MAs intentions with loot 2.1

I HATE this adjustment with a capital H. I've failed to loot a drop over 100x in the last 3 years already, and now I feel that it will just be steady losses as long as I hunt. Also, there is no "payback" for what you've lost to everyone who suggests it constantly. Getting lucky is just that. If you flip a coin and get tails 10x in a row, the next flip has the same chance of being heads as the first one.

Whatever the intentions are, at the moment it's not working out except for those who get lucky. For me the rake has been much too high lately with too many 60% runs. The ~97% they were talking about seem only achievable with a massive global/hof shower within the sample period. But so far every deposit since 2.1 was eaten up in no time (before that it was okay for a brief duration). And no, it still doesn't make me pull out the card and pour in more money, the opposite instead. I'm done for the month again, maybe I'll give it another try next payday (20th) if I don't find something else to do.

If the variance is too large, drop down mob size. I know everyone says that, but it is now more true than ever

The return % is a function of your cycle size (#mobs to average return), which of course is a function of your bankroll. You need a larger bankroll to get to the average return now. And that's the way MA intends. It encourages cycling of ped into the system.

If the variance is too large, drop down mob size. I know everyone says that, but it is now more true than ever

The return % is a function of your cycle size (#mobs to average return), which of course is a function of your bankroll. You need a larger bankroll to get to the average return now. And that's the way MA intends. It encourages cycling of ped into the system.

doesnt it do the exact opposite? if it intends you to step down several mob sizes to be able to cycle over 100k of kills then they make you cycle less per hour which ultimatively hurts themselves as they earn less from decay from each person. dont see how this benefits anyone

I already do that. I'm hunting 50-200 hp mobs, could still go lower but even my patience has limits. It used to be a good rule of thumb before 2.0 to maintain a bankroll of at least 500 kills for whatever you're targeting, I'm aware this number is higher now. However, if sample sizes in the 4-digits aren't enough to equalize anywhere near the average target returns they published, then I consider it grounds enough for voicing my feedback here. My bankroll does not auto-adapt to someone else's decisions. I may consider increasing it if I see appropriate returns, not the other way around and not to mention the excessive frequency of required replenishments if I wanted to keep going. Thanks mate for the tips, I know it is well-meant.

And exactly this let me stop hunting. I dont have the time to cicle tons of ped per day on a creature.

I tried to work on the Kerb mission. But i lost the fun, if every run i do only get 50-60% payback, and maybe after 100000 kils you get a small global. I hunt Kerbs since a long time, but except my 560 ped hof and a 60 ped global, i always get 50-60%, what let me stop to kill Kerbs. Maybe if I kill 1 000 000 i get up to 80%? But hey, i dont have time to kill 1 000 000 of boring creatures.

Hunt is so bad for me. I loose to fast and get broke. With the same ped i can mine 50x longer as hunt.
I just dont like on mining, that realy all around are creatures. and at places without creatures, mining is most bad. So mining ever also need to kill creatures, and that is then like pay for prodect, if you get of 50 ped ammo only 15 ped back. (hunt for mining prodection).

My guess is lots of the "good" experience people had with 2.0 is simply those players that experienced an upswing in loot during that time frame, and the negative is those players experiencing a uncorrelated downswing at a later point in time...

no, has nothing to do with upswing.
It's a simple fact that loot 2.0 had a reduced volatility.
There were less hofs and less globals, but far more mini's.

Now you have a lot more 25~50% loots fewer mini's but more large hofs.
But the problem now is, that if you dont get that hof, you're simply fucked.

With loot 2.0 you didnt need a hof to get to decent returns.

So loot 2.1 is for the lucky player while loot 2.0 was for everybody.

yeah, but this is really fucked up.
Stepping down after losing your balls to big mobs just to see multi after multi on little shit mobs is even more frustrating.
After doing well on small mobs, getting 100%+ returns and making a few ped back, you step up again, just to lose big again.

Just to freaking frustrating!

With loot 2.0 you didnt need a hof to get to decent returns.

So loot 2.1 is for the lucky player while loot 2.0 was for everybody.

This sums it up. Now consider which environment brings about more deposits, collectively? MA had the right idea there with 2.0. I appreciate we're still in the experimental phase, just not with my wallet ^^

This sums it up. Now consider which environment brings about more deposits, collectively? MA had the right idea there with 2.0. I appreciate we're still in the experimental phase, just not with my wallet ^^

The right idea, for you. And those who play in your style.

