Maintenance/downtime

progress?

"The service is unavailable."

regardless of below and as above, many thanks for hosting it & optimizing the code as well

as you are aware sent you a pm & offered hosting (as have a SLA contract with hosting services not being used) also sent to 711, no response so far
on not responding to pm - somehow you are terribly offended for me saying that MA meeting with players should be public otherwise it smells like corruption - funny as it is an obvious thing, pointing out your modshadow loot from mulciber and previous UL gun loots looks suspicious as of such undocumented meetings is only the logical next step

btw. who is "we" in this context, assuming lithuanians incl. kestukas/vvv who was writing the code for detecting waves?
That was a harsch way with words, 711 has the database and Im pretty sure its a public link somehwere for it aswell. We dont own anything we just helped rewriti g the code so it stayed up and hosted it on a server here, atm I need a new harddrive for that server since one has crashed.
I will buy a new one and host it again or you can put your money where your mouth is and host it yourself.
Weve put probably 100+ workinghours into it and ofc some money for hardware and electrics and your way of saying it sounds like Ive stolen something......

I have ordered a few new parts and If postal services works like it should (never happens here) then i should have it back up tomorrow but assuming one more day since postal services are shit.

//L

I have ordered a few new parts and If postal services works like it should (never happens here) then i should have it back up tomorrow but assuming one more day since postal services are shit.

//L

good to hear, thanks for the update

//L

Yay I get my wiki crack back

Many thanks for the effort and the free service you are offering to all the Entropia community.

regardless of below and as above, many thanks for hosting it & optimizing the code as well

but when server will be back fonctional , i'd like to have a complet backup of the database and website code for offering free backup possibility .

It's very kind of you doing all that free. But it's really badass that the main tool for DPS, list for all weapons, armors etc ... is unavailable when all the Merry Mayhem rules completly changed.

No possibility for all of us to correctly adjust our gear, stuff and compare it with existing data listed on the entropedia.info database.

So I don't ask you to make more that you already done for free, but think about other solutions that many of us (as Smilgs request) offer too.

Regards

Sweetyxx (for my case, I have a Virtual Private Sever anualy paid with 25Go storage I can provide)

but when server will be back fonctional , i'd like to have a complet backup of the database and website code for offering free backup possibility .

It's very kind of you doing all that free. But it's really badass that the main tool for DPS, list for all weapons, armors etc ... is unavailable when all the Merry Mayhem rules completly changed.

No possibility for all of us to correctly adjust our gear, stuff and compare it with existing data listed on the entropedia.info database.

So I don't ask you to make more that you already done for free, but think about other solutions that many of us (as Smilgs request) offer too.

Regards

Sweetyxx (for my case, I have a Virtual Private Sever anualy paid with 25Go storage I can provide)

I dont own the full database its still 711 that does that, hegets downloads frequently.

Ive stated that previously but it seems reading comprehension aint on the strong side, if it keeps spamming like this Id prefer to not host it.

I willget my disk tomorrow it seems but tbh this is mindarks obligation, we just took hostting when the old failed......

And Im lacking one server and have ordered parts, the choice was to close my own shop or the wikiserver so until I get my parts ofc itwas the wikiserver that had to close

I dont own the full database its still 711 that does that, hegets downloads frequently.

Ive stated that previously but it seems reading comprehension aint on the strong side, if it keeps spamming like this Id prefer to not host it.

I willget my disk tomorrow it seems but tbh this is mindarks obligation, we just took hostting when the old failed......

I just suggested MA to host a real time backup of this server know as the Bible of the game.

As I said in my previous post : thanks anyway for did the optimization of the code and hosting the website it.

And as I posted too , thank you sharing it for a secure and hight availability reason.

Really hope we'll see EntropiaWiki back up soon :(

There are many members of the community that are IT or System Admin professionals that are more than willing to help. We can make this a community effort.

not if the db owner (as indicated 711) is taking no interest in it...
There are many members of the community that are IT or System Admin professionals that are more than willing to help. We can make this a community effort.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

:yay: thank you ! :yay:
:yay: thank you !! :yay:
:yay: thank you !!! :yay:

i highly appreciate your effort here!

Many thanks for your work, it is much appreciated!

Dirk

my bible is online again !!!

thank you for your job !

Tools (Armor Advisor, Weapon Compare)? Mirror site?

Hi krogfan,

Thanks so much for getting the site back up! Your private message quota is exceeded so I could not PM you here on PCF.

Question: have you ever had the tools working, such as Armor Adviser (a key one for me personally, to select armors for an unfamiliar mob) and Weapon Compare?

If yes, then I should report that they are not working for me today.

If no, can you envision any way we can revive them?

I also suggest that a good approach for the community might be to add an additional high-speed mirror site (Smilgs has offered to provide one) hosted at a different URL, while maintaining the editable wiki as it is currently. The login page would pass through to the main site, so only anonymous users would be able to use the mirror.

Cheers
Professor Latha Serevi
NBK

Hi krogfan,

Thanks so much for getting the site back up! Your private message quota is exceeded so I could not PM you here on PCF.

Question: have you ever had the tools working, such as Armor Adviser (a key one for me personally, to select armors for an unfamiliar mob) and Weapon Compare?

I also suggest that a good approach for the community might be to add an additional high-speed mirror site (Smilgs has offered to provide one) hosted at a different URL, while maintaining the editable wiki as it is currently. The login page would pass through to the main site, so only anonymous users would be able to use the mirror.

Cheers
Professor Latha Serevi
NBK

Will reply in PM

Hi krogfan,

Cheers
Professor Latha Serevi
NBK

Weapon Compare V2 works fine for me, with the usual loading times and the occasional need to F5 when the tab is open for some time.

Thanks.

Loading is somewhat slow for me but everything seems to work.

Back