Captain_Lucky_Jack is now streaming live!

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Hey all,

My stream can be found here: www.twitch.tv/captain_lucky_jack/

Purpose
1. To provide continuous content on Twitch.tv to show the Entropia Universe to players of other games who may not have had exposure to it.
2. To provide entertaining content for the viewing pleasure of Entropian grinders, sweaters, miners, people who should be being productive while at work but are watching me stream anyways, and the sort to watch whenever they are bored.
3. To promote the Entropian community, with special consideration to Entropian streamers.

Stream Focus
My stream focuses mostly on team hunting mobs that are bigger than what I can efficiently solo. I will occasionally run "chill streams", doing every day activities (grinding, dailies, mining, taming, etc).

Content
I try to end every stream by hosting another EU streamer, giving preference to people who have a mic (and use it to interact with their audience), stream content similar to my own, and less-known EU streamers, pretty much in that order of precedence.

The Vodcast
When I'm not actively streaming I will VODCAST the better streams of the week. VODCASTs are re-runs of previous streams, and most of the time I am not live (therefor not interactive) during them. I run the VODCAST to maintain continuous Entropia related material being played for the Twitch community

The YouTube
I've ditched my YouTube channel, since I suck at video editing and YouTube has made it even more difficult (borderline impossible) to monetize a channel.

Thanks y'all.

Last edited:
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What's with the constant VODCAST?
A: When someone searches Entropia Universe on Twitch, I don't want them to ever find empty space. Ideally they will find someone streaming, but if they don't then at least they can find my VODCAST and see what Entropia Universe looks like, and hear us talking about it.

Q: Do you make a living off of streaming?
A: No, I stream as a hobby, and streaming has significantly improved my enjoyment of the game. Any income produced from the stream is recycled back into Entropia.

Q: Why don't you have a donate button?
A: I want my audience to be able to relax and enjoy their time watching my stream. I do not want them to feel pressured to support financially.

Q: Can we make contributions anyway?
A: If you wish to contribute financially to my stream you can cheer with bits, subscribe to the channel, or hunt on any of my Land Areas. I also accept donations (dung, E.L.M. weapons, etc) ingame, but I do not solicit these.

Q: What are bits?
A: Bits are a built in feature of twitch.tv which can be used to financially support a streamer. When you "cheer" with bits, it gives the streamer $0.01 for each bit cheered.

Q: How do you get bits?
A: You can either purchase bits with a credit card, or if you are based in the U.S. you can watch 30 second ads which award a random number of bits (between 5 and 100) at the end of each ad. These bits can then be used to cheer in the channel of any twitch affiliate.

Q: What is subscribing to a twitch channel?
A: Subscriptions are another built-in feature which allows you to financially support your streamer. You can either purchase a subscription with a credit card, or if you have Amazon Prime you can link your Amazon and Twitch accounts to get a free monthly subscription (which does not automatically renew) which you can bestow upon any twitch affiliated streamer.

Q: Why don't you do give-aways?
A: I want my audience to tune into my channel because they enjoy my content, and enjoy the company of others who tune into my channel. I do, however, give away pets when I am streaming a taming session.

Last edited:
Back