Feffoid Onslaught!

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Feffoid Onslaught!

Feffoids are raiding Fort Zeus, Fort Ithaca, Fort Fury and Cape Corinth presumably due to colonists recently desecrating the Blakshaah: the sacred fighting pit of the Feffoids.

Unconfirmed reports of a previously unseen Chieftain of immense size and power have also been reported. Onlookers speculated he was leading the attacks.

Fort Fury is particularly hard pressed — opinion is divided as to whether or not the defences will hold!

Fight for freedom from the Feffoids, friends!
--------------

Please Note: lower-level Feffoids can be found at Forth Ithaca and Cape Corinth.

Where is the shared loot spawn? Zeus?

The day Ma dropped 50 mod faps is upon us :)

not only do you get to the feffoids... but you can also fight
'must wait to access this item'
and
'you can not perform that action while dead' ..

two kills, one death from blatant lag-a-saurus rex,.... done :)

not only do you get to the feffoids... but you can also fight
'must wait to access this item'
and
'you can not perform that action while dead' ..

two kills, one death from blatant lag-a-saurus rex,.... done :)

My favorite is the invisible mob damage that you can't run away from. (Happened yesterday while hunting Longu)

My favorite is the invisible mob damage that you can't run away from. (Happened yesterday while hunting Longu)

same, died yesterday at raging bull event..

nothing to see here,.. just casually dying to the toxic atmosphere...
then you die.. and it doesnt even say you were 'killed by incredibly toxic air' ... you just get the revive popup... awesome

Crit leeching loot at shared loot "off topic :laugh::laugh:

Edit:

not stoking this flame anymore.

can someone explain whats the issue with shared hunting ? or point to a discussion

can someone explain whats the issue with shared hunting ? or point to a discussion

You shoot shared loot with no crit mods and a Swine DLX, you pay 5ped per mob to do 1500 dmg.

I shoot with XTLC1000 with EST, rings, crit modded pills and 5% of my shots are now crits that do 1200 dmg per crit. My 1200 dmg crit costs me 1ped to do.

You did a bit more dmg than me, so you loot more loot split by 20%. Problem is, the loot that we're splitting is the 6 ped we each put in. So your return on this is 55% of the loot while mine is 45% of the loot.

I paid 1 ped to loot 2.7ped, you paid 5ped to loot 2.75ped.

The good thing is, the loot that we're splitting is the 6 ped we each put in. So your return on this is 55% of the loot while mine is 45% of the loot, since anyone still using a Swine dlx is a complete idiot.
Also I'll ignore the cost of the pills to build my strawman argument good

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

you can replace swine deluxe with spirit mk.i @ 3.02 dpp if you want... the result is still going to be the same...

the user with est and crit buffs @ 3.5 dpp is still going to get 14% of your loot at equal dps...

tis theft.

if you aren't at 3.5dpp you might as well not shoot shared anything ever.

Fixed that for you.

I chose the most drastic example to make it even more obvious. Pill cost? 0.01 so go call down and do some math of your own. Maybe come back with a constructive post to this forum for once.

I think many + MindArk all have agreed that shared loot is gonna have to get rebalanced since loot 2.0. MA just hasn't gotten around to it.

Their response is somewhere on the forums..

Better release all the DPP boosting stuff first then work on a rework :)

Dont think it should be that hard to come with a formula thats fair. Like i think lootshare by "cost*efficiency" would do just fine

you can replace swine deluxe with spirit mk.i @ 3.02 dpp if you want... the result is still going to be the same...

the user with est and crit buffs @ 3.5 dpp is still going to get 14% of your loot at equal dps...

tis theft.

which is exactly what I do. solo only (4life cj)

tis theft.

Still an extreme example as almost no one has 3.5 dpp and that is with only 2 people shooting.

But none of the save the world from ubers types want to post a real example because then they would look silly waving their arms in the air over 1% or something.

Dont think it should be that hard to come with a formula thats fair. Like i think lootshare by "cost*efficiency" would do just fine

Now that you've sold your gear ofc.

Still an extreme example as almost no one has 3.5 dpp and that is with only 2 people shooting.

But none of the save the world from ubers types want to post a real example because then they would look silly waving their arms in the air over 1% or something.

1 person shooting @ 3.5 dpp and 34 people shooting at 3.05 dpp is worse than one a 3.5 and one a 3.05...

the 3.5 user in that case would enjoy 110%+ tt

Now that you've sold your gear ofc.

U know nothing, im perfectly fine with shared loot as it is now :) I wrote what I wrote to those who's lookin for solution

1 person shooting @ 3.5 dpp and 34 people shooting at 3.05 dpp is worse than one a 3.5 and one a 3.05...

And is much less worse for the other 34 people shooting than the 1 vs 1 examples provided.

Let's say that in the old system the 3.5 guy would have got 100% TT exactly, and let's assume that you're correct about him now getting 110% TT (though I have no idea where you got that from).

Since the proportional split of the loot is exactly the same now as it was before Loot 2.0 (bolded because this is important), that must mean that the total amount of loot from the mob is 10% more than it was before Loot 2.0.

If that's the case then, since the proportional split is exactly the same now as it was before Loot 2.0 (see what I mean?), that means everyone is getting 10% more than they would have done before Loot 2.0.

