Help: Dual Cheap Armor vs Single Expensive Armor

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
Hiya, I currently own Ghost and Adj. Nemesis as well as Adj. Pixie. I also own both 5b and 6a plate sets. I recently came into a lot of ammo I need to burn via my box opening service so I am considering upgrading my weapon and going for bigger mobs to cycle it all into Ped.

Should I get some new armor such as Adj. Jaguar for hunting robots and maybe upgrading Ghost to Phantom, (Is there Unlimited necromancer because that is awesome armor) for my Impact heavy melee mobs.

Or would a single set such as Eon be a better choice as it has decent melee stats and awesome robot stats, as well as much higher durability for extra savings. And by owning only 1 set I can tier it faster than a dual set.

If I have chosen wrong sets are there better choices? Adj Boar perhaps?

I would really appreciate your feedback thanks!!

whats your HP and DPS ? you need to have a lot from both to justify eon .

My hp is 107 and I don't know what my dps is. I know that it would be a loss if I am standing there shooting something huge while it whacks at me for 5 minutes. I do intend to hunt mobs that I can kill reasonably fast. But the points is making the investment longterm, should I go for the single big and expensive and work on tiers, or 2 cheaper more specialized with less durability so more decay per dmg.

You dont make any investment here, you pay to play. If you enjoy the eon amor and its worth the money for you then buy it and keep shooting, just be aware that you probably spend a lot money that you will never get back.

You dont make any investment here, you pay to play. If you enjoy the eon amor and its worth the money for you then buy it and keep shooting, just be aware that you probably spend a lot money that you will never get back.

Basically I agree with you here, armors are fun and handy and they look cool :)

Additionally they are cheaper then ever to wear since decay has decreased AND is returned in the loot (not all but 95% assumably same as wepon spendings).

To me its a nobrainer to buy a real armor.

My hp is 107 and I don't know what my dps is. I know that it would be a loss if I am standing there shooting something huge while it whacks at me for 5 minutes. I do intend to hunt mobs that I can kill reasonably fast. But the points is making the investment longterm, should I go for the single big and expensive and work on tiers, or 2 cheaper more specialized with less durability so more decay per dmg.

most of the items , and i think all armors lost in MU value over the years . Its at a low point atm , but it can increase if for example EU player base has a a nice growth over the years . If you buy a 20k armor now you lock in a lot of ped in something you dont need for a good while . Maybe it will be cheaper by the time you will have a use for it , maybe not

If money's no object, just get Sentinel. Really wish I'd had the funds to buy that crap way about 10 years ago when it wasn't so damn pricey. Remember vaguely seeing it for sale on the Entropia Pioneer's forum back then.

If you buy adj jaguar.. why would you want Phantom?

as for upgrading from adj nemesis to adj jaguar.. for robots.. the average dmg you get hit for on a gen 3 legionnaire is 10 less with adj jaguar.. (31 to 21). I would advise a better fap instead of a better armor. Ofcourse with Eon you don't need to fap at all. (3.5 average dmg on the same mob)
And you could sell the 6a plate set.. but that whole set won't get you one part of it.
It's a big investment. I had a mixed set and it consisted of 2 eon parts. The hard part was the decay bill, but that was pre loot 2.0 . I have a big fap now and I don't need big armor anymore.

Last edited:
If you buy adj jaguar.. why would you want Phantom?

as for upgrading from adj nemesis to adj jaguar.. for robots.. the average dmg you get hit for on a gen 3 legionnaire is 10 less with adj jaguar.. (31 to 21). I would advise a better fap instead of a better armor. Ofcourse with Eon you don't need to fap at all. (3.5 average dmg on the same mob)
And you could sell the 6a plate set.. but that whole set won't get you one part of it.
It's a big investment. I had a mixed set and it consisted of 2 eon parts. The hard part was the decay bill, but that was pre loot 2.0 . I have a big fap now and I don't need big armor anymore.

I was just pulling names of armor out of my head, not as actual choices.

But the point still remains, would it be better to get 1 expensive all around armor, or 2 cheaper more specialized armors.

And I have a Tier 3.8 Fast Aid Fap 90 which heals for 40-40 when maxed and soon a Refurb H.E.A.R.T..

Hiya, I currently own Ghost and Adj. Nemesis as well as Adj. Pixie. I also own both 5b and 6a plate sets. I recently came into a lot of ammo I need to burn via my box opening service so I am considering upgrading my weapon and going for bigger mobs to cycle it all into Ped.

Should I get some new armor such as Adj. Jaguar for hunting robots and maybe upgrading Ghost to Phantom, (Is there Unlimited necromancer because that is awesome armor) for my Impact heavy melee mobs.

Or would a single set such as Eon be a better choice as it has decent melee stats and awesome robot stats, as well as much higher durability for extra savings. And by owning only 1 set I can tier it faster than a dual set.

If I have chosen wrong sets are there better choices? Adj Boar perhaps?

I would really appreciate your feedback thanks!!

In what I refer to as the 'Paranormal' series of armors, I believe Ghoul is the highest one with an unlimited version, not Phantom. The 'Paranormal' series of armors goes like this:

Zombie - crafted L and UL
Ghost - crafted L and UL
Phantom - crafted UL
Ghoul - crafted UL
Spectre - crafted L
Lich - crafted L
Necromancer - crafted L

That being said, Ghoul is extremely rare, I have almost never seen it on the auction, almost as rare as Lion.

For the time being, crafted limited armors are expensive because they cost a lot to craft. If you are a savvy, eco hunter who is willing to work to gets the cheapest armor possible, you won't be interested in crafted armor sets (unless they are being sold on the auction for less than what it costs to craft, which happens sometimes but is rare).

You probably read this already but I'm going to link it here because I think that a lot of the things to be considered with the questions you asked is already covered there:

Limited vs Unlimited - An Essay by Legends

Since you mentioned Robots and protection against them, I think the long and short of it is simply this: right now you can get limited Hermes and Spartacus parts on the auction for around 110% or less and as long as that is the case, there is really no good reason to go and spend thousands of ped on an unlimited set, unless you really really love that set, think it's the perfect set for you and plan to keep it forever.

If you want to know what's a good buy as far as unlimited sets go, I think the Jarhead is under-valued right now, it's cheaper than Bear but in my opinion, it's just as good and in some areas better than Bear.

Good luck o/

Legends

Last edited:
Back