PC compet deeds

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
As the subject of compet deeds apparently has been banned from PCF I was wondering if this maybe is a good place to discuss the price of compet deeds?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?301137-Compet-Deeds-payout
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?301147-Compet-Deeds-Not-compet-Game

Because regardless of what 711 writes, compet deeds are still items that are sold through entropia supported channels and we should be able to discuss this here.
Deeds can be bought from auction and are just regular ingame items.
I see no reason we should not be able to discuss compet deed prices.

I'm not a compet player and have nothing to do on a (dead) compet forum.
I'm an entropian wishing top discuss ENTROPIA items.

If compets dont belong to entropia, please take them out of the entropia universe. But as long as I'm able to buy through normal means I feel we have the right to discuss them! we have to know what we buy, right? :wise:

So, lets start a price check on the compet deeds.

At the moment they go for about 90 ped. imho, this is to much for a pixel piece of paper with no revenue nor purpose.

Discuss if you like.

in before lock :scratch2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

in before lock :scratch2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

well, if this thread gets locked for just discussing a price for an ingame item, then sky is really falling for the compeet deed holders.

So, the fact that this could be locked says something about the price and price expectation.

I think it's disgrace that two million dollars worth of deeds sold within Entropia Universe are apparently banned from being discussed within the offical game forum.

Anyway there's a lot of revenue on those deeds, from shields to trinkets based on diamond burn.

The third party team is still working on it, but official MA staff no longer post to compet forum, just the third party company.

Price check 100 ped+

Rick

I think it's disgrace that two million dollars worth of deeds sold within Entropia Universe are apparently banned from being discussed within the offical game forum.

Anyway there's a lot of revenue on those deeds, from shields to trinkets based on diamond burn.

The third party team is still working on it, but official MA staff no longer post to compet forum, just the third party company.

Price check 100 ped+

Rick

100 ped+, but Rick, that's purely based on your emotions.
Nothing rational about it.
On what is that 100+ ped based?
Any known or projected ROI?

Or is that 100+ ped based on what you hope it will be?

100 ped+, but Rick, that's purely based on your emotions.
Nothing rational about it.
On what is that 100+ ped based?
Any known or projected ROI?

Or is that 100+ ped based on what you hope it will be?

Based on revenue accumulation, since the start of the game. Who ever owns the deeds at first payout get it.

Now you could argue that after MA payout the first payment, then the price could fall.

It is 30% of total collected revenue. not like CLD's which was planet partner percentage only

Plus the game still has a team working on it, whom are most likely following a development scope provided to them by MA. I think the game should take another direction, but that's another issue.

MA don't say a lot, although it's most likely that any future pet update would incorporate Compet in some way.

I'm not saying the future is bright, but it's not dead.

Rick

Based on revenue accumulation, since the start of the game. Who ever owns the deeds at first payout get it.

Now you could argue that after MA payout the first payment, then the price could fall.

It is 30% of total collected revenue. not like CLD's which was planet partner percentage only

Plus the game still has a team working on it, whom are most likely following a development scope provided to them by MA. I think the game should take another direction, but that's another issue.

MA don't say a lot, although it's most likely that any future pet update would incorporate Compet in some way.

I'm not saying the future is bright, but it's not dead.

Rick

Here's some simple maths:

Total deeds sold: 200,000. Deed Price: 100ped (I know a bunch sold at 120ped, but lets take the lower value for all as we don't know the split).

Revenue share: 30%.

So for each deed to be worth 100ped (2M total $), MA would have had to turn over $6.66M. Now, based on the info here, the average US player spent $87. Now, we know all players are not US players (and therefore, are likely to be less well-off financially) and this includes a lot of very expensive games, but lets say an average of $75 per person per year.

This would mean that MA would have had to achieve 88,800 "player years" in Compet. Even assuming that the spend would be the same during the beta as live release on iOS/Android stores, this would mean a minimum of 44,400 active players each year.

Do you really think that 44,400 players spent >$75 on Compet, over 2017? I don't. But whatever your guess of the active players who are spending this amount, it's easy to work out value. I'd assume there may be around 2,000 players who have spent this much over the game years, which would make the compet deeds worth:

2000/44400 = 0.045

0.045*100 = 4.5ped each.

Obviously then you factor in the ROI over the next X years the game is active; if we just assume flat rate for the next 3 years, this would be a revenue share of

2000 * 75 * 3 * 0.3 / 200000 = 0.675 (6.75ped, per share)

So the max I would personally say a Compet deed is worth, would be around 7 or 8 ped each.

I would say the 50 ped, but that is down to people like Rick who really wishes that one day that MA will pay out on them one day. They might sell for 90 ped today, but longer MA do not pay out on them the price will drop and you will get some people just buy them for hell of having them. People will buy all sorts of worthless shit in this game.

If i am not mistaken I read a post where MA promised to release in January or February, and then said they never specified the year.... So I would be a small price spike as the promised release month approaches and then a major drop when it ends.

