Entropia Universe 15.15.4.2 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the valuable feedback we have received via the Client Loader poll related to recent lag and performance issues.

Today's release includes several improvements and fixes that have directly resulted from participants who shared detailed information on the issues they were experiencing via the poll.
The detailed information provided by our wonderful community enabled the MindArk development team to better isolate and more quickly address those issues.

The Client Loader poll will remain active for the next week or two as needed, so please consider reporting any lag or performance issues you may experience.

Finally, congratulations to Einar Lee Yap, winner of the 100 PED Shrapnel poll prize!
The same prize will be awarded next week to a random poll respondent.

The MindArk team appreciates your patience and assistance in this ongoing effort to resolve all of the recent and current performance issues.

Features
  • All skill gains are now displayed with actual value increase under system/skills in the chat user interface.

Fixes:
  • Several improvements to client and server stability.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

So where's the soc channel now in chat? Or are we not supposed to talk to our society members again?

Ik really hope it's fixed for those who had issues!

pvp rig mining lag now unnoticeable. further testing incoming

Finally, congratulations to Einar Lee Yap, winner of the 100 PED Shrapnel poll prize!

Congratulations to Shaolin's newest member and welcome to our neat society!

• All skill gains are now displayed with actual value increase under system/skills in the chat user interface.

Seems odd to me I get the same skill gains for using a dagger that does 86 dmg as i do for using the tt knife that does 5 dmg. I expected them to be weighted different because of the decay.. not sure what to think now.

The little bit i tested the skill gain msg with I did not see any lag at all which is nice so far.

Still nothing mentioned about my shity returns ... waiting for the Easter VU .
Tbh I’m used with the lag since the game started , so for me it’s like if I don’t have lag , I don’t have the feeling that i Play EU .

Seems odd to me I get the same skill gains for using a dagger that does 86 dmg as i do for using the tt knife that does 5 dmg. I expected them to be weighted different because of the decay.. not sure what to think now.

The little bit i tested the skill gain msg with I did not see any lag at all which is nice so far.

Amount might be same but frequency of gain can differ

Amount might be same but frequency of gain can differ

Yes. I suspect you'll find the frequency of skill gain ticks to be far less.

Now we can finally end the debate about the value of scopes and lasers!!!!

Still no mining boxes :scratch2:

Now we can finally end the debate about the value of scopes and lasers!!!!

We already knew in Loot 1.0 "Next to nothing that it was unnoticeable" except for the MA mistake of release the crit scopes/sights

In loot 2.0 "slightly increase loot pool, decrease or increase efficiency ever so slightly"

I dont seem to be able to logg in now cos the client loader stop responding. This issue i had after all updates the last half year and i had to restart it 3 times to get in but now it dont seem to help to restart it at all lol
Edit and after this post i tried and it seem to work lol

Lag is defiantly much better. I notice also that the green dots (other players) is much less because you have to be a lot closer for them to appear. I don't have the green dots at the outer rim of my radar all the time as I did before the release. Also I noticed that when inside a building I didn't see the green dots that were outside. I think I did before but not sure:).

Also I noticed the mob spawn if much better, that must have had to do with lag also. Lastly I seem to be getting a much better hit to miss ratio. I can't check it because Tracker is still down but I know my loot seems to be a little better which would make sense if I have less misses.

Can't Log In

D3D Error: (Failed creating the Direct3D Device)

Can't log in, I'm on Cyrene

-- Rebooting computer fixed it

giphy.gif

Last edited:
still having issues with auction and HoF board, which i suppose isnt the end of the world.

had one issue trying to switch weapons in about 30 minutes of being logged in.

please tell me that they didn't fuck with the frequency of skill gains...

Lowered rewards on Daily Bonus Missions?

I got the The Daily Manufacturer Category 1: Basic Screws Bonus Mission today, and got only 10[Daily Token]
It used to be 20.....

It would be nice of you to remember to include such info.....

Edit: I might be wrong about this:
nah that one's always been 10, the other four are 20 though

Last edited:
Lowered rewards on Daily Bonus Missions?

I got the The Daily Manufacturer Category 1: Basic Screws Bonus Mission today, and got only 10[Daily Token]
It used to be 20.....

It would be nice of you to remember to include such info.....

nah that one's always been 10, the other four are 20 though

The skill gain display is welcomed just still having lag issues. Everytime I log out it's mainly cause of Lag. Losing ped is one thing but losing it while screaming at your computer screen from lag is just another.

Now I just got to log into other games because some days I just want to play anything without lag because I want enjoyment. It is why I am playing a game to unwind from other frustrations.

So please focus on this issue and nothing else. Game play and server stability is a core issue and I would like to at least try the christmas event since I missed the Halloween event due to lag. In the end MA losses. If players can't cycle PED the longer they have that PED the more they think about withdrawing.

lag is unchanged for me, but i can relog 8-12 times until i get on a good server and then it's fine.

during peak times relogging repeatedly does nothing.

Incorrect time code.... over and over. reboot computer no avail..

update:

live support suggests I reinstall the game.. I might do that, or I will just wait.

update2:

reinstalled game, no difference.

Last edited:
:laugh: 0.00XX gain of skill, let's not forget that MA lowers the level of skill gains compared to what we earn before. between the Vu4 and the Vu 10 the gain has already been halved.
it reminds me of a Vu craft
Does it really calculate you before the comma? because they play in PECS on our loots while we play in PEDS :rolleyes:
hof2012.jpg

The pain is back, yesterday things were alot better, and today, back to the old stuff, loot lag, tool switch lag, tool use lag, heal lag..

So instead of explainig, I just made a video of a few mins of gameplay how I experience it all the time, even sneaked a global in there for a bit of excitment in lag hell.

You will notice I check the radar for lag in ms, and mostly its not bad, but the bad stuff keeps happening anyway.

The video is unlisted because i don't want to publish such bad experience in EU.

I experience no lag in other MMOs, and online games, this is unique to EU.

Features

I welcome the display in actual value of skillgains.

I would welcome a clarification that after 100 Agility, that I will only ever see:

[System] Your Agility has improved by 0.0000.

I have 200 Agility tokens in storage, I should use them now then?

I would welcome a clarification that after 100 Agility, that I will only ever see:

MA always does shit to 5dp, so I'd assume you're gaining between 0.00001 & 0.00004 Agility.

I saw a '0.0001' today (once) and I'm at 105 agility. Only 10,000 more until 106. Can't wait.

The pain is back, yesterday things were alot better, and today, back to the old stuff, loot lag, tool switch lag, tool use lag, heal lag..

So instead of explainig, I just made a video of a few mins of gameplay how I experience it all the time, even sneaked a global in there for a bit of excitment in lag hell.

You will notice I check the radar for lag in ms, and mostly its not bad, but the bad stuff keeps happening anyway.

The video is unlisted because i don't want to publish such bad experience in EU.

I experience no lag in other MMOs, and online games, this is unique to EU.

Just a tip: I get those "WeaponJam" (I belive you call it "tool use lag" ?) LagSpikes that I see you get allot to, but I was told to jump to resolve it - and it actually WORKS!
Whenever your weapon freezes while shooting, or Jams as I like to call it, just jump and you are back.
This does not work on other types of lag in my experience tho.

Last edited:
Back