropia, the Maze on Cyrene, the Caves of Monria, Secret Island, Hell, Arkadia Underground... There so much to see!

Here's some other forums for some of these other worlds that would be helpful if you ever decide to go explore:

Monria:
http://www.monria.com/forum/articles/

Rocktropia:
https://forum.neverdie.com/

Cyrene:
http://cyreneforum.com/

Arkadia:
http://arkadiaforum.com/

There is also Toulan, Ancient Greece, Next Island... Not sure if they have forums for those or not, someone can provide a link if they do.

If you are a miner by profession, you may want to go mining in Hell, Monria and Arkadia Underground, which I believe are all 'indoor' mining locations.

Cheers o/

Legends

Back