But evidently for the game, it was an utter disaster, and the rectification in "2.1" is either worse or has come too late (and to be fair is marred with the terrible lag).

Just a sidenote to a crazy discussion is that Ive experienced no difference if excecuted well on big mobs nor small.

The big mobs OFC has bigger swings but seems very doable if you have DPS enough.

//L

The right idea, for you. And those who play in your style.

Yes indeed.
And I can understand that the hard core gamblers wanted less loot and more hofs.
Since smaller loots don't stimulate their hormone production enough.

Yes indeed.
And I can understand that the hard core gamblers wanted less loot and more hofs.
Since smaller loots don't stimulate their hormone production enough.

Well I'm neither a hardcore gambler nor someone whose modus operandi is to spend $1/hr. But anyway my point was, the mass exodus which occurred during the loot changes of 2017 (all encompassing). Evidently the new system(s) hasn't worked.

Well I'm neither a hardcore gambler nor someone whose modus operandi is to spend $1/hr. But anyway my point was, the mass exodus which occurred during the loot changes of 2017 (all encompassing). Evidently the new system(s) hasn't worked.

In the end it only counts how the picture looks on the other side. Are there more people who are enslaved to their impulses and will throw at it whatever it takes, or more who tend to become ever more anal-retentive the faster their money is consumed? Is the business healthier living off a handful of whales, or off a broad base of lighter customers who are just as motivated to return? I guess the whales cause fewer support cases, but piss one off and 1/5 of your revenue is gone. We'll see.

well, I have to admit I had my doubts as well after reading about all those sell outs, but when you break apart who yelled the hardest, those were the TT profiteers.
They cycled a lot yes, generated a lot of decay yes, but they also drained the pool for the rest.
So I dare to argue that tht wash out it was that bad :rolleyes:

No difference loot 2.0 to 2.1 neither here stable ~95% which is not sustainable with the general MU. And quite a difference from 98% claimed average.
Even for loot 2.0 my tt return hardly changed except 1 month if only considering since August 2016. The migration was worst I have experienced though.
Just a sidenote to a crazy discussion is that Ive experienced no difference if excecuted well on big mobs nor small.

Loot is more terrible than ever

I'm a mid level player, just hit level 57 BLP Pistoleer. I have deposited $100 in the last month, and barely got a few hours hunting off it before my PED card was empty. I don't even remember what it's like to HOF. I mean comon, does anyone think this loot system is better than before? MA is clearly shafting not just the UBERS, but mid level, and most likely noob players alike. And all these people berating the UBER's is not so smart. If an UBER cannot even hunt without losing a ton of PED, what does that say for the rest of us who can't afford that gear? TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. Now that I said my 2 cents I'll read what everyone else has to say.

I see some ppl never heard of loot 2.1, here it is:
- loot 2.0 announcement: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...298019-Developer-Notes-11-Loot-2-0&highlight=
- loot 2.1 announcement: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Developer-Notes-14-Loot-2-0-Update&highlight=

In 2.1 (dev notes #14) they said:

Loot Distribution Changes
As many participants have already noticed, changes have recently been made to hunting loot distribution, specifically regarding loot volatility and loot sizes. The overall net hunting return was not affected by these changes, but rather the frequency and size of various loot outcomes as a means of promoting more interesting and exciting loot outcomes and removing some of the more frustrating outcomes that were previously possible (especially on larger creatures).

which at least for me meant way higher loot volatility than in 2.0. I have an impression that even higher than in per-2.0. Funny enough they claimed by this change they promote more interesting and exciting loot outcomes and remove some of the more frustrating outcomes. But reading this thread it seems they achieved quite the opposite effect :laugh: Well, maybe they made it more interesting for hof chasers but definitively more frustrating for majority of hunters.

it's certainly nice that they want to make playing cheaper....
however, in the current design short term is about up to 2.5 times as expensive as in loot 1.0, which kinda defeats the whole making the game cheaper intention....

I'm wondering what MA was thinking....

I've tracked my last 50k ped cycled:
@8k ped cycled: 84,99% return
@10k ped cycled: 97% return (this was the only time i've been at 97% return)
@50k ped cycled: 91,6% return

Back