Question: WTF is wrong loot?

Hijacker27

Marauder
Society
Crimson Devils
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
So the hardest mob in game to spawn (2-3 K PED in materials alone plus hundreds of hours gathering them) and kill (roughly 7K PED) drops only ammo and 1 300 PED item in the past two kills?

Seriously?

Are the only items going to be looted by loot boxes only now?

Please can someone from MA rationalize the point of actually putting in effort into the game any more?

So the hardest mob in game to spawn (2-3 K PED in materials alone plus hundreds of hours gathering them) and kill (roughly 7K PED) drops only ammo and 1 300 PED item in the past two kills?

Seriously?

Please can someone from MA rationalize the point of actually putting in effort into the game any more?

Loot 2.1?

Just because it’s a 7k mob doesn’t mean it should automatically loot its cost to kill or more.

Spawn it again.. maybe you get a 25x and ATH

Loot 2.1?

Just because it’s a 7k mob doesn’t mean it should automatically loot its cost to kill or more.

Spawn it again.. maybe you get a 25x and ATH

This :wise:

Most likely they only have one loot call used for all creatures in the game. So you would have to hunt even more large creatures to hit the 95% or whatever balance they have that is seen on the smaller mobs. Hence why everyone tells all the new players to hunt at or below their levels as they don't have the Ped to cycle to get to the mid point, they either loose or they either win more then that. Seeing as a ton of kills are in the loosing category you would have to hunt a large creature a ton to hit the same return percentage as a small creature not counting markup on stuff.

It would make more sense if they created several different loot calls for level ranges of creatures such that higher level creatures would have less of a loss on the low end but globals and hofs on them would be nerfed as well to make up for it. That way players wouldn't have such a ruff time moving up the mob ladder and loosing a ton of ped on one bad hunt that they couldn't make back up the next few. It would be nice if they at least did this with "Boss" or "Event" monsters that the company spawns or players summon, since it takes an incredibly long time to hit the middle ground that the company has aimed for in loot returns to players (96-98%?). At least at this time. Its not like you can summon the creatures and hunt 10k of them to hit that return ratio, granted the markup on the items would be sky high to start with but the losses to start with could also cause people to never come back to them again so the design time that went into the creatures would turn to be pointless until the player base grew enough to summon them faster if they ever could.

You could also in theory bind different loot calls to change depending on how much of that creature was hunted with more stable calls given to lower hunted amount of creatures so it became a risk and reward function. You could risk hunting something everyone was hunting for larger percentage returns, but you would have to hunt it more times to have the chance to get the large return. Or you could hunt something that no one was hunting, but while you might not get the hof and have a hard time getting a decent global you might be able to walk away with some decent mark up items.

Loot 2.0 starts punishing you if you don't kill the mob in under 10s. Max punishment after ~5 min or so

You would expect the biggest mob ingame to loot something better than 40%

You would expect the biggest mob ingame to loot something better than 40%

Yes if u do a sample size of 1000 mobs. Which other mob in game gives an item every 2 loots ?? Do u know of any?

Sorry but the OP rant ( and u know i love u jacker) does not make any sense whatsoever. The loot we already know has got bigger swings now and as such be it small or big mob it will be same.

PS: I do believe Husk needs to be made easier to spawn as its fucking crazy currently.

Loot 2.0 starts punishing you if you don't kill the mob in under 10s. Max punishment after ~5 min or so

Are u sure on this as my biggest hits have come for mobs that i died on and took longest to kill.

No, they specifically said this was not the case, and that there was no such mechanic..

Hussked again?!
Anyhow I think items for the hussk should drop more often, so the hussk can Ben spawned at least twice a week

Kill 10k Husk and then come back and post some SERIOUS statistics. For now it's just 2 kills!

It's dynamic and long term! :tongue2:

Most likely they only have one loot call used for all creatures in the game. So you would have to hunt even more large creatures to hit the 95% or whatever balance they have that is seen on the smaller mobs. Hence why everyone tells all the new players to hunt at or below their levels as they don't have the Ped to cycle to get to the mid point, they either loose or they either win more then that. Seeing as a ton of kills are in the loosing category you would have to hunt a large creature a ton to hit the same return percentage as a small creature not counting markup on stuff.

It would make more sense if they created several different loot calls for level ranges of creatures such that higher level creatures would have less of a loss on the low end but globals and hofs on them would be nerfed as well to make up for it. That way players wouldn't have such a ruff time moving up the mob ladder and loosing a ton of ped on one bad hunt that they couldn't make back up the next few. It would be nice if they at least did this with "Boss" or "Event" monsters that the company spawns or players summon, since it takes an incredibly long time to hit the middle ground that the company has aimed for in loot returns to players (96-98%?). At least at this time. Its not like you can summon the creatures and hunt 10k of them to hit that return ratio, granted the markup on the items would be sky high to start with but the losses to start with could also cause people to never come back to them again so the design time that went into the creatures would turn to be pointless until the player base grew enough to summon them faster if they ever could.

You could also in theory bind different loot calls to change depending on how much of that creature was hunted with more stable calls given to lower hunted amount of creatures so it became a risk and reward function. You could risk hunting something everyone was hunting for larger percentage returns, but you would have to hunt it more times to have the chance to get the large return. Or you could hunt something that no one was hunting, but while you might not get the hof and have a hard time getting a decent global you might be able to walk away with some decent mark up items.