So +85 up to 90 as the date approaches. and +60-70 after it passes.

so it wold be key for MA to stall that payment as long as possible to keep the hopes (and thus the price) up.

So for each deed to be worth 100ped (2M total $), MA would have had to turn over $6.66M.

$6.66m though would be full payback on 100 ped per deed, you could take a similar argument with Ark deeds. Blimey it took 5 years for CLD to return 1000 ped in revenue.

With 100 compet deeds, you'd only need 33.4 deposits of $20 to earn one ped. If it was based on deposits.
Although revenue such as diamond burn can be generated just playing the game, getting diamonds then using them. It's revenue, so therefore cost (free diamonds) doesn't really matter, revenue is still being generated.

Sure MA reduced the number of free diamonds now, although it's still possible to find them in the forest against rare mobs.

It sucks when they're not paying out the revenue though, that's for sure.

Rick

$6.66m though would be full payback on 100 ped per deed, you could take a similar argument with Ark deeds. Blimey it took 5 years for CLD to return 1000 ped in revenue.

With 100 compet deeds, you'd only need 33.4 deposits of $20 to earn one ped. If it was based on deposits.
Although revenue such as diamond burn can be generated just playing the game, getting diamonds then using them. It's revenue, so therefore cost (free diamonds) doesn't really matter, revenue is still being generated.

Sure MA reduced the number of free diamonds now, although it's still possible to find them in the forest against rare mobs.

It sucks when they're not paying out the revenue though, that's for sure.

Rick

Well yes, of course, which is why I included the future (3Y) revenue stream. But unfortunately even this included, the deeds are close to 10x their value at the moment.

I think you might have the idea of revenue a bit mixed too - what MA are saying is that you will get 30% of the sale value of the diamonds sold. So not purchases for packs or whatever else the user can purchase, but specifically the diamonds.

I've said this before, I'll say it again - any deed owner should be seriously concerned with how MA are handling the feed of information. Due to this (and no actual figures of revenue, player numbers, etc) 100ped valuations of the deeds are crazyness.

So the max I would personally say a Compet deed is worth, would be around 7 or 8 ped each.

so, this wasnt so far off afterall :rolleyes:

Price check 100 ped+

Rick

If there ever was a red flag. MA trying to dissociate EU from Conpets in the lamest way possible.

I would value the deeds at around 5-10 ped each based on the current payout relative to other investments.

However in theory compet is supposed to be linked to the in game stables at some point in the future which I believe will encourage more entropians to use compet and spend money on the app.

With the prospect of this potential future revenue I might value the deeds a little higher than their current dividend worth.

I think the problem we have at valuing the compet deed is that we don't know how the monthly revenue has changed over the last year, only that it paid out x after 1 year... If the revenue has been slowly growing then this is promising. If the revenue has been stagnant or has declined each month since launch then this is worrying.

As more months go by we will get a better impression of the deeds value :)

However in theory compet is supposed to be linked to the in game stables at some point in the future which I believe will encourage more entropians to use compet and spend money on the app.

In theory space was suppose to be a wonderful place full of transport missions.....still waiting on that.
How about the citizenship where every CLD owner can purchase land and there would be voting, etc ...still waiting on that (granted they released some plots).
On the topic of plots, so much for the additional buildings you could make...still waiting on that.

Should i really go on...we can just add compet integration to EU to the ever growing list of things promised and not impleted by MA....those holding deeds are going to be waiting a very long time. This whole fiasco hasn't stopped people from playing EU...they still spend money, so why would MA really care?

Compet Deeds have an increase ROI potential, so I'd value these at around 15 ped each, more is just market fever based on a price definitely out of real range for a decent deal.

Unfortunately, they are worth nothing.

That tiny payout, was an accumulation of the last 2 years. They would need to be sold for under 1 ped each for a half decent return.

Potential future payments.....MASSIVE PINCH OF SALT. They have already failed, mostly due to lack of ANY advertising.

If you are relying on future payments by linking to stables, don't forget the stables STILL have not had their promised stuff yet, since they were first introduced years ago.

Don't hold your breath, the next payout wont happen in march, it will be in April, probably because there is nothing to pay out.

Rgds

Ace

wow. Latest update screwed game up royally... can't even get in to forest... only pet available in shop is a snake that costs 500 diamonds... what a way to make the game more interesting to new folks to increase the player base.

wow. Latest update screwed game up royally... can't even get in to forest... only pet available in shop is a snake that costs 500 diamonds... what a way to make the game more interesting to new folks to increase the player base.

Quick buy compet deeds before they skyrocket in price!

i mentioned the forest been closed on PCF and no one else mentioned it or talked about it on this or compet forum, started to think it was just me. plus fog is covering some of my buildings making them useless.

made support case days ago, nothing so posted on compet

i mentioned the forest been closed on PCF and no one else mentioned it or talked about it on this or compet forum, started to think it was just me. plus fog is covering some of my buildings making them useless.

made support case days ago, nothing so posted on compet
on fog, move bldg to another spot temporarily?

Back