Christmas Ring 2016 and Summer Ring 2016

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
I have looked at all the fancy rings around and have decided to settle on the Skill rings Christmas/Summer 2016

They both offer skill gains one for mining and one for combat, which I do both rather frequently.

Between the two rings I would have a combined stat bonus of:
◾Acceleration: 47%/25%
◾Evade: 25%/25%
◾Dodge: 25%/25%
◾Jamming: 25%/25%
◾Faster Reload: 23%/15%
◾Increase Regeneration: 240%/200%
◾Focused Blow 2.0/5.0
◾Increase rare mining finds: 25%
◾Skill Gain - Mining: 15%
◾Skill Gain - Laser: 25%
◾Skill Gain - Blp: 15%
◾Skill Gain - Blade: 15%
◾Decrease Critical Damage: 25%
◾Show harvestable wood: 0.2m

I love mining, I like hunting, and I like cutting wood. I am also still under 20 in every skill so the skill gain effects will have a tremendous difference in my ability to use new weapons or finders.

What is the cost of this and what are your thoughts on my ring choices. Is the better/more efficient rings that give similar buffs? Or am I wasting too many stats like the reload acceleration and regen?

At least 30K PED between the two of them just FYI, I have christmas 2016 ring and I love it

Faster Reload is one of the most expensive buffs and you're overcapping on it, so I wouldn't recommend too strongly to stack these rings up.

Summer Ring 2016 lost a lot of value when Focused Blow stopped affecting tt returns, not sure how much it's worth exactly but seems like around ~20k, although honestly I think it's worth less than that, it's mostly good for leeching PED from others in shared loot, which will probably eventually be fixed

Christmas Ring 2016, on the other hand, offers all of the defensive buffs as well as the movespeed buff and the reload buff capped, which are all still great and useful so its value went up from about ~15k to about ~20k with loot 2.0

The skill gain buffs they offer, and the mining/wood harvesting stuff on christmas 2016 are mostly just extras, but they're nice and stuff as well I guess.

Faster Reload is one of the most expensive buffs and you're overcapping on it, so I wouldn't recommend too strongly to stack these rings up.

Summer Ring 2016 lost a lot of value when Focused Blow stopped affecting tt returns, not sure how much it's worth exactly but seems like around ~20k, although honestly I think it's worth less than that, it's mostly good for leeching PED from others in shared loot, which will probably eventually be fixed

Christmas Ring 2016, on the other hand, offers all of the defensive buffs as well as the movespeed buff and the reload buff capped, which are all still great and useful so its value went up from about ~15k to about ~20k with loot 2.0

The skill gain buffs they offer, and the mining/wood harvesting stuff on christmas 2016 are mostly just extras, but they're nice and stuff as well I guess.

Those skill gains are the main reason i want the rings.. the other stuff is fluff to me. Haha.

How does summer ring leech in shared loot?

Keep in mind none of my skills are over 20 yet so anything ubers do I have not even dreamed of killing the mob they normally kill by sneezing.

Those skill gains are the main reason i want the rings.. the other stuff is fluff to me. Haha.

Keep in mind none of my skills are over 20 yet so anything ubers do I have not even dreamed of killing the mob they normally kill by sneezing.

Oh don't worry, most people giving valuable information on this forum are under your level.The only difference between you and them is that they are playing for at least 10 years :)

How does summer ring leech in shared loot?

It leeches in Shared Loot because shared loot divides loot by damage dealt, whereas loot is calculated by costs incurred (as of loot 2.0) so if you have buffs like focused blow which increase your crit chance, or weapons with very high damage per pec values, you can leech very hard on the people around you with lower damage per pec, less crit chance, etc.

My recommendation would be avoiding Shared Loot altogether until they address this, unless your damage per pec is extremely high, or at the very least to bring a scanner and be conscious of the people around you.

This is very relevant for Summer Ring 2016 as its' main selling point which saw it valued at 30-40k at one time was the 2% Focused Blow it offered, which assisted player in generating profit in loot 1.0, and now it's only value in this aspect in terms of shared loot leeching.

This ring also increases skill gain and you may find it at a lower price point than these if that's what you're interested in:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=PersonalEffect&name=Halloween_Ring_2017

With that said though, I think you'd be better off opening 10k ped worth of Strongboxes and getting some of those 10 hour 100% skill gain increase pills and stuff, or just increasing your dps (10% more dps is ~10% more skills gained) although I suppose you can do all of these at the same time if you really wanted to.

Being as you are under level 20, I would honestly and strongly suggest going the route of simply buying boxes and using the skill pills you gain from them. Considering a10 pills are fairly common, which give you a 100% boost to your skill gains, you would be much better off that route. In the end for ped spent you would gain a far greater and faster amount of skills by cycling the universal ammo you receive with stacked stims

If you got the peds, do it! :)

The cost is gonna be between you and the seller(s). As suggested, it'd be a big upgrade, but if you can afford it, and want it, just do it already and stop wasting time here on the forums where everyone can always give advice to others about how to spend other people's money... (and some may, uh, actually be in competition to buy the same damn thing in the near future before you do while you waste time here grabbing the opportunity from right under your nose)

As for 'wasting too many stats,' I have a funny hunch more and more buffy items are coming in various forms in the coming year(s), so it's kind of a gamble, but it's highly doubtful that Unlimited Items that give such high buffs are going to go down in value too fast, at least for a while (but it is Mindark we are talking about, in 5 years a super unlimited bracelet that maxes you on all attributes and buffs could be coming, and released on accident in snablesnot loot when it is only supposed to give you one point in one buff or something...).

Last edited:
It leeches in Shared Loot because shared loot divides loot by damage dealt, whereas loot is calculated by costs incurred (as of loot 2.0) so if you have buffs like focused blow which increase your crit chance, or weapons with very high damage per pec values, you can leech very hard on the people around you with lower damage per pec, less crit chance, etc.

My recommendation would be avoiding Shared Loot altogether until they address this, unless your damage per pec is extremely high, or at the very least to bring a scanner and be conscious of the people around you.

This is very relevant for Summer Ring 2016 as its' main selling point which saw it valued at 30-40k at one time was the 2% Focused Blow it offered, which assisted player in generating profit in loot 1.0, and now it's only value in this aspect in terms of shared loot leeching.

This ring also increases skill gain and you may find it at a lower price point than these if that's what you're interested in:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=PersonalEffect&name=Halloween_Ring_2017

With that said though, I think you'd be better off opening 10k ped worth of Strongboxes and getting some of those 10 hour 100% skill gain increase pills and stuff, or just increasing your dps (10% more dps is ~10% more skills gained) although I suppose you can do all of these at the same time if you really wanted to.

Yes I noticed this. A friend with lots of really good gear asked me to join him at the feffoid boss, I had tried once before but didn't have the damage to get the daily items. So when I went with him I lost almost 150 ped in like 2 hours and I couldn't figure out why... now I know.

Back