Space Combo

antonioliveira

Prowler
Society
Utopia
Aleph Levi Benzait
I've been entertaining the prospect of buying a spaceship (privateer or mothership) along with a hangar and an ul space thruster.

I know there can be huge price gaps depending on the SI, and the privateer/mothership differences, nevertheless I'd like to know what you think a fair price would be for such a deal:
  • Spaceship (privateer or mothership)
  • Hangar
  • Space thruster (UL)

No answers for now :(

Time for a :bump:

The lack of answers may be because this question has no simple answer. I will attempt to shed some light..

I am a little confused as to the need for a hangar. The use of a hangar for pseudo spaceship rides pre-dates space as we currently have it, and they no longer have a use in regards to space as it currently operates. Though great as a large apartment complete with own storage and crafting machines.

Warp capable ships such as Pathfinders/starfinders aka privateers as well as Motherships are unable to re-enter planetary atmosphere and dock at spacestations instead. From there you can TP to planet (7ped) or fly down through pvp space with the risks that entails in regard to pirates. Note TP is one way space> planet except at Monria.
To get back to space and to your ship you will therefore need to use a quad-wing or sliepnir fitted with a space thruster (L or UL)

I would suggest you check the maths on a UL (which still needs repair by the way as does decay), as you may find it as cheap or cheaper to us Thruster(L), depending on frequency of use.

As for price, that for the ships is very variable and relates to the SI (Structural Integrity). A few low SI ships still exist and one sold recently for around 38K, and the price rises from there to well over 100kped depending on how much previous owner(s) invested in increasing SI (Ships defence or health bar). You should also check if the sale includes various engineering devices, or if these are to be purchased separately. Remember all warp drives for privateers and Motherships are (L) a full TT one gives only 50 uses.

There is now ofc another option for warp speed travel which is the equus or firebird. These are warp capable quads (red or black and red) with the ability to go direct to planet, but they have weight restriction. If overweight you may not be able to warp. They do however have UL thruster and UL warp drive (ie both are repairable, as they do ofc decay with use)

Before undertaking a capital expenditure such as this I suggest you spend time researching the market including looking at the various options in regard to use (personal only, taxi, scheduled service, space hunting etc), as well as prices of recent sales (check sales threads on PCF and Arkadiaforum as well as AH) and also chat to some current owners to get an understanding of the time/costs involved in operation. Space can be fun, it can, with work, make you some profit, we hope and dream new content will increase the fun and interest in space. So don't let this put you off, just make sure you understand not only prices but also what you need and what you intend to use it for before you part with your hard earned ped.
They cannot have defence upgraded either, so faster than a normal quad, but essentially same defence capabilities.

This is by no means a definitive or even complete answer but I hope it gives some food for thought.

GL in your search

Back