Computer Help, Graphics.

Art Jennifer

Elite
Lady Jennifer Art
Yo,

I need some computer help, no idea what I am doing. Possibly time to purchase a completely new on? who knows..

I am trying to play the new Call of Duty and can't run it as my graphics are too low. Can anyone help me work out what graphics card I can get with my current system. Was aiming just to swap it out...

What I have:

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7660D
Processor: AMD A10-5800k APU with Radeom (tm) HD Graphics (4cpus), ~3.8Ghz
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
8gb Ram

Call of duty II
Minimum requirements:

Processor: CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 3225 3.3 GHz or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or ATI® Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB / AMD RX 550
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 90 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Last edited:
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Processor: CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 3225 3.3 GHz or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or ATI® Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB / AMD RX 550
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 90 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

to last new CoD based on steam page

Just get a gtx 1050 or 1060 and you should be ok. Some more RAM wouldn't hurt.

Always check what PSU you have before you buy a new graphics card. :wise:

Also worth checking the dimensions of new graphic card.

Always check what PSU you have before you buy a new graphics card. :wise:

Also worth checking the dimensions of new graphic card.

Not only that. There is more to check. Mainboard/PCIE II or III/Ram/And maybe also CPU. everything need to work well together.

You processor is not very old, but you don't have a discrete gpu. An integrated one (within the CPU) like yours is not really designed for gaming.

Check your PSU, anything above 450W or so is enough. Once you are sure of that you can buy a GPU, which one will depend on your budget but for your system I wouldn't buy anything over a GTX 1050ti. Bigger GPUs will be bottlenecked by the CPU and also put more strain on your PSU (which I suppose is not that great).

If you don't know what PSU you have open your computer case and look for a big metallic box, usually at the bottom with a lot of cables coming out. Look for a sticker with a lot of numbers, one of the big ones should be the power rating (in watts).

If you want to start over with a new system I can offer advice, feel free to PM me.

Good luck :)

depending on your budget and wait until black friday and buy a pre-build...usually there are a few offers that you can't even match of you built it yourself...but only if you're looking to spend 1000-1300E (could be cheaper where you are).
Currently no low-lowmid builds are worth the money, you'll spend 500-800E getting a computer that's 25% of a 1000E one

if that's not an option then I'd still wait for BF since components arn't cheap anymore and especially older gpus

Power Supply is
230v
500w

Thanks for the help, going to read through these in more detail.. I am starting to realise I am probably out of my dpeth adding a new on in. As when I opened my PC up, I can't even find where the graphics card is....

Display port (roughly where pictures tell me video cards should be is empty..) there is two little strip things in the dual graphics slots so i assume it this there :S

oh god.

Take a picture if you want and I'll highlight the important parts, but as I said you can't find the graphics card because you don't have one. You are using the integrated one that is part of your CPU :)

Power Supply is
Thanks for the help, going to read through these in more detail.. I am starting to realise I am probably out of my dpeth adding a new on in. As when I opened my PC up, I can't even find where the graphics card is....

Display port (roughly where pictures tell me video cards should be is empty..) there is two little strip things in the dual graphics slots so i assume it this there :S

oh god.

The metal strips held in by screws can be removed if that's what you mean, it's just a safety measure for dust. Likewise there could be plastic strips protecting the slot itself which you can easily just pop out. You aren't out of your depth - the first time can feel intimidating but I'm sure once you grasp the basics by watching a video or whatever it's quite simple.

As someone mentioned here a great entry level card is the GTX 1050. Relatively cheap and requires very little from your PC to function correctly. I'd opt for the 4gb version if at all possible, very little extra cost for performance.

Size shouldn't be too much of an issue, you can get these cards in compact sizes. The only thing that comes to mind is between the different models - some may require a secondary power source such as a 6 pin connecter from your power supply. If it's a pre-built PC it may not have extra cables.

If in doubt you can always just bring it to the shop with you and I'm sure someone would be more than happy to let you know what would work and even install it for you at no cost.

One of my favorite review sites just posted their review on this game.
Check it out here.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/call-of-duty-ww2-pc-graphics-analysis-benchmark-review,1.html

On the last page they give what they recommend for optimal performance. Biggest thing is that it looks like even at 1080P resolution it uses almost 7 Gig of system RAM. I think that the game is really optimezed to utilize DDR4 now and if I remember your CPU specs then your system (like mine) uses DDR3 still. Might be time to upgrade to a Ryzen series setup. Not too bad on price but not the cheapest still. Motherboard, ryzen 5 cpu, and 16 gig of RAM should run about $400USD and upgrade to a Nvidia GTX1050Ti about another $160USD.

the thing about 1050ti though is that it's only about the same as a 970m and on black friday a 1060 (which is miles better) will cost the same

or if you need one now it'll be 80-100E more....

I run mine with a 1050ti and 8gb ddr4. running on ultra is no problem. even though i have a cheapo Intel G4400 as a cpu.

I run mine with a 1050ti and 8gb ddr4. running on ultra is no problem. even though i have a cheapo Intel G4400 as a cpu.

EU don't need a super high level grafic card.
I can have eu in highest possible settings run to same time, i have unreal engine editor open and work on a game. Also i can have more open like gimp with large images, and blender 3d modelling tool. Everithing to same time, without getting low FPS. I have 2 1920 x 1080 screens running too. All this with ATI R9 380, what is a older card now. CPU is Xeon E3 and mainboard is Asus Z9 Killer.

Everything is depending what you want do with your system. For only play EU, you can do this with a cheaper setup.

Last edited:
i recently bought a 4GB radeon polaris RX560 which doesn't even need additional power connectors and it works just as fine as the better ones. paid 110€. can't mine cryptos while playing, but you can't have everything, can you? :ahh:

I wasn't talking about EU.
Call of duty doesn't require a heavy graphics card. You just need plenty DDR4.

My part list
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Kaigas/saved/#view=zpwpbv

Just a budget PC so my gf can play her Wow without any problems.

I add also ,that i develope a game with unreal editor to same time EU is runing. The unreal editor is realy resource hungry, for ram, gpu and cpu.

"you just need plenty DDR4" Thats always a good idea, to have much of ram and also video ram on CC.

Back