Feffoid Onslaught!

anybody seen this big Chieftain of immense size and power?

ok, found L140 Adviser Khal-Ferrak @ Fort Zeus and L110 Noroosh @ Fort Ithaca

Doesn't this just prove the argument though?

The one 3.3dpp = +10pec profit, the 9 3.00 dpp = -18pec loss (each).

When in loot 2.0, solo non-shared, dpp is irrelevant. If the high dpp player were solo, he would never make TT profit, yet when doing shared loot against lower dpp, he can make tt profit. You can reduce the factors as far as you want (1000 3.0 vs 1 3.3) but the issue remains.

Note - I'm not an advocate for loot 2.0 at all and much preferred high dpp = better returns.

It's 10 pec profit from a 9000 health mob. That person probably spent well over 50k to get that dpp, or they are using only temporary buffs. It's going to take a long time to get that investment back that way...

It's 10 pec profit from a 9000 health mob. That person probably spent well over 50k to get that dpp, or they are using only temporary buffs. It's going to take a long time to get that investment back that way...

Uhuh. How long does it take 10 people to kill a 9000 health mob? Lets be conservative and say they have just 90dps each. That's 10 seconds - which is a gain of 1 pec per second, 60pec/min, 3600pec/hour.

$3.6/hr is around 2/3 the average wage in Romania... greater than the minimum wage there. Plus, there's all the tasty loots (ESI etc) available on fat shared mobs which has been show are given higher loot preference to those with high dpp weapons.

Semantics aside, the point is "loot 2.0" supposedly binds return rate to a variance of 7%, but always at a loss to the player. It's been shown quite effectively not only by yourself that higher dpp players on shared mobs will swing this return rate higher than 100%.

This is obviously broken in line with loot 2.0 "rules". Again, I have no issue with high dpp items having a high return rate, I think this worked well and gave incentive to those at the bottom of the pile to strive to own high dpp items (and the skills to use them). But, in the concepts of loot 2.0, shared mobs are evidently broken.

Last edited:
Back