Question: Custom chat channels "autoleave" people

Stilskin

Old
Society
Dark Knights Apprentices
Master Stilskin Shine
Many of my friends including myself have issues whit some custom chat channels.
You get invited and after log off you leave the channel. Log in and you have to type the /join command for enter again. That only works a couple of times then you need a new invite. Problem started right before Mayhem started.
Anyone else have this issue and found a way the get passed it or its a MA fix to wait for?

I have this problem since the latest update and already filed a support ticket. More precisely, I had unsubscribed from #arkadia, #arktrade and #cyrene because I was taking a break on Next Island. This was before the update. After the update and upon returning to Arkadia I re-subscribed to these channels, but lose them now after every session and have to subscribe again upon every single login. Was going to post about it if not fixed with the next patch, OP beat me to it. Cheers.

Why unsubscribe the channel , there is a box you can check or uncheck to turn it off and on.

Why unsubscribe the channel , there is a box you can check or uncheck to turn it off and on.

No, it does not turn the channel off or on, only whether its messages get displayed or not. They still get transmitted and bloat your chat file, if you opted to record it.

Bump another feature that doesn’t work :)

Adding to the list of maintenance issues we hope to see ticked off ;)

Bump Inb4 Maintenance :)

This annoying bug has been in place awhile. I think around the time they fixed the lag, this came out. #calytrade kicks me every time I log.
Most of the time I cant even see whats being sold anymore, since I often just forget to re-add it every time.
I am sure this isn't helping sales for people in these channels.

So for that I bump to remind MA it still exists for most people )

Bring to the top for patch :p

i have to admit that it annoys me, too...

Since we are 3 socs sharing the same socchat this is super annoying.. All of us have to rejoin the same channel each logon..

Fix it MA

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Bring to the top for patch :p

I lose every channel im subscribed to upon every relog.

rejoining does keep its previous color coding though^^

tomorrow is update so lets bump the hell out of this thread :p

Allegedly this is still unfixed, and although it doesn't bother me personally too much I can easily see this being a huge issue for many players since it gets in the way of their ability to stay connected with their friends and communities, which is obviously a very bad thing for the game, so it would really be great to see this fixed at some point.

It is STILL not fixed.

bump for fix

In the same boat.
It it possible to join multiple channels at the same time ?
Kinda annoying to do /join #blalbal for each channel.

Same here.
Support ticket didn't help...

Fix please!

this lazy neglection is embarrassing.
it is not only the single bug that annoys me and so many other players, it is MAs general attitude of neglection and leaving existing content behind unattended.

it somehow speaks for itself.
usually people and companies with this attitude belong to the less successful in life and business. i see a scheme there...

it is not only the single bug that annoys me and so many other players, it is MAs general attitude of neglection and leaving existing content behind unattended.

i fully agree, and sometimes i really wish those buggers in charge would step up and take their responsibility as serious as they take our money seriously, sometimes even in advance.

Bump. The coming update will have this fixed, or... [complete the sentence!]

Bump. The coming update will have this fixed, or... [complete the sentence!]

... MA once more shows, what they give on their paying customers.

it's not a bug that they care about... it'll probably be fixed around the time our avatars can sit and lay on the ground again :p

In public channels avatars can simply join them again, aggravating for sure.

But as a moderator of several private chat channels it is a nightmare. Occasionally '/join #channelname' works for those MA removed upon relog, which tbh it should not as the channel is set to private and they should need to be re-invited. Yet those not previously invited are unable to join (we checked) so thank goodness for that at least

The majority of those booted from the channel by MA need to be re-invited. Members of our soc group PM me several times a day asking me to re-invite them or their friend, members of the 2 chats we use to operate Kronan and KISS services also need many re-invites daily. It seems that any that were first invited to those channels after the day MA broke it will need several re-invites before it somehow miraculously decides to leave them there.

TIPS:
Sometimes making sure channel is closed before relog can help it stay.
Sometimes joining other random chats before relog helps the one you want to be retained.
Mostly it is random as to when you eventually get to stay.

Why is MA in no hurry to fix something which must be annoying the vast majority of it's customers.. well first because they tend to forget we are customers... they see us just as players, as chess pieces on their board. Time we reminded them with support cases.. sooner or later we will take enough of their time to make it worth fixing.

Secondly and probably most importantly they don't see that it costs them financially....Wrong !! :dunce:
Not only does pissing off players lead to reduced player enjoyment and therefore reduced play hours and spending, but the game time lost for channel moderators is huge. It takes only seconds to re-invite someone, but it takes many minutes of chatting in pm before they finally go back to what they were doing and so now can you. This is all time where neither of us is making any contribution to MAs pockets.

Come on MA .. wake up, fix this and other bugs..
happy customers are far more likely to depo and help pay your wages. :duh:

Back