Performance Update

The current type of lag issues have existed for a couple months roughly.

Hopefully this will fix the low system memory warning i've been getting in the message centre recently :laugh:

Hopefully this will fix the low system memory warning i've been getting in the message centre recently :laugh:

Never heard of that one...and i have a "old" pc with 8gb ram,1gb video ram

God damn this fucking lag, I'd really like to finish my 10k krelt MA ffs.

The lag that's really pissing people off right now, AFAIK, has been these past few months. It makes everything load at a snails pace. Clicking hof board pages doesn't scroll. Auction doesn't refresh. The user can actually search faster than the auction initially loads. Sometime market graphs come back as undefined....

Not to mention sometimes I get the deed for a mining claim without actually seeing the claim...

And while we're at it, for the love of god can you PLEASE fix the crafting terminals? The search formula is utterly broken. I shouldn't be searching "Armatrix" and getting back all of my component BPS. I have to push space behind everything I search before it stops being a toaster.

crafting in hunting :laugh:

entropia_2017-10-31_21.32.04.jpg

"The engineering team". Im scared.

Our primary focus is to solve the remaining performance issues as soon as possible, resulting in other development projects being postponed and/or deprioritized.

Embrace your selfs LAGWARz are coming....

may we get list of project that's postoped..... and will hopefuly seen them done during next year....
and list od deprioritized..... which we will not seen before 2020 if ever

if you read between lines ......
MA just started Xmass waction a month earlier....

Take down your broken half-product and don't call us back untill you fix your shit MA

Well, tonight got progressively worse for me so I logged, will try again in the morning.

It has gone on for far to long now this lag tbh.

It was better the last previous 2 nights (I’ll give them credit), but tonight is simply atrocious.

Let’s hope it turns around, no sense in getting angry anymore.

Every time I see this I have to laugh... Logic is lost on so many people. The threat with selling your gear is an empty one, since it is zero-sum to the company. You can only sell something if there is a buyer, and nobody buys something they don't believe has a future. The only way to really deprive the company is writing off whatever you spent on it and go on strike or just abandon the game. Who does this, really? See. Now come down from that high horse.

It is implicit in the act of selling your gear that there will be no further deposits and a large future withdrawal. So It is more than "zero-sum" for the company. I don't think getting frustrated enough because of lag to quit is considered being on a "high horse" either.

The lag last 2 days for me was worst ever. To the point of relogging and making support cases because my portable tt takes 5 minutes to credit my ped card.

I fully understand those super pissed about this.

I can only imagine how pissed the US players were during the last event because of this lag that seems to be primarily in the US.

After a 6 month break to come back to a game that doesn't even run halfway properly, well, that was a major let-down.

and they want a million players lol when it cant even run whit 10k people if they have that

they dont need to fix it its been like this for years cant even hunt in team hunt whit freinds in event so what the point of playing

i log on the other day still lag and got dc i waited a bit before loging back on and i totaly forgot about the game maybe i will drop back in around chrismast

was it why i stop playing not just that but it put alot of nail in my coffin

It is implicit in the act of selling your gear that there will be no further deposits and a large future withdrawal. So It is more than "zero-sum" for the company. I don't think getting frustrated enough because of lag to quit is considered being on a "high horse" either.
It is implicit in the act of selling that someone else is buying, hence the deposits continue, only with the next one instead. Likely beginning with a healthy chunk if your gear has significant value, while the company keeps sitting on your money for months until payout. The only way to deprive them of continued business is walking away without passing it on, possibly "selling" everything to TT which I don't think was meant here. This would hurt the player more than the company, therefore is unlikely to be executed and the threatening with it inconsequential. People who say this overestimate their leverage. It's like the kid saying "If you don't do X I'll hold my breath until I'm blue in the face." This is what is meant by the "high horse". I don't understand why some read into this I would defend them or deny the problems exist. They do and it's taking way too long and is super annoying and looks unprofessional no matter whether it's anyone's fault or not. Only what I don't assume is lack of motivation to fix it since their revenue must be already hurt because turnover is directly hampered by these technical problems. Claiming "they don't care" as some like to have it is therefore also inconsequential.

Want to know why we have Lag??? iot's the Multi's and bots..

If you want a real insider idea on what is going on, look no farther than the player themselves.

Yes you heard me right, the players, and not MA, and not the Planet Partners.. It's the players, let's be honest here..

Now if you have ever read the EULA an the TOS, the rules state that we are supposed to have one avatar in game, and I stick strict by that rule..

But I know without a shadow of a doubt, that a lot of players create multiple accounts and even use some of them as bots in order to gain a Financial advantage..

and that's where the trouble stars..

Now if you think I'm joking, I will tell you about people who make not 1 but 2 or even 3 accounts, (They think that this game is like most other MMO's and that they can get away with it, but they don't realize part of the issue is that for every avatar they do create, they actually are introducing more and more lag into the system..

