PvP3 Questions

Donald

Stalker
Society
Retired
Donald "Don" Cleveland
I was wondering about the area known as PvP3. I realize that I have to get a shot to go there. How long does the shot last? Does it where off gradually or just time-out all at once?

Also, how bad is the PvP action in there? Can a little nobody newbie, such as moi, move around a little bit and see the sights, take some photos or will I be killed once I step across the boundery? I would particularly like to hear from other newbs who have been there and done that.

Thanks in advance for any information you have to share. I plan to visit there shortly, just loaded down with all sorts of goodies in my pockets, but won't say when... exactly.

Sincerely,
Donald

Hi
In my experince pvp3 is so bad as some people claim it to be, ive been there a few times myself, and most of the times you wont encounter another player there, and not everyone you meet in there is after your loot. However, if you see alot iof globals on hispidus, it might be a wise choise to stay away as most of them are located in pvp3.

Dunn

....And lots of annoying little merps! Oooooh...I Hate MERPS!!!!

As for the shot... It's a one time thing... doesn't wear off....

SB2 said:
....And lots of annoying little merps! Oooooh...I Hate MERPS!!!!

As for the shot... It's a one time thing... doesn't wear off....

That is... until you are killed in PVP3 :)

Hybrid said:
That is... until you are killed in PVP3 :)

Untill you get killed by another player that is. If you get killed by a mob it dosent wear off.

Just leave all your stackables ore/wool/hide in storage and you'll be fine. On that note anyone see that 2k loot PK today? Crazy.

It's usually pretty empty and as being killed by a mob doesn't lose you your shot I would say it's fine to have a wander around. At the worst you will get killed by a player and lose the shot. Some of the ppl there are actually quite nice so you could also try charming your way out of being shot ;)

Of course, you should remember to empty your inventory of stackables and avoid mining/hunting there unless you are prepared to lose any stackable items you may find. I know of one player who was too arrogant or forgetful to do this and lost some valuable bones they had looted earlier in space. Sadly, if my sources are correct, they didn't take this bad luck like a gentleman :)

a good idea would be to not enter the toxic zone via echidna, i have the feeling most people start there,so do pk'ers lure around in the northrn parts maybe. better start from chimera, not much mobs in your way.at least when i visited pvp3 i started frompandora once (big armax) and chimera, i never met another green dot, from the north i did.

nice area for photoshooting there, cool canyons.

Went on quite a rampage there a few days ago, and killed eight players, looted wool, skins, fruit, not much else I think. Then I ran into someone who did something nasty to me, and I ended up cleaned out! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Loss of 5 ped for the shot, + the ammo, + the decay.

But what a rush!

PS: Always carry some dung on you. Just in case you need your corpse to show some respect to your victor. :D

I have pked and mined PVP3 for ages.. and comign from a person that usually looks for other green dots, most of the time they are few and far between... There are certain areas that miners tend to hang out in, which i usually tried to patrol frequently when i was inside. Most of the newer players that come into the zone tend to hang out near the borders, where they feel a little safer... Although most of the time a good long range rifle takes care of that. More of the uber players as many have said tend to hang out near the center of the zone where they hunt hispidu, but they are mostly just a waste of ammo so no use trying to fight them... The real fun thing is killing their hunting partners that they are trying to protect!

Overall Pvp3 is a fun experience for anytime you are bored in the game... Just be careful as others have said with what you bring into the zone, and what you have looted while in the zone both hunting and mining... If you ever get heavy make sure to visit that storage ;P

My experience with my gear is to pick the opposite direction as soon as a green dot appears on the radar.

Kind of the same input as everyone else.

Been through there a few times. Nothing exciting. Never once saw another player anywhere near the area.

From what I remember, shot Daikibas, Berycleds and Feffoids, nothing exciting.

Picked a fight with a Hispidus. Got my clock cleaned. Never made that mistake again.

You're not missing anything. It's just one of those things people like to talk about. I guess that if you get killed by Major Rage, at least you'll have a story to tell. :)

I've looked around there a few times. Two of them I met the same hostile person (PKer), the first time was in the southern part of pvp3. Then I wasn't prepared and got hit. Recently, a few months later, I saw the person at echidna so I kind of was prepared. That time he started to follow me, but I managed to shake the fire off me and he followed me all the way to echidna :laugh:

What's in pvp3? Well, mining isn't more special than on other places. As for mobs, in the center of pvp3 is a group of Hispidus, and around them merps. Merps I don't think requires an introduction, if you want to see a hispidus there are some "lower" maturity (old instead of guardians/dominants) in the "blue zone" at the cost west of hadesheim (to get there the cheapest way is to swim SSW from Corinth).

nor said:
On that note anyone see that 2k loot PK today? Crazy.

Did you see an uberhof from the person that was killed before ?
No ? So its a fake pk loot.

The shot doesnt wear off till anothe rplayer in pvp3 kil soyu ive had my shot for ages ive only ever bought one and hopefully dont need another, and no you wont get killed as soon as you step in its quite empty actually and not a bad place to hunt some small daika's and exo's in the N of it. People are mostly in the middle around the hispidis ( :confused: ) but you get the odd person hereand there killing freely.

Sumy :umn:

just watch out for the green dot that says hyperion other than that ur ok :D

Donald I fear for your safety and am already worrying about your trip.

If you do decide to venture into pvp3 please take a few powerful friends with you and for sure not many stackables.

If you see a green dot on the radar and it is moving towards you quickly please don't assume it's a friend coming to greet you!

And drag any peds you win hunting onto your ped card to make 100% certain they can't be looted.

Oracle said:
And drag any peds you win hunting onto your ped card to make 100% certain they can't be looted.

Peds and pecs can't be looted.

Green dots are the meanest mobs around in pvp3
I like the area very much myself, mostly to hunt other miners, but if i meet the wrong person i turn into prey myself :)

You lose your toxic shot when you get killed, the money from your toxic shot is used for loot for the slayer and a little goes into the pvp3-lootpool (that's what's assumed).
There have been PK hofs that were real off ppl that didn't carry any stackables, cause money was taken from the pvp3-lootpool.

The Plan Shapes Up

Thanks for all the good replies. I am probably going to make an initial survey of the area today, just to see what's what, and who's that? At some point in the near future, I wish to put together another contest. It will be something along the lines of the OIl Rig Run, but I haven't sorted out the details yet. Any suggestions as to that will be appreciated and carefully considered.

Right! At this present moment I am off to purchase my injection so I can begin. Stay tuned...

Sincerely,
Donald

Back