Regardless of whether the numbers assumed above are right or wrong, the proportional split is exactly the same now as it was before Loot 2.0 (yes, really). The only thing that can possibly be different is the total amount of loot generated.

That means that either everyone gets proportionally more than they would have done in the old system, or everyone gets proportionally less than they would have done in the old system.

This guff about people leeching from others is complete nonsense.

It is possible to leech because LOOT is split based on DPP in shared loot mobs, and not cost.
And total looted TT value is based on COST.

Let us take this to an extreme just to illustrate a point. Let's assume two guns with the same DPS and efficiency, but one has 9 DPP and one has 1DPP.

If you were not doing a shared loot mob, both players would expect the same TT return rate, due to similar level of efficiency.

However, when doing a shared loot mob, DPP matters. At the same dps, they would get the same amount of loot split 50:50.

However, the cost to the 1DPP player is 9x that of the 1DPP player. As a result, they paid 90% of the cost and will only get a 50% return. The 1DPP will pay 10% of the cost and get 50% of the return.

Of course this is taken to an extreme, but I hope to illustrate why this is a problem. I know for a fact that leeching is happening at shared loot events.

EDIT: Just to reiterate, the shared loot case results in a significant decrease in return rate for the Lower DPP player, which would not happen if that player was not doing shared loot. This is a legacy effect from a mechanic that works in pre-Loot 2.0 but is outdated for the current loot system.

Last edited:
Buying crit pills for TT

Let's say that in the old system the 3.5 guy would have got 100% TT exactly, and let's assume that you're correct about him now getting 110% TT (though I have no idea where you got that from).

Since the proportional split of the loot is exactly the same now as it was before Loot 2.0 (bolded because this is important), that must mean that the total amount of loot from the mob is 10% more than it was before Loot 2.0.

If that's the case then, since the proportional split is exactly the same now as it was before Loot 2.0 (see what I mean?), that means everyone is getting 10% more than they would have done before Loot 2.0.

Regardless of whether the numbers assumed above are right or wrong, the proportional split is exactly the same now as it was before Loot 2.0 (yes, really). The only thing that can possibly be different is the total amount of loot generated.

That means that either everyone gets proportionally more than they would have done in the old system, or everyone gets proportionally less than they would have done in the old system.

This guff about people leeching from others is complete nonsense.

Loot before 2.0 = mob hp based (mostly if not 100%)

loot after 2.0 = cost to kill

high dpp had an advantage before 2.0 in that mob hp produced loot based on what was assumed to be a dpp curve of nearly 3.12 (anything over that would produce 100% TT+).. now there is no curve and dpp is entirely irrelevant since the ped pumped in = ped out from the mob... if both players pump in 3 ped, and 3.5 dpp player spends 18% less to do it, he/she is going to get 18% of the loot paid for by the 3.0 player.

how hard is this shit to explain. loot is based on cost to kill now.. if you deal more damage for lower cost in shared loot you're going to !!!! someone else's pedcard.

Ok, shared loot mob, 10 shooters, 9 have 3.00 dpp, one evil leecher has 3.30 dpp. To keep it simple we'll say they all have the exact same dps and they each inflict 900 damage on one 9000 health mob.

9 3.00 dpp shooters spend 3 ped each.

1 3.30 dpp shooter spends 2.73 ped.

tt into the mob is 29.73 ped.

95% tt return is 28.24 ped.

Everyone gets 10% of the loot (based on damage inflicted) so 2.82 ped.

If the 3.30 dpp shooter had instead been another 3.00 dpp shooter then tt into the mob would be 30.00 ped, tt return 28.5 ped, and 2.85 tt return for each shooter, an increase of a whopping 3 pec or 1% for each 9000 health mob. So each "normal" particpant would have to decide if a 1% change in loot return is worth it considering what you can potentially get from the mob.

Ok, shared loot mob, 10 shooters, 9 have 3.00 dpp, one evil leecher has 3.30 dpp. To keep it simple we'll say they all have the exact same dps and they each inflict 900 damage on one 9000 health mob.

9 3.00 dpp shooters spend 3 ped each.

1 3.30 dpp shooter spends 2.73 ped.

tt into the mob is 29.73 ped.

95% tt return is 28.24 ped.

Everyone gets 10% of the loot (based on damage inflicted) so 2.82 ped.

If the 3.30 dpp shooter had instead been another 3.00 dpp shooter then tt into the mob would be 30.00 ped, tt return 28.5 ped, and 2.85 tt return for each shooter, an increase of a whopping 3 pec or 1% for each 9000 health mob. So each "normal" particpant would have to decide if a 1% change in loot return is worth it considering what you can potentially get from the mob.

Doesn't this just prove the argument though?

The one 3.3dpp = +10pec profit, the 9 3.00 dpp = -18pec loss (each).

When in loot 2.0, solo non-shared, dpp is irrelevant. If the high dpp player were solo, he would never make TT profit, yet when doing shared loot against lower dpp, he can make tt profit. You can reduce the factors as far as you want (1000 3.0 vs 1 3.3) but the issue remains.

Note - I'm not an advocate for loot 2.0 at all and much preferred high dpp = better returns.

anybody seen this big Chieftain of immense size and power?

Back