Halloween Mayhem 2017 Results

You really need to learn to read. I never said the winner didnt have lag. I said MA ran an event knowing well that they were not able to provide a level playing field to all participants hence its a fraudulent event in my opinion. Its one thing when people bitch that ubers with best gear win. This is a totally different issue. People are not provided a fair playing field due to the fucked up servers(lag) any longer, doesnt matter the gear or place they took. :smash:

you say i cant read but you dont read either... i said: when you know the circumstances in that event (e.g. that lag might or might not be present) you fully agree to those circumstances when taking part. the lag was known way before the event so if you take part you agree to the risk of having lag while others might not have lag. as you know what you were getting into and still took part you fully agreed to this and thats the opposite of fraud...

all you do is being mad that you didnt place higher and now you try to say its all MAs fault and not your own. sounds like a bad loser to me.

you say i cant read but you dont read either... i said: when you know the circumstances in that event (e.g. that lag might or might not be present) you fully agree to those circumstances when taking part. the lag was known way before the event so if you take part you agree to the risk of having lag while others might not have lag. as you know what you were getting into and still took part you fully agreed to this and thats the opposite of fraud...

all you do is being mad that you didnt place higher and now you try to say its all MAs fault and not your own. sounds like a bad loser to me.

argumentum ad hominem, no valid argument.

---

"In law, fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right." Wikipedia

so the presence of lag in the event is certainly not fraud on ma's side. (ma doesn't care who wins the event (prize amounts are fixed no matter who wins them), and they certainly didn't give specific players more lag).

in fact, it's just negligence

"Negligence (Lat. negligentia)[1] is a failure to exercise the appropriate and or ethical ruled care expected to be exercised amongst specified circumstances."

namely negligence to provide a competition that is equally fair for all players. better luck next time I guess.

PS:
still my favourite event so far cause you could speculate on the value of stackable event-only items, namely the halloween boxes. more of that, please! but as always, events should be for ALL players, so ideally there should be a category 0 with monsters even noobs can kill. also, some non-tradeable cosmetic rewards for participating like a costume or a hat which you trade in the useless pumpkin tokens for after the event. you know, all the good stuff OTHER mmos have invented a long time ago.

Last edited:
What i am implying is. The advertisement of a Halloween Mayhem event as if it was a fair event for every participant. ...

:lolup:

events have and never will be a fair event for EVERY participant.

For the plain and simple fact that not all are equally rich to buy the stuff needed to win.

Lets be honest, events can only be won with money.

...and that has nothing to do with lag.

.. People are not provided a fair playing field due to the fucked up servers(lag) any longer, doesnt matter the gear or place they took. :smash:

no people are not provided a level playing field due to items and cash.

So if you cant beat them on items and cash, maybe you can beat them with lag!

Gratz to the winners :yay:

Well at least i'm here "48 participants each scored at least 10000 points and received a bonus reward of 200 PED of Universal of Ammo." :laugh:

its-something.jpg

Last edited:
So... This means there's around 250 active players?

Good times.

Good times.

so active players for you are only people that take part in calys events and that grind it long enough to receive one a bonus price? i guess im no active player then :/

Good times.

bad conclusion.

That means there's 250 active participants. Not active players as many didnt participate but do play.

so active players for you are only people that take part in calys events and that grind it long enough to receive one a bonus price? i guess im no active player then :/

bad conclusion.

That means there's 250 active participants. Not active players as many didnt participate but do play.

Yes, because people sitting around swunting punies doesn't contribute to MA's bottom line.

Even if you multiplied by 4, it's not exactly roses is it :tongue2:

Gz to the winners GG :yay:

I lost my ass off in that event, but atleast i got 50ped ammo bonus :p
But we cant all win everytime, so trying my luck on MM, and hopefully it will be better for me :)

Yes, because people sitting around swunting punies doesn't contribute to MA's bottom line.

lol, thats a very black and white vision of the playerbase.

So you either grind non stop in the event, or you swunt punies.

:laugh:

I looted 265 event boxes, finished the 30k point mission 3x, and only ended up with 3800 points. This mean i was sitting around swunting the entire event.. or some people just didn't get lucky with the pumpkin drops? I know a few people that were not pushing hard to win the event but just couldn't get the pumpkins to earn a bonus prize doesn't mean more people didn't compete.

