Entropia Universe 15.15.4.1 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
  • Technical update to improve server stability.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

There's no download, so this seems to be a server-side update only.

And the lag is ???????

Big improvement for me. Will hold my judgement until a lot more people are on the server but looks hopeful!

Never had any lagg before, but I have seen and heard good amount that complain about it, so I Guess it is or was a location based, both in game and in RL

My experience is that it's related to your "log on /front end" server somehow. When i experience "lag" i usually log off, wait a bit then log on again. Although i might have to do that several times until i "hit" a not so laggy server. Mostly that work anyway.

When i hit that server almoust 99% of the time it's lag free until next relog i do.

I've noticed that several times, @ home after work, logging on, if it's lag free i play, else usually i relog a few times until lag is gone, play ... then it's time to put kidz to bed i log off. Then when i log on again usually lag is back, and i have to do a few relogs again.

So far so good :yay:

Edit:

still lagging in hof board and refiner use

Last edited:
still having issues with loading hof board, and auction.

hunting better. but still had 4 instances in 45 minutes with switching tools. (central USA)

still having issues with loading hof board, and auction.

hunting better. but still had 4 instances in 45 minutes with switching tools. (central USA)

That's better than 4 instances every minute like it has been over the last 2 months.

Naaa nothing better :/ Still get the same lag spikes like before when shooting. Come and go :scratch2:

I hunted briefly this morning 15-20 minutes and had much less lag, I could switch between tools pretty easily but still experienced shooting without the mob taking any damage while continuing to get hit by the mob. Thank you for the update and thank you for acknowledging that its being worked on! Keep it up and I'm sure it'll be fixed soon :p

Obviously the lag has nothing to do with anything on MA’s end. Everyone just needs to upgrade their internet and buy a SSD! :lolup:

but still experienced shooting without the mob taking any damage while continuing to get hit by the mob.

Yea same here :( But other then that great news :)

I still think the remaining lag is client-side. I tried running on my normal graphic settings for 30 min and it was very noticeable lag. I then turned graphics settings way down (textures, and especially the far-clipping, etc), waited for 20 seconds for textures to catch up and lag was almost unnoticeable. There's something about a tcp packet coming into the client and then being delayed due to logging or checking or whatever BEFORE being passed along to be displayed that's causing this mess.

Obviously the lag has nothing to do with anything on MA’s end. Everyone just needs to upgrade their internet and buy a SSD! :lolup:

Well, it'll help, and if it doesn't help you'll feel better for doing it (just in case). ;)

Personally, I'm having zero problems, I just hope MA don't 'fix' something that breaks something for me.

In the mean time I carry on...

:sniper: ........................................ :bull:

No noticeable difference here. :(

I still think the remaining lag is client-side. I tried running on my normal graphic settings for 30 min and it was very noticeable lag. I then turned graphics settings way down (textures, and especially the far-clipping, etc), waited for 20 seconds for textures to catch up and lag was almost unnoticeable. There's something about a tcp packet coming into the client and then being delayed due to logging or checking or whatever BEFORE being passed along to be displayed that's causing this mess.

I always play on low settings and the lag is terribad :censored:

PS, the fucking lag isn't any better after this work was done. fuckin hell.

Last edited:
Great, I go to log on and get endless loop of entering gold card codes to "re-sync" my gold card. Did it about 30 times before figuring it was some mess up from MA.

Am I only one with this issue?

:'(

I can play Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2 while also running entropia all on the highest settings. For certain the spikes and the lag is only on MA's end. Real games are flawless.

It's not @ client side. Lag is still there. NO improvement for me.
And my PC or internet Connection are not the bottleneck here.

i7, 32GB ram, SSD HDD, 100/100Mbps fiber internet Connection blahh blahh ...

It's server related, period.

I had no problems a few weeks ago, but now i have ;(

Feedback for MA:

Crystal Palace is now much, much worse than before Tuesday

How is it server related when not everyone is experiencing the same issues? Some people (myself included) dont' have lag at all..

How is it server related when not everyone is experiencing the same issues? Some people (myself included) dont' have lag at all..

There are multiple servers, it can be server related depending on which one you connect to, and we don't have any control over which one it connects to within the pool of available servers during login.

Your statement works both ways if multiple ppl report it then its not clientbased

I myself rarely have lag in games here but hard mobs were before completely unplayable
I hope its better now

Playing last night and testing again today - lag lag lag.
USA, Michigan

Feedback for MA:

Crystal Palace is now much, much worse than before Tuesday

Tried again last night, full of fail.

US, CA, SF Bay Area.

Maybe someday I will finish my 10k krelt...

Since yesterday's maintainance: Same planet, different experiences. Hunting Oro, no problem (except the hitbox but that's a different one). Oratan Prospectors, lag spike once every ca. 10-15 minutes that gets me frozen on the spot and sometimes even killed before I can respond. Trying it out going back and forth without pause in between and yes, this pattern is consistent. Talk about weird.

Back