Question: Custom chat channels "autoleave" people

TIPS:
Sometimes making sure channel is closed before relog can help it stay.
Sometimes joining other random chats before relog helps the one you want to be retained.
Mostly it is random as to when you eventually get to stay.

Thanks for these tips. I did not know this and will try experimenting. I as I'm sure everyone gets tired having to rejoin the same channels every time we log in.

That the publication of a "pirate vaccine" prompted immediate reaction while this remains still unfixed is duly noted.

Fix this already !

That the publication of a "pirate vaccine" prompted immediate reaction while this remains still unfixed is duly noted.

What fix it clearly still works....

What fix it clearly still works....

Well I didn't say it was fixed, only that they reacted to it posthaste unlike to this bug where they broke a previously working feature and then just left it at that. I don't play your space game to try the other thing out, but someone will certainly note in an appropriate thread if there is a discrepancy between VU notes and reality.

how can you ignore a bug that pisses off so many people for such a long time? i thought you DO care? it doesn't look like it tbh! :mad:

1. Improved communication <tm>
  2. Chat channels broken for a whole year
  3. New camera system?

Priorities, priorities...

support case answered and closed in 7.5 hours on a saturday ... not bad huh

"We are aware of this issue and are working hard to have this issue solved as soon as possible."

i'll mark the date and we'll see how hard you really work to fix that. thanks in advance!

whoops it's december already, i guess ASAP is just another term of bad translation or error in language... :scratch2:

EU can be such a wonderful "place"

i did chitchat a random guy today and found out he also lives in vienna and likes tabletennis, as i do.

guess what, he refused to join my ingame channel because he's also affected by the autoleave-bug. it pisses him off to rejoin all channels at every friggin login, and he already made support tickets about it, and "they" responded with the "usual crap".

after being affected the first time myself joining a new private society invite-only channel some time ago, and messing around in (nearly?) every possible way to find out the cause or a possible fix, i now get kicked out of all channels i ever messed with. #calypso, #arkadia, #theotherplanetsimnotinterestedin, the private invite-only channels and even the public #trade. not #rookie of course, i guess that costs extra.

:dunce:

way to go mindark. there is no problem. take your time. and have fun please, what else? :smoke:

in near future the Level of Disregard will be measured in MU's [MindArk Units]. :wise:

happy new year everyone! whoops wrong thread, let's call it a bump then :mad:

yeh this is now a huge issue for me as well. I was messing around today because I had 1 channel bugged like this.. now all of them are and the only one that sticks infact I cant get rid of it is... #spacemining.. srsly no joke lol

would a poll help - support cases just get file 13ed

its been like 2 years now with this channel autoleave bug...kinda insane

Hi, same for me, for sure more than a year with autoleave #calytrade channel every time I login to the game :(

Very annoying bug!

Instead of having to type /join for everyone, save all the channels links on a sticky note .

Right click copy channel link, paste onto stick note. The next day open your note and on each one right click, join channnel. Works out much faster I’ve found :)

Bump for a foe

Hopefully this will change and be taken care of soon.

Also, more channels and an easier way to create them would be great.

please fix it

I die a little bit inside every time I need to re-subscribe to all the channels.
Please MA, hurry up!

how hard can it be to fix that bug? :scratch2:

If you make a sticky note with all your channel names on it, you can just right click them and join. Not perfect but better than nothing at this point.

If you make a sticky note with all your channel names on it, you can just right click them and join. Not perfect but better than nothing at this point.

you can't when it's a private channel and you lose the permission to join on every server restart. also i don't wanna arse myself and manually rejoin all my channels on every fucking login, only because mindark needs half a decade to fix the shit they've broken. it pisses me off to an extend i can't even say!

:mad:

If you guys find it hard to rejoin a handful of channels after relogs and to accept new invites for private chats after a VU or maintenance window, think of the folk that run those private chats for your benefit. Many society groups have a shared chat and society officers with admin have to re-issue invites. Same for ship owners, event chats, etc

I sometimes find that I can waste up to 4 hours after a vu or maintenance re-adding people to crew chat, pilot chat, shared society chat. Multiply that by 2 to 3 times a month and MA have stolen a substantial number of days of my life.. all because they are too lazy, too incompetent or too disinterested because they don't see this loses them money...which it most definitely does
I am sure I am not the only chat channel admin, who does what is necessary to help others then logs off in disgust.

I HATE TUESDAYS

Ah OK. I see your point. :mad:

how hard can it be to fix that bug? :scratch2:

i think its related to the tp chip and tp problem way back some months ago where the aim/cursor thing happened. the big problem of messy code. i'm also quite sure that MA is doing a great job of cleaning this mess up and therefore just a matter of time before we see this one GONE.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?308800-Granny-Rowan-Q1&p=3693111#post3693111

I didn't want to bitch about it anymore after this statement. Yet I think we're still not on the same page about what the term "priority" means. There are more long-standing issues affecting business owners the most. This company needs to decide once and for all if its product is a game where values exchanged between participants are meaningless and the means to facilitate this exchange just a silly way of killing time, or an actual business platform which the boasting with "RCE" suggests. Some people are convinced that this decision was made long ago.

I have also been having this bug for a year or so. They just fixed the (L) armor exploit. Let's hope they fix this next.

I have also been having this bug for a year or so. They just fixed the (L) armor exploit. Let's hope they fix this next.

monria is doing good developementwise but a person is not going to join the monriatrade channel everytime he logs in. jees guys comon now, the bugs list is going to surpass the innovations list...o wait, i mean the lines in programming code.

Back