Good times.

go try and farm 5000 pumpkin points in cat 1. I dare you :laugh:

out of touch much?!? I did the 30k killpoints (never hunted so much in my life!) and only got some hundred (?) pumpkin points.

(also my 2 biggest globals ever and an overall plus on the entire thing, which was very nice)

that also means that there are no crafter and miner only people? only hunter? while hunting has the slowest turnover of all 3 professions? you know that 1 big bankroll ep crafter does more turnover than 10 hunting ubers?

Hats off for this awesome avatars!
Many of my friends didnt manage to get 10k pumpkins so stop talking about 250 active players, thats just bull.
You can play hard in 40 hrs and dont have any luck in the pumpkins loot.

Gratz to the winners!!

Wondering how many of the Greater pumpkins they each looted. I only got one mutated (1k points) in my 13.6k points

The numbers look a bit bad.

Not because of few participants, just that so few bothered to try.
Seems an effect of the event being heavily gated.
When there's an event, why not make an event for everyone? :grouphug:

The knowledge that there is little point trying might be a factor?

Would be nice to see a breakdown on where pumpkins were looted and total looted. I never went into this trying to win anything; mostly for fun. Once I was in it I realized I would never be able to do much better than the 5k point threshold unless I was willing to spend most of my time in the cat 4 or 5 instance. In my case I was doing best as far as returns in the cat 3 level but looted the 500's and 1000 point pumpkins in cat 4 and 5. I never kept track of hours but I'd guess I was near 30 hours had 5204 points and in the end after all said and done was well over break even thanks to 2 1k+ loots and MU on boxes.

Deleted...…..

Last edited:
ill say it again. get more hp restricted instances and prices for each category, similar to ark events and we will see 200% more people participating

Good times.

I agree with Aio

The world population is around 7.6 billion people, quite a lot of those would have computers.

That's 7,600,000,000 with just 250 of those taking part in an event for a game over 10 years old.

Then you read the thread about players wanting to spawn more pets, and others complaining the game simply can't cope with the extra traffic. So if EU can't cope with more spawned pets, it can't cope with more spawned avatars..lol.

I'll love to hear some info on the new looted sword though.

I didn't enter the event myself, still waiting for MA to resolve the Compet deed situation.

Gratz to the winners

Rick

Buying EMpty skill implant 920%

bump it up right now

ill say it again. get more hp restricted instances and prices for each category, similar to ark events and we will see 200% more people participating

And then all of the same complaints from the years 200X turn up where everyone and their dog has an alt ;)

Completely agree with this but for that to work it's going to require some incredible oversight by MA, or a reworked version of it that can somehow hinder or make using alt's pointless.

But it's going to be the only viable way for an event to work pretty soon or you're going to have the same handful of people (as always) winning events with little to no chance for anyone else to participate.

My biggest issue is you can literally have all the time and money in the world, but if you don't have one of the handful of guns capable of competing you've already lost. This isn't a true competition, it's just who played Monopoly better.

And then all of the same complaints from the years 200X turn up where everyone and their dog has an alt ;)

its still better than what we have now. they have to invest peds into their alts to be able to compete (buying skills or whatever) and they have to decide what category to take part in. when there are 5 places paid per category then there is at least a chance to win anything in one of those and as the prices go down in value with each category the uber has to decide wether to try n "easily" grab one of the lower value prices or rather compete for the higher ones

I agree with Aio

The world population is around 7.6 billion people, quite a lot of those would have computers.

That's 7,600,000,000 with just 250 of those taking part in an event for a game over 10 years old.

Then you read the thread about players wanting to spawn more pets, and others complaining the game simply can't cope with the extra traffic. So if EU can't cope with more spawned pets, it can't cope with more spawned avatars..lol.

I'll love to hear some info on the new looted sword though.

I didn't enter the event myself, still waiting for MA to resolve the Compet deed situation.

Gratz to the winners

Rick

I consider myself active. With around 300k skillpoints I am not a puny Hunter either. I scored 3200 points. I bet there's more people like me.

I don't even bother because caly events are way out of my league.

Oh, and also because the lag was disgustingly bad.

Back