Real Estate

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
Hi I am interested in either getting a land plot and building a house or an apartment or condo or something of similar ilk.

How much does an empty plot go for?(All sizes please)
How much does that plot go for with a building?
Subquestion, Is the size of the building limited to plot size or a fixed size/floorplan.
How much does it cost to build your own house?

How much is an apartment/condo?(In various locations)

I am only looking for a place in calypso.

Hi I am interested in either getting a land plot and building a house or an apartment or condo or something of similar ilk.

How much does an empty plot go for?(All sizes please)
How much does that plot go for with a building?
Subquestion, Is the size of the building limited to plot size or a fixed size/floorplan.
How much does it cost to build your own house?

How much is an apartment/condo?(In various locations)

I am only looking for a place in calypso.

I feel I can answer the last question "How much is an apartment/condo?(In various locations)"

Apartments on Caly have come up in price a lot over the years, I remember buying them for around 350 ped back in 2008, not so anymore.

There's 3 sizes, the A, B, E and F are the small ones, then the C, D and H are your mid-size apartments, and G is the largest one with an extra room and the highest number of item points (I think 200). These are the same in all cities, from Treasure Island to Sakura, Genesis and Omegaton, they are all the same.

The small ones are a really good deal now at around 700 if you can get them for that, if you are going to buy it from the auction, you'll likely pay around 800.

The mid-size ones seem to be around 900-1000.

The 'G' apartment is very rare and you'll probably end up paying anywhere from 1600-2000 ped if you want that one.

Now as far as location goes, it could be argued that some locations are worth more than others but in the end, it will all come down to availability I'm afraid.

An apartment in TI City Platinum is worth more, not only because it is right next to the TP and thus much more convenient, but also because they are rarely seen on auction. So your mid-size apartment in Platinum could end up fetching as much as 1400 or 1500 to the right buyer.

Bilton Towers is probably the rarest of them all, even in 2008 when I bought a bunch of apartments, I was only able to snatch 1 or 2 of those, today they are even harder to come by, so they could end up fetching a lot.

Apartments on RT and Ark seem to be valued at around 2k ped each, so Caly has some catching up to do, mainly because so many buildings were created a long time ago that the supply exceeded the demand for so many years.

Supply and demand for apartments on Caly seems to be balancing out now and it's possible that we will see more apartments being released by MA in a year or two if prices keep rising.

Good luck o/

Legends

I feel I can answer the last question "How much is an apartment/condo?(In various locations)"
That's a somewhat accurate assessment, but there's actually a lot more to it than that...

Overall, Arkadia Apartments, although not bigger than any Calypso apartment in item points, are going for more because of rarity. On Monria, the penthouses have swimming pools... Prices on Monria are going from 2-3 k for most... THE ONLY REASON THEY ARE GOING FOR SO MUCH ON THE MOON IMHO IS BECAUSE OF THE FREEBIE MOTHERSHIP RIDES, WHICH ARE STILL OVERPRICED VS OTHER MOTHERSHIP RIDE DEALS IF YOU COMPARE PRICE PER JUMP VS COST OF THE APARTMENT...

On Rocktropia the tangerine apartments have 400 item points each on main levels and the penthouses have 600 item points! That's a hell of a lot of item points on RT if you get in Tangerine. Even better, Mindark hasn't fucked with the RT apartments yet, removing the hallways from part of the item point assessment, as they did on Calypso a couple of years ago, making the hallways on Caly mostly dark...

A while back Neverdie said that only estate owners on RT can be in the Goverment, but I think he may change that rule eventually.

The little bitty new apartments on RT at the shithole in New Harlem (I think it's officially called shattler, and the logo/icon on it literally looks like a turd) only have about 30 or 40 each if I remember correctly...

I suggest doing some searches in the forum history for prices... in some cases you can actually find the same apartment sold and resold at different prices over time in the history...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...c-Estate-Guide&p=588154&viewfull=1#post588154 - useful thread... still love the diagram over there even if it's many years old, still somewhat accurate for most of Calypso:
Apartments1_low01.jpg

I'd also suggest looking for a location before randomly bidding... make sure you like it before you bid... also, if someone owns it already, contact them in game or in forum via pm or chat first so you can tell if they want to sell... some do. some don't. A large number of apartments still belong to the estate broker on Calypso in certain areas... if no one claimed it yet, it'll still show estate broker as owner at the terminal too... so who really owns what is a bit tricky... as the terminals only update AFTER someone claims it. Sometimes owners just resell and never actually claim.

As for plots... that's something entirely different than apartments...

-----------
somewhat not related questions, but may help you... here's a copy/paste of some info from the link list (see sig)....

SNUGly tucked in for the night:
The CLD Estate System
Snug the price to build
Snug and Garden +Plus more - Info Guide

From construction of my first Snug and two Garden plots, had decided to combine info/data from others, and add from my own personal experience the following info below. Hope this helps as I didn't want to keep going back and forth through various PCF posts on this subject matter during construction, gathering, planting, refining, and harvesting. Sure is a pricey profession, and hope MA further continues to expand and grow this area in the future (will have to wait and see). Also, feel free to inform me or update me on any info that is incorrect or needs updating, thank you and enjoy.