I've talked with other game developerss and in fact part of this issue is MA's fault in that first off they don't have enugh servers to handle all of the accounts.. I bet dollars to donuts (and I'll be supplying the donuts), that a lot of this is because we've had a major influx of folks onto the servers.. and because of this this has haelepd slow down the game more..

Now then what if 300,000 people made 3 accounts That's 900,000 acccounts, and then let's say all 900,000 people logged in on a server or servers that are designed for a capacity of 500,000 people, what do you think would happen? Most servers would slow down and at worse crash.. It's sort of like a trying to put 3 terrabytes of data onto a 1 terrabyte drive.. after a certain point the hard drives complain and your comuter eventually stops working.. that is until the computer stops working altogether..

In short, players who make multiples are part of the problem, but then so are the botters..

By going afk and doing this botters are taking up bandwidth another issue that MA has..
And they keep going gobbling up the bandwdith.. why do you think MA puts Decay into this game? To cover the cost of the bandwidth being used..

And let's not forget about the auction zombies, the ones who hang around the terminals every day looking at all the goodies in the candy store and not buying any of it..

More and more inactivity means more and more wasted bandwidth and thus higher and higher decay on those who are playing..

What MA should do is this.. Purge the system.. first and foremost, and remove anything that violates the TOU EULA (The problem is that players put in fake add fake emails (By Spoofing them) and thus drive the end result even higher..)

Frankly to these folks, I say one simple thing.. Come clean and be honest.. Remove all the extra stuff you have putin and learn to deal with it..(I've done it for 10 years now and I've never complained about the lag, knowing the truth about how players like to cheat..(And yes folks, you may hate me for this, and give me negative rep, but then the truth hurts doesn't it?)

After all MA could buy more servers, and thus by doing so, they actually then passs the cost along back to the players.. (Why? Because of the fact that the players are causing a lot of this issue..

It's a vicius cicle I know and in fact I hte to say it but just quite talking about performance issues.. Come clean and use One avatar, don't bot, and if you are going to hang around an auction, do something.. Don't be just sitting there.

That's all I have to say.. Now if you'll excuse me someone told me to get a life, and I'm headed out the door.. Have a nice day..

Sgt. Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote, IFN Marines,
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" (And ) "His_Dog_SPot"

Might be too many companies holding VR conference calls overloading the servers :rolleyes:

ramblings

I would agree with you, but EU doesn't have 300,000 players, it has much more like 2,000 concurrent. Even if everyone had the capacity to run 3 avatars (I really don't think there's much benefit to this apart from extra auction slots) that would be 6,000 concurrent... a potato server from 1995 could run that.

The game is not optimised, and I don't think MA have a clue how to optimise it. It's obvious the extra calculations required by loot 2.0 are having a negative effect; logically just thinking about the extra work the loot servers have to handle (paying out relative to each individuals' costs, rather than flat rate based on HP).

It's obvious...

... lots of things do not occur to people, however, right across the spectrum from muppet to genius.
I am a bit dubious about the increased level of complexity being this, though.
What information was passed on before? HP dealt to mob = update new mob health.
What information must be passed on now? HP dealt to mob (obviously still required) + cost incurred by the player for the action.
In itself I wouldn't say a doubling should create the massive lags, but if the loot server or PED secure server is now involved each shot instead of after a kill once only, then that could be the new massive headache between MA's servers.
If so, the solution would surely be to buffer the cost count on the same system as is monitoring the HP of the mob under attack. If people have not been able to hack the mob hp monitor so far, then I don't see why a cost monitor should not also be safe.

But who knows, and who knows if some sense by some of us may provide the spark that helps them with a solution...?

Never heard of that one...and i have a "old" pc with 8gb ram,1gb video ram

I used to get this message a lot 2007-2010, I'd say. People always told me it was "lost" memory, or a memory sinkhole MA had a problem with. I have no idea. I just know it went away for the most part for the past several years and now it's back with a vengeance. And my PC's are always top of the line.

... lots of things do not occur to people, however, right across the spectrum from muppet to genius.
I am a bit dubious about the increased level of complexity being this, though.
What information was passed on before? HP dealt to mob = update new mob health.
What information must be passed on now? HP dealt to mob (obviously still required) + cost incurred by the player for the action.
In itself I wouldn't say a doubling should create the massive lags, but if the loot server or PED secure server is now involved each shot instead of after a kill once only, then that could be the new massive headache between MA's servers.
If so, the solution would surely be to buffer the cost count on the same system as is monitoring the HP of the mob under attack. If people have not been able to hack the mob hp monitor so far, then I don't see why a cost monitor should not also be safe.

But who knows, and who knows if some sense by some of us may provide the spark that helps them with a solution...?

I'm talking about the loot payback, rather than the actual damage updating.

Before, you would be paid back (or rather, the average would tend to) the equivalent of 3.25dpp. So a 1000 hp mob would have an average loot of 1000/3.25 = 307pec. If you do 2000 damage (even to the same mob via regen, with some upper boundary limits) you would get 614pec. Simple for the system to calculate - it's one data collector (dmg dealt) divided by a static return number, before that number is passed to the overall loot algorithm (the one which gives you a range of loots from novas to ATHs).

