Question: Custom chat channels "autoleave" people

this bug actively damages the community and hampers every player who wants to socially interact here.

can someone tell me how many individual Version Updates and patches (vulgo: passed up chances to fix this bug) passed up, since it first occoured?

Fixing this bug either fails at MA's will to fix it, or it fails at MA's competence to fix it.
Both are a confession of failure.

If you make a sticky note with all your channel names on it, you can just right click them and join. Not perfect but better than nothing at this point.
Of course! :D

I gave you a +rep to kiss your ass, because you must work at MA with such brilliant solutions! :D

MSG88 said:
This bug was acknowledged in the "Entropia Universe 15.15.4 Release Notes"

They must've "unacknowledge" it some time after because we really needed a new camera man! I mean take priorities :D

i'll quit the game if MA doesn't fix it this year, and reduce my ingame activity to a minimum until then. simple solution for me! :mad:

This bug was acknowledged in the "Entropia Universe 15.15.4 Release Notes"

oh my...
so thats when they "acknowledged" it.
and we all know MA needs months to admit that something has broken...

let us cut most of MA's phone wires. i wonder if they will accept this for years, too...

fix it, better today than tomorrow!

fix that chatchannel autoleave bug. actually this shit made you lose hundreds of dollars already (in my personal case). and it pisses me off to an extent that i don't even wanna play anymore. please! just fix it! or you'll maybe also lose EU's last remaining prophet...

thanks in advance. :)

fix that chatchannel autoleave bug. actually this shit made you lose hundreds of dollars already (in my personal case).

does joining a channel costs money now or how did you lose money? :confused:

P.S.: bug should be fixed ofc.

I would have to agree, and it seems a bit worse now with common channels having a random no access error where we need to leave and come back again.

There are a lot of sales in trades that never get seen now by huge groups of the population due to this bug.

As well, our soc has a smaller soc attached, we no longer can talk effectively, some people can talk others cant, can never find a solution, and the social aspect for many new players seems "dead" when in reality people just cant see them or respond or help due to this bug.

Don't assume the chat bug affects everyone...ive never had the issue with what has been reported, not once.
So it may not be as simple as everyone seems to think.

I had never suffered from this bug until the last couple days , now I have it on Arkadia chat.

I find that its random , sometimes during the same session it will work , then suddenly I get the error.

Dennis commented on this in another thread, so I'll copy-paste his answer here as well for increased visibility:

We are aware of the bug and are currently working on solving the issue. It isn't an easy fix sadly so I kindly ask for your patience in this matter.

Just an update, we've narrowed down what we believe to be causing some of the chat issues that players are experiencing, so there is progress being made there.

Just an update, we've narrowed down what we believe to be causing some of the chat issues that players are experiencing, so there is progress being made there.

Yay! awesome :yay:

I look forward to not having to rejoin my wee list every day lol.

Why unsubscribe the channel , there is a box you can check or uncheck to turn it off and on.

Error: Access Denied is why. This is randomly occurring on the small number of channels that don't auto leave now.

The only fix is to leave and come back.

Of course by leaving the channel, it has the possibility of going into the back of the list and becoming a "leave every session" channel when you do so.

I assume this has to do with how they store these channels, the list or array has a limit and they don't realize it or think its a dynamic population when it isn't. So it is popping excess items out on one of the checks at login.

It also seemed that the very 1st channels I added (calypso, calytrade, ect ) are the ones that are in auto leave, for what seems over a year now by the way, which has me thinking this is a container issue and a stack miscalculation.

I get the error access denied on channels I have to re-join, and old ones which are stuck. I cant seem to find a pattern to which one(s) are going to error me! A quick spam of up return get the message in though :)

When the auto leave channel issue started like uear n a half ago i discovered if you rejoied like 3 channel it would save only the 1st one so i managed to get the ones i needed back saved. Now though this technique doest work even by adding 10 channels. I havent tried more cuz in doin so i managed to not only save 1 channel but quite possibly the beat one "#space_mining". Who doesnt want that usefull channel ;)

please forgive me my bump on this matter. it still pisses me off, and my (returning) ingame friends too!

on every fucking login ... just in case you forgot :wise:

The reason some people have this issue and others don't is to do with member list size.
It would appear that most, if not all chat channels, with less than 100 members do not have issues with members having to rejoin daily, or if private channels, having to be re-invited after every server restart / maintenance / vu.

Those with 100 plus members will find that the first 100 should be ok (usually those in the chat before the bug started) but that newer members will get booted.

It would seem that while a chat channel can be any size, that the /listmembers function is restricted to 100. I would suggest that having it as /listmembers #channelname #letter of alphabet
This would reduce each list to just those members whose name starts with a specified letter, and will in all likelihood reduce number shown to under 100.
If the /listmember option can then allow admins to be able to see all members, a page at a time, then at least they will be able to remove inactive users (ex soc members for instance), which will in turn reduce the load on the system.

or simply paginate same as friend list.. you already have code for that ...duh !!

The reason some people have this issue and others don't is to do with member list size.
It would appear that most, if not all chat channels, with less than 100 members do not have issues with members having to rejoin daily, or if private channels, having to be re-invited after every server restart / maintenance / vu.

Those with 100 plus members will find that the first 100 should be ok (usually those in the chat before the bug started) but that newer members will get booted.

It would seem that while a chat channel can be any size, that the /listmembers function is restricted to 100. I would suggest that having it as /listmembers #channelname #letter of alphabet
This would reduce each list to just those members whose name starts with a specified letter, and will in all likelihood reduce number shown to under 100.
If the /listmember option can then allow admins to be able to see all members, a page at a time, then at least they will be able to remove inactive users (ex soc members for instance), which will in turn reduce the load on the system.

or simply paginate same as friend list.. you already have code for that ...duh !!

I think your on to something here with the 100people max or wont save after relog.. just tested it. I cant confirm its exactly 100 but less than 100 appear to work and save after relog properly. good catch I hope it assists them in locating the issue

support case answered and closed in 7.5 hours on a saturday ... not bad huh

"We are aware of this issue and are working hard to have this issue solved as soon as possible."

i'll mark the date and we'll see how hard you really work to fix that. thanks in advance!

3 more months and we can call it a year ... but ofc mindark rather wants to mess with our missions! :mad:

Back