Multiple Pet's Spawned, longer names for them as well

Erastothenes

Guardian
Society
Shaolin
John Erastothenes Bluetail
How about making it possible to have multiple pet's spawned at the same time? Let's say skill/profession-based: Higher skills = able to spawn more pets simultaneously.

Another thought: Those Stables... how about being able to "park" pet's in them at a fee (revenue maybe split between MA and whomever owns a stable), and for that fee the pet will level up slowly. More slow than when spawned and doing tricks, but still some progress.

I'd like to be able to give pet's longer names. WAY longer names. Like "Hey I'm Bob and Boring" or whatever :)

cheers all, eras

should do wonders for the current lag problems :)

How about making it possible to have multiple pet's spawned at the same time? Let's say skill/profession-based: Higher skills = able to spawn more pets simultaneously.

This is how it was when they first introduced pets.
If my memory serves me right you could spawn up to 3 pets depending on skill.

The only way I want to see multiple pets spawned by the same avatar is if they create a action sequences that allows me to slowly skin them alive as the avatar that spawns them collapses on the ground crying.

MA could start selling coats in the item store. All cotton of course.

The only way I want to see multiple pets spawned by the same avatar is if they create a action sequences that allows me to slowly skin them alive as the avatar that spawns them collapses on the ground crying.

Typical Troll post from You

A gym for offline pet training is in compets... perhaps that's the next end of the year sale Mindark could do? They got their cash on the stables already, so why not? They made the hangars obsolete by selling motherships, so it'd follow their trend.

Described as a typical troll post - but very funny :yay::yay:

But true, they can become a nuisance at times. Especially in crowded places it is very inconsiderate. Implement checks against lag and noise pollution. Otherwise I'll petition for being able to sicc my Atrox on your yapping fleabag.

Or letting creatures controlled by a capsule attack pets. (Picture a Fury Hound chasing Kitties)

It might be technically easier as cost is already implemented.

Typical Troll post from You

Wasnt a troll...

Have you tried shared loot anything with a hundred pets messing up lag? Getting in the way? 1 pet per person is enough.

I was fine with the other ideas the OP had.

If you want to park lame pets in a lame stable so they level their lame levels for their lame owners, that is fine with me.

That last part WAS a troll.

I would like to see pet tools, like claim extractor tool, heal tool, weapon tool. Then the pets would need to have a reached level to unlook mining help, heal help, hunt help.

The tools work like regular mining tool or weapopn, or fap, and also cost ammo decay and all this. So you can equipe a pet with a pet weapon, and then it fight for you. Or you get a healer pet, about it is using a pet fap. Same for Mining pet. the extractor tool just extract the claims, the player find.

That way the pets would be some thing special to have. At moment they only eat fruits.

I would like to see pet tools, like claim extractor tool, heal tool, weapon tool. Then the pets would need to have a reached level to unlook mining help, heal help, hunt help.

The tools work like regular mining tool or weapopn, or fap, and also cost ammo decay and all this. So you can equipe a pet with a pet weapon, and then it fight for you. Or you get a healer pet, about it is using a pet fap. Same for Mining pet. the extractor tool just extract the claims, the player find.

That way the pets would be some thing special to have. At moment they only eat fruits.
I love it. Oratan Miner could extract your claim, that pet robot from Rocktropia could do your crafting (producing a higher proportion of residues than normal in results), and Rover could distract opponents in pvp by chewing, etc on their shoes. Nusul could kiss the owies and make them better. Leprechauns could make random items go missing from nearby inventories for a couple hours. Not real sure what Me Watch Juan and Light Tongue Pie would do.

Not real sure what Me Watch Juan and Light Tongue Pie would do.

not much I guess since panda's are such lame ass creatures!

I still think team or area affect auras with each animal type doing a doing a different type of buff could be interesting.. Kinda like the Palladin from Diablo, or the buff aura type from any other number of mmos.

I love it. Oratan Miner could extract your claim, that pet robot from Rocktropia could do your crafting (producing a higher proportion of residues than normal in results), and Rover could distract opponents in pvp by chewing, etc on their shoes. Nusul could kiss the owies and make them better. Leprechauns could make random items go missing from nearby inventories for a couple hours. Not real sure what Me Watch Juan and Light Tongue Pie would do.

Cheers :) (you must spread some...)

Dogs could mark harvestable trees for you... in the way dogs do, hehe. Combibo (which sounds like a pig) could be like real truffle pigs and sniff out mining spots for you, paying its consumption for a guarantee you don't get nrf but at least something, akin to the abolished hunting no-looters. Common Atrox will run, attack and tag mobs for you to finish, with a feature to train it on specific species/maturities you want to fish out of a mixed spawn. Again you pay its consumption for the advantage. The pandas could have mindforce effect, increase your concentration or telepathy or work as a small mf amp or something. Chirin Dragon with its flame a damage helper like a reversed lifesteal effect. Cats I dunno, I like them in RL but all they ever do is play cute. Catch mice? Maybe similar to the Atrox suggestion, but without targeting so it attracts a random bunch of mobs for you. More to cover, and maybe I find a role for Vixen after ingesting the chunk of protein before me... lunch time.

Let's hope some one on MA get also such cool ideas. They could make so many interesting and funny things with pets. It would need some worktime to code all this, but it would make pets usable. How we discussed, it is not free! the pets would cost for all this to have, but much better as the cheap buffs they have now, and most of the time they just eat bars.

I would love to have a pet, just extract all the claims on my mining way, instead to run back to the claim.

Maybe we need to write more such ideas, so MA listen to it?

Yup, getting fed and watered helps with them brain cells...

Vixen: They can be trained with a sentence (length of one line in chat), higher levels with several rotating messages (one more every 10 levels). They will advertise stuff you want to trade or whatever in your name on a selected channel. Again you pay for the convenience by their consumption, which in their case is already not frugal (how they don't get fat I always wonder). Interval for repetition is set by the system to a reasonable balance between information and nuisance (some traders spam to fill up your chat window the moment someone else posts something -- these are all on my ignore list by now). You can hang clothes on them like on a mannequin. Do away with this nonsensical ban. On planets with too many precious snowflakes being offended ty their beauty (i.e. all but Rocktropia), they may be required to cover up but don't count on the result being more decent than what they come with by default. The pertinent fashion styles already exist for longer than this pet and you can't prevent them from intruding your eyes. Grins.

maybe I find a role for Vixen after ingesting the chunk of protein before me... lunch time.
hmmm... vixens involved in the role of eating protein?...

You can hang clothes on them like on a mannequin.

From a walking mannequin, there's only one step to a walking shopkeeper. There might be a niche for those, e.g. serving events, incl. shared loot.

Back