Now, the system is actively collecting all costs associated, before modulating with your efficiency number(s), multiplying by .95, then feeding that into the loot algorithm. So you're going from a static input/output, to a dynamic one. The system has to collect all of the costs associated (weapon cost, maybe finisher/tagger costs, armour costs, fap costs) and then feed those into the loot algorithm.

I'm fairly sure this is where the lag is being generated from - it's a (relatively) much more complex system.

Oh, plus, I'm only talking about TT in -> TT out. Who knows what effect the "loot composition" via dpp is having.

Before, you would be paid back (or rather, the average would tend to) the equivalent of 3.25dpp. So a 1000 hp mob would have an average loot of 1000/3.25 = 307pec. If you do 2000 damage (even to the same mob via regen, with some upper boundary limits) you would get 614pec. Simple for the system to calculate - it's one data collector (dmg dealt) divided by a static return number, before that number is passed to the overall loot algorithm (the one which gives you a range of loots from novas to ATHs).

Now, the system is actively collecting all costs associated, before modulating with your efficiency number(s), multiplying by .95, then feeding that into the loot algorithm. So you're going from a static input/output, to a dynamic one. The system has to collect all of the costs associated (weapon cost, maybe finisher/tagger costs, armour costs, fap costs) and then feed those into the loot algorithm.

I'm fairly sure this is where the lag is being generated from - it's a (relatively) much more complex system.

Oh, plus, I'm only talking about TT in -> TT out. Who knows what effect the "loot composition" via dpp is having.

the model now is not too much different from before. loot before also gave back armor decay partially (has been tested and proven numerous times) and the dpp also had an impact on the return, as shooting with piron ul guns returned more loot on average than an imk2 did.

Yes, what I meant is that collecting all costs involved is a further parameter which needs to be passed on in addition to a damage dealt parameter, so a doubling if collated client-side first, but still pretty static. However, if the server wants to know how you managed to spend those costs as well (percentages on armour, various weap swaps even...), then it does get much trickier - and you are right again to mention loot composition, as it might be what is making the mountain out of the molehill.

Personally I was assuming each mob has an ideal cost to kill known by the server, and whatever the cost the kill works out at can easily be used to determine the composition percentages of good loot:poor loot at the same tt.

I thus don't believe the system really needs a dynamic feed of information - more info, yes, but not enough to cause the massive lags if kept clean.

Still, we can assume that you are right, and that loot 2.0 IS the main cause of the calculation lags - but it wouldn't have to be ;)

For this to be true, the lag would have to have started at the exact same time Loot 2.0 was introduced. I can't confidently remember, but I thought the lag started some time later than the start of Loot 2.0.

For this to be true, the lag would have to have started at the exact same time Loot 2.0 was introduced. I can't confidently remember, but I thought the lag started some time later than the start of Loot 2.0.

It did, as far as I remember it happened exactly the point where they said they were changing something with server hardware.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
LAGWARZ STARTED
as expexted whit 30 minutes maintenance
happy laggy next week :laugh:

the model now is not too much different from before. loot before also gave back armor decay partially (has been tested and proven numerous times) and the dpp also had an impact on the return, as shooting with piron ul guns returned more loot on average than an imk2 did.

The cost paybacks before were implied, not explicit. So yes, you'd get paid back "some" for armour decay, but it didn't ever track linear to your costs... I too tested using Vain on argonauts, the average loot was only slightly higher when taking 10ped of armour decay per argo young.

Yes, what I meant is that collecting all costs involved is a further parameter which needs to be passed on in addition to a damage dealt parameter, so a doubling if collated client-side first, but still pretty static. However, if the server wants to know how you managed to spend those costs as well (percentages on armour, various weap swaps even...), then it does get much trickier - and you are right again to mention loot composition, as it might be what is making the mountain out of the molehill.

Personally I was assuming each mob has an ideal cost to kill known by the server, and whatever the cost the kill works out at can easily be used to determine the composition percentages of good loot:poor loot at the same tt.

I thus don't believe the system really needs a dynamic feed of information - more info, yes, but not enough to cause the massive lags if kept clean.

Still, we can assume that you are right, and that loot 2.0 IS the main cause of the calculation lags - but it wouldn't have to be ;)

The system could easily be designed to take cost per shot, in real time.. one mob at a time this would be no problem, it would also be no problem if the calcs were done client side (however, there's an obvious reason why they aren't in security). But when you combine 1000s of simultaneous shots... I can see why this would slow things down.

AFAIK they didn't introduce all features of 2.0 immediately, correct? It could just be one small part (for example, loot composition) which is poorly implemented.

FYI, Client Loader has a poll at the top, I selected Always have lag every time I play, that has been my experience for months now, and btw, this is different then the lag we used to always get :mad:

I agree with Mac, I took the poll, I always experience lag. I have 200mb internet and my isp is definitely not the issue. It has been that way since battle simulator was released. it has gotten better and then much worse, and then better, but the lag is still a big issue for my gameplay.

Reactions: Mac
Back