Maintenance/downtime

krogfan

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Aurora Linzey Zamperath
We are currently doing big maintenance of the computerpark and servers at my place wich means entropiawiki will be down for a while.

I dont know the exact timeframe and if somebody else wants to host it then should talk to moderator 711

MA should just step in and offer some servers to host this site, it's an invaluable resource to the community that nearly all active players use.

Hope we'll see it back up soon.

I use it so much I would be willing to put it up on my AWS for free.

Well we updated it and recoded alot and have been hosting for free.

At the moment we are doing other jobs that makes us having to take it down briefly.

It was hosted on a 10k dollar server alone, that same server will have its original purpose filled and the pedia willbe moved to a more suiting server and yes I welcome anybody would like to host it that has the longterm resources to do so, meanwhile I will put it back up shortly.

//Linzey

thanks for hosting it!
pedia willbe moved to a more suiting server and yes I welcome anybody would like to host it that has the longterm resources to do so, meanwhile I will put it back up shortly.

What size is the database and is there a place to download it?

What size is the database and is there a place to download it?

The database is public, ask 711 he has it backuped. Only userdata is secret.

MA should just step in and offer some servers to host this site, it's an invaluable resource to the community that nearly all active players use.

Hope we'll see it back up soon.

haha nice try. ma cant afford the servers for their own game lol.

The database is public, ask 711 he has it backuped. Only userdata is secret.

The link to the old data is dead. PM me a message with the system requirements. I will see what I can do to setup something in AWS. I will be happy to host it just to get it back on line. It has to be hurting land owners because people can't find the mobs.

I also have the resources to host, but this might be a better option for everyone. A lot of other games have moved to the wikia platform which is also free and reliable.

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Central:Moving_your_wiki_to_FANDOM

I don't think this would work since entropiawiki has a lot of custom tools and charts interacting with each other that might be impossible to perfectly transfer over to a wikia, or just take way more effort than anybody is willing to put in

I don't think this would work since entropiawiki has a lot of custom tools and charts interacting with each other that might be impossible to perfectly transfer over to a wikia, or just take way more effort than anybody is willing to put in

Wikia is built upon MediaWiki.. what platform does EntropiaWiki currently use?

Once the wiki comes back up, I may email the devs over there and have them take a look and offer any advice. It's one of those things that it might just require the work once, but would definitely be worth it for all, and I'm betting we have enough coders willing to donate a bit of time to make it happen, I know I would at least.

Thank you for hosting! :yay:

Thx for hosting it Linz :wtg::wtg::yay:

Didn't know you did that! Thanks, any status update yet?

I'd be happy to help with hosting needs and even some dev work to make things better. Would just need to know how powerful a server that is needed (ie, traffic levels, the efficiency of code, etc.) before I commit to anything. I'm a professional developer, so I have a bunch of different resource options for hosting available.

I'm sure we all know how frustrating it is when you can't get the info you need and your left hanging. Would love to help that frustration go away.

last night I had a dream where entropiawiki was up :computer:

is more than a week since wiki is down and i bet is impacting a lot of players

are we really not able to find a working solution ?? :scratch2:

Dont see why they wouldnt put it up on azure and call it a day. It would be incredibly simple.

I'd be happy to help with hosting needs and even some dev work to make things better. Would just need to know how powerful a server that is needed (ie, traffic levels, the efficiency of code, etc.) before I commit to anything. I'm a professional developer, so I have a bunch of different resource options for hosting available.

I'm sure we all know how frustrating it is when you can't get the info you need and your left hanging. Would love to help that frustration go away.

thank you for your generous offer!

maybe 711 and/or Linzey didnt see it. can you try to contact them?

I appreciate anyone running a free service, but it's been down a while and people rely on access to this information daily, information that is essentially publicly owned. Could you please at least make a database dump so someone can put up at least a temp site?

I appreciate anyone running a free service, but it's been down a while and people rely on access to this information daily, information that is essentially publicly owned. Could you please at least make a database dump so someone can put up at least a temp site?
Yeah, we definitely need an alternative. I would offer to help but I'm not a web developer. :confused:

That was a harsch way with words, 711 has the database and Im pretty sure its a public link somehwere for it aswell. We dont own anything we just helped rewriti g the code so it stayed up and hosted it on a server here, atm I need a new harddrive for that server since one has crashed.

I will buy a new one and host it again or you can put your money where your mouth is and host it yourself.

Weve put probably 100+ workinghours into it and ofc some money for hardware and electrics and your way of saying it sounds like Ive stolen something......

Reactions: Mac
That was a harsch way with words, 711 has the database and Im pretty sure its a public link somehwere for it aswell. We dont own anything we just helped rewriti g the code so it stayed up and hosted it on a server here, atm I need a new harddrive for that server since one has crashed.

I will buy a new one and host it again or you can put your money where your mouth is and host it yourself.

Weve put probably 100+ workinghours into it and ofc some money for hardware and electrics and your way of saying it sounds like Ive stolen something......

I must admit, it's a bit harsh for people to be complaining that a completely free (and advert free) service ran purely by a community team isn't online.

Even a month, 2 months, whatever, the service is provided without obligation and therefore Linzey et al shouldn't be obliged to stick to a time frame.

I said I appreciated you hosting it.

However, it still stands that many people have input that information and many rely on it. I (and several others) just asked for a new dump because the last one by 711 is a year old and there are many new things since then. You yourself said "if anyone wants to host it". Well, to do that one would need the updated database, which resides on your server now, no?

But hey, nevermind...

Back