Actually I'm pretty sure they mentioned something about tweaking the loot mechanics for larger mobs in a recent update, not sure where to find that comment though.

smaller multis (i.e. 2.5x-25x) are extremely common in loot 2.1.... if anything you're chances to hit a massive hussk ATH are greater now than they were before 2.1.

a single 25x is 175,000 ped... that's insane....

let's not forget 300x are still a really really common multiplier... 2,100,000 ped ATH anyone?

MA/Ludvig.... if you're listening... the above is how you do a publicity stunt... $210k ATH > $10k dagger.

Are u sure on this as my biggest hits have come for mobs that i died on and took longest to kill.
You get more loot on those because you spend more.
You probably get more % shrapnel too.

Aurli Majestic that takes me 5 minutes returns me 100% shrapnel
Aurli Weaks that I let regen over and over return 100% shrapnel (I had one that returned 20pec nonshrapnel from 5ped loot)
Aurli weaks I normally, 60% shrapnel

Not entire sure how the decay function works (whether it is timer or based on regen)

I'll create a thread to try and collate stats and figure it out.
For most mobs, it's probably the same algorithm, unless MA have tweaked the shrapnel returns on specific mobs.

No, they specifically said this was not the case, and that there was no such mechanic..

They explicitly stated this was the case. It's to discourage Eomon camping and wave manipulation. Instead of fixing the waves, they installed the Shrapper function.

Aurli Weaks that I let regen over and over return 100% shrapnel (I had one that returned 20pec nonshrapnel from 5ped loot)

Not entire sure how the decay function works (whether it is timer or based on regen)

For most mobs, it's probably the same algorithm, unless MA have tweaked the shrapnel returns on specific mobs.

They explicitly stated this was the case. It's to discourage Eomon camping and wave manipulation. Instead of fixing the waves, they installed the Shrapper function.

ive tested this and posted it lots of times already. when you exceed approx 200% of the cost to kill (at 3dpp) then your return is shrapnel only. they might have tweaked it a bit since ive done this test before loot 2.1 but the concept will still be valid. that means its only about cost to kill exceeding a point and nothing about time. well time is a factor on fast regen mobs but only as it increases your cost to kill over said point.

Actually I'm pretty sure they mentioned something about tweaking the loot mechanics for larger mobs in a recent update, not sure where to find that comment though.

Last time I remember them saying something about that, it was about reducing the number of high TT items (and particular ESIs) dropped by massive shared loots mobs. Since which time, they appear to have increased the number of high TT items (and particular ESIs) dropped by massive shared loots mobs.

smaller multis (i.e. 2.5x-25x) are extremely common in loot 2.1.... if anything you're chances to hit a massive hussk ATH are greater now than they were before 2.1.

a single 25x is 175,000 ped... that's insane....

let's not forget 300x are still a really really common multiplier... 2,100,000 ped ATH anyone?

MA/Ludvig.... if you're listening... the above is how you do a publicity stunt... $210k ATH > $10k dagger.

dagger cost 2 snikers bars for MA , 210k tt ath is a bit more

No, they explicitly stated this was not the case.

[h=2]Developer Notes #12 - Loot 2.0 Follow-Up[/h]To best achieve Optimal Loot:
  • Be sure to have the Hit Ability and Damage profession requirements maxed (10.0/10.0) on the weapon your avatar is using.
  • Avoid over-amping (using a weapon amplifier that adds more than 50% of the maximum damage of the weapon to which it is equipped).
  • Minimize healing costs and the need to interrupt damage dealing to heal.
In general, the lower the cost to kill a creature, the higher the proportion of loot composition will be Optimal Loot. There is no inherent “kill timer” for each creature; Optimal Loot is calculated based on costs, not on time.

Seriously?

I think you're all missing Hijacker's point by talking about TT.

I think his grievance is that the hardest, biggest, most expensive mob in game is just dropping shrapnel + the occasional (L) TT item.

TT in/out being around 95% and the volatility that brings hasn't really ever been the issue, it's that hunting has been plain dull for a long time.

wrong... it still costs MA nothing as the loot pool is filled by the players and not MA. thats why we all have 80% tt return now so the noobs can hit their 7k kerbs.

and this is why 2.1mil aths will never happen.... returns would be absolutely shit for 2-3 weeks prior or after a hit like that....

players pay into the pool for the big hits.. it's parimutuel wagering... always has been.

its strange . every time i hit multiple crits on a mob all i get is the minimum shrap drop

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?300259-Developer-Notes-14-Loot-2-0-Update

Effects of Critical Hits/Damage on Loot
Also, the composition of loot improves in such cases and results in a lower proportion of Shrapnel in loot. In other words, the use of items or consumables that provide increased Critical Hit Chance or Critical Damage can never have a negative effect on loot returns.

Whenever I crit with arson chip on a medium hp mob it usually results in low amount of shrapnel and more of materials, although it is not always. But it seems like crits increase the chance of reducing total shrapnel amount in loot :)

I wonder if crits increase the chance of getting very rare items as well, since it increase the chance to get more from the mobs loot table instead of shrapnel.

Back