Question: WTF is wrong loot?

You would expect the biggest mob ingame to loot something better than 40%

I just expect it to loot hardly any shrapnel and about 10 rare items and a few new discoveries. The ped value is irrelevant on rare mobs but they better have super rare loot.

You would expect at least some vanity items, or blueprints to make some vanity items or something to help drive some markup so the spenders spend and the people that are looking to make some money on markup will make some money on markup.

I just expect it to loot hardly any shrapnel and about 10 rare items and a few new discoveries. The ped value is irrelevant on rare mobs but they better have super rare loot.

Super rare loot that drops every time?

Super rare loot that drops every time?

I think husk should poop golden dung and loot rainbow kitten pets and grant a buff that solves lag for 1 hour after participating in the kill.

That would be just dandy.

Loot 2.0 starts punishing you if you don't kill the mob in under 10s. Max punishment after ~5 min or so

What ? I love to solo hunt large stuff.. even with a good weapon and a healer on me i wont get under 10sec. Maybe 30sec.. 5 min if I use that long time, i must be way to unlucky and got a lot of crit and died :D

Most likely they only have one loot call used for all creatures in the game. So you would have to hunt even more large creatures to hit the 95% or whatever balance they have that is seen on the smaller mobs. Hence why everyone tells all the new players to hunt at or below their levels as they don't have the Ped to cycle to get to the mid point, they either loose or they either win more then that. Seeing as a ton of kills are in the loosing category you would have to hunt a large creature a ton to hit the same return percentage as a small creature not counting markup on stuff.

This is what most people struggle with in this game, most people don't have the patience to hunt at their level and end up losing a lot of ped too fast and quit or go on a break. (their level, according to MA or the way the game is currently designed, would be hunting a mob about half your highest weapon level, so if you are level 30 laser sniper, then hunt no higher than level 15 mobs, if your ped card can afford it)

But, I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 loot calls, one for each of the main professions, because manufacturing and mining still have 'no loots' whilst hunting no longer does, so:

- 1 loot call for hunting loot
- 1 loot call for mining finds
- 1 loot call for crafting results

the Crafting loot call probably includes other things like coloring, texturing, tiering, etc... Unless there's another loot call for all of those...

Back