SNUG:

Level 1 (Foundation) (NOTE: 15 hour waiting/grace period to advance to next level)

Iron ingot - 340
Basic nuts - 1000 (BP requires Belk and Oil)
T-angle - 40 (BP requires Short Midastree boards and Short Stinktree boards)
Reinforced sheet metal - 1000 (BP requires Gazz ingot and Lytairian Powder)

Level 2 (Rough Framing) (NOTE: 15 hour wait period)

Composite planks - 120 (BP requires Lyst, Nanocubes, Oil, and each of L,M,S of Moonleaf boards)
Small plugs - 80 (BP requires Short Midastrees and Short Stinktree boards)
Reinforced nuts - 400 (BP requires Garcen Lube, Oil, and Narc ingot)
Garcen lubricant - 80 (refined from Garcen Greace)

Level 3 (Insulation) (NOTE: 1 day and 15 hour wait period)

Angle - 20 (BP requires Short Firn board and Short Stinktree boards)
Bend - 16 (BP requires Short Midastree and Firn Boards)
Basic sheet metal - 1800 (BP requires Alicinies Gel and Narc ingot)
Large plug - 100 (BP requires Short Midastree and Short Stinktree boards)

Level 4 (Finalisation)
- free to build. (30 item points only inside)

Referenced from PCF here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?288065-Snug-the-price-to-build

(Bristlehofs, Armaxes, Shinkibas, & using PH-3s any1, lol)

GARDEN:

Level 1 - (Basic Structure construct)

Basic Nuts - 24
T-Angle - 4
Copper Ingot - 14

Level 2 - (Plant Slot units for inner structure)

Composite Plank - 2
Small Plugs - 12
Alicenies Gel - 12

Level 3 - (Solar-powered electrical hardware)

Angle - 2
Bend - 2
Advanced Cooling System Unit - 2 (BP requires Vibrant Sweat, Novas, Blazar, Frigulite, Robot thermal sensor, and Robot cooling unit)
Large Plug - 16

Level 4 (Garden Plot finalization) - Free to build.

Acorn Garden Building Vid Link in action: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Tube-Channel&p=3540986&viewfull=1#post3540986

Planting & Growing Seeds: - (NOTE: each level takes 1 hour wait period in order to open next level)

Level 1 - (Seed Germination)

Seed - only 1 of your choosing from Papplon, Bombardo, Caroot, or Haimoros (vibrant Sweat and Fruit refined makes seeds)
Basic Fertilizer - 50 (Refine by adding Fruit first then add Melchi Water to make Basic Fertilizer)
DNA Fragment A - 3

Level 2 - Nourish (stems thickens and grows)

Basic Fertilizer - 10
Energizer Crystal Cell - 2 (refined from Energized Crystal)
DNA Fragment B - 1

Level 3 - Nourish (plants keep growing)

Basic Fertilizer - 10
Dianthus Crystal Powder - 2 (refined from Dianthus Liquid)
DNA Fragment C - 1 (drops from Araneatrox)

Level 4 - Nourish (fully matured fruit)

Basic Fertilizer - 10
Light Liquid - 2 (refined from Lumis Leech)
DNA Fragment D - 1

Harvest - retrieve transgen plants, gain XP (shows in plot management window), and get alot of unprocessed water, lol.

Crafting and Refining Transgen Fruits:

Once all plants are harvested, you can combine them for certain crafting BPs (only use currently atm), upgrades ?, and future plot/garden implementations ? that are tbd from MA.

Transgen Haimoros + Alicenies Gel = Haimoros Gel
Transgen Caroot + Garcen Lubricant = Caroot Lubricant
Transgen Papplon + Magerian Spray = Papplon Spray
Transgen Bombardo + Angelic Flakes = Bombardo Flakes

Referenced from PCF here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?289865-Haimoros-Gel&p=3533054#post3533054

Other Links:
Farming pricing link here from PCF: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?288982-farming-the-price-to-grow

Rusty's Farming Services here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?289197-Rusty-Farming-Service

(Also, thank-you's goes out to Baron, Rusty, Phil, and Avalon_52 as well)
GL All and Farm On!
¸.•´¯`•.´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

Plots: Maps of Ithaca and Livas (and list of plot owners)
Plot exp points and Level
Rusty Farming Service

-------------------------------​
SLUM LORDs, I.E. Apartments: not a lot on apartments in most forums, etc. I do have an idea for a project that I may start up eventually that I wanted to start a few years back... If there's folks that do a lot of apartment dwelling, contact me via pm if you are interested in doing some running around in your building or the buildings of your neighbors recording stuff (estate terminal info, etc.) either on video or in a text format, shoot me a pm... It's a much bigger project and more time consuming than one person can really do, but might get more folks interested in wandering around the cities a bit...

Crazy estate notes thread...