Purpose of SIB?

toad

Stalker
Society
Deagleteam
Christer toad Johansson
I can not understand why the SIB and level requirement system is designed as it is.
Most items if not all can not be used before you max them because of really bad damage/heal intervals and low uses and therfore defeats the purpose of SIB as i can see it, so what is the SIB system even good for when nobody ever can use items with SIB?

I can not understand why the SIB and level requirement system is designed as it is.
Most items if not all can not be used before you max them because of really bad damage/heal intervals and low uses and therfore defeats the purpose of SIB as i can see it, so what is the SIB system even good for when nobody ever can use items with SIB?

good question :)

SIB = Skill Increase Bonus

Less eco for faster skilling, so if someone wants to reach a skilling goal very fast, using SIB is one way to do it, chipping in another.

Just matters what he/she likes more

Well you get skills faster using SIB, it is a trade off for the decreased damage or heal interval. When you hunt you are paid back TT value in loot as well as skills which can later be sold off.

Well you get skills faster using SIB, it is a trade off for the decreased damage or heal interval. When you hunt you are paid back TT value in loot as well as skills which can later be sold off.

Honestly I think this is a myth that you get compensated in the loot, I have sometimes tried using SIB weapon at start interval to see if I am somehow compensated but the results of even missing a few dmg points resulted in heavy losses.

Or mechanism for partially compensating dumb people with money in the form of skill instead of loot for bad returns with SIB weapons :yay:

It's a good question. I'd say the purpose is so that MA could introduce weapons maxed before level 100. There had to be some identifier for those weapons and this is what they came up with. The fact they would get an extra cut from anyone willing to use the SIBs before maxing them was of course a bonus.

From my experience, the SIB bonus is minimal and not worth the loss for speed of skilling.

I've always thought it was a way to encourage people to buy new stuff / go up a level when the sib had ended.

I have always thought that the SIB system is there to encourage us to go up the skill ladder and use bigger and bigger weapons, thats why i can not understand why it is so badly designed.

It's a good question. I'd say the purpose is so that MA could introduce weapons maxed before level 100. There had to be some identifier for those weapons and this is what they came up with. The fact they would get an extra cut from anyone willing to use the SIBs before maxing them was of course a bonus.

Exactly, but the bad design is stopping us from doing exactly that.

I've always thought it was a way to encourage people to buy new stuff / go up a level when the sib had ended.

Personally I think it was MA's attempt at getting people to stop using the oldschool UL guns that have the mechanics to allow for bigger multipliers pre 2.0. Those mechanics probably still somewhat exist on guns with 40-50% efficiency.

I never bought into it and went with oldschool un-eco when I returned with roughly 7k skills in 2010. I think it was a better decision to let decay boost my skills than to have SIB slightly boost for slower gain over the time spent. I seem to have surpassed a good majority of the player base by doing so at 100+ profs and 451k skills and climbing.

In summary I think SIB is not worth the time or effort trying to figure out where its optimal.

Or mechanism for partially compensating dumb people with money in the form of skill instead of loot for bad returns with SIB weapons :yay:
:wise: This. And/or impatient people with money. For skilling, though, I swear by maximizing number of uses per year.
SIB "Not Anymore", though, cancels one of the ways you can miss. Very pleasant.

When comparison shopping, I almost always ignore whether or not stuff has SIB, favoring DPP and uses as main stats of note. That said, the best stuff says "Not Anymore".

This is what I have always said, whenever I get a free bonus bluff for extra skill point, so happy but my loots turned from bad to suck.

Now we are in the era of buffs. Previously the era of SIB and L existed not many years ago... Many, many years ago we were in the era of 2x0s and high level amps on TT guns... The caroot is always dangling on the string, changing form as we go.

Back