Help: Mining Boxes Returned?

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Hearing rumors that some mining boxes have been looted as SOOTOs on caly..

wondering if anyone on here looted them and could speak as to their drop rate.

Been grinding last two days and found none.

and maybe MA could tell us one day if they are planned to drop on all planets or just caly. because when its just caly i would go on strike if i were a planet partner.

Yes the mining boxes do drop again. They are sometimes found as part of the loot from a "something out of the ordinary claim". This does make them fairly rare overall since getting such claims is pretty rare to begin with.

Currently they only drop on Calypso and the Asteroid but any planet that wants to have "something out of the ordinary" finds are free to add the mining boxes if they wish.

Yes the mining boxes do drop again. They are sometimes found as part of the loot from a "something out of the ordinary claim". This does make them fairly rare overall since getting such claims is pretty rare to begin with.

Currently they only drop on Calypso and the Asteroid but any planet that wants to have "something out of the ordinary" finds are free to add the mining boxes if they wish.

thanks for the insight! do the planet partner know that they can get the strongboxes as well? because that seems like a dealbreaker to mine anywhere else now...
and most of all: the strongbox (mining and beacon) have the 1 in the name. does that mean we will get higher tiered ones as well?

This does make them fairly rare overall since getting such claims is pretty rare to begin with.

i cycle around 1 million ped every year mining (if not more).... I've found 3 SOOTOs on caly/foma in the last 2 years.

safe to say I'm never going to find the boxes?

Edit: Selling P85(L) full TT 5k peds.

Last edited:
I found 2 x [Mining Strongbox 1] today. Both came in the same "something out of the ordinary claim". I will make a Price Check thread cause I dont know to value them for now. BTW hope they are tradeable, will check soon.

BTW hope they are tradeable, will check soon.

Ok, at some point you just have to stop ignoring the elephant boxes in the room.
So, if anybody wishes to provide the following information, it may help people here:

1: is there any way to get at keys without depositing? (tradeable, droppable, pvp lootable in pvp/space etc?)
2: can shop items be paid for via normal bank transfer like a transfer deposit these days, or do you need a credit card?
3: what are withdrawal condition details again please (from someone who knows)? I mean things like what date is the exchange rate for dollars:euros/pounds fixed at? Is it fixed on the date you apply for withdrawal, but you then have to wait however many weeks for it to come through? Any other helpful tips about withdrawing out there? (I see this as a relevant part of the 'cycling' process MA apparently wants us to go through if we want to be serious 'boxers'...)

ty :)

i never found one :/ the loot rating must be very low

Woohoo thanks for keeping us updated :)

OFC, too low! I may get 1 "something out of the ordinary" per year in average, and this need a lot of probe droping.

Those are indeed very rare Nat :) but who knows ..... 1 day ......

They may contain a finder that uses 170 probes and can be amped , so huge risk using those, not my kind of mining. I'm more than happy with my F-106 :)
So a price check would be lovely ^^

bid 25 / ask 35 are the best numbers I've seen over the last few days.

Of course the chat is full of 'new generation of traders' who are always ready to buy it for the price of Halloween Strongbox. :laugh:

bid 25 / ask 35 are the best numbers I've seen over the last few days.

Of course the chat is full of 'new generation of traders' who are always ready to buy it for the price of Halloween Strongbox. :laugh:

25 ped/ea is what i've been seeing sales go for.

i refuse to pay more than 10-15 ped/ea

Those are indeed very rare Nat :) but who knows ..... 1 day ......

They may contain a finder that uses 170 probes and can be amped , so huge risk using those, not my kind of mining. I'm more than happy with my F-106 :)

106 is a great finder! I most use that for mining. But would be fun to see more extra loot in mining, since they removed the alien space ships, what always was a nice bonus in loot. Not only about the beacons inside, if it hade one. The alien spaceship always was a minimum bonus of 50ped.

got 3 strongboxes today on caly when hitting a small niksariuim, first time ever. using f-105 at tier 4.9.

it also gave me 17 hansidian instantly into inventory with the 3 boxes.

opened and results were as expected nothing fantastic

box 1
cave sap x25
uni ammo 2500

box 2
devils tail x21
uni ammo 1300

box 3
pyrite stone x50

Last edited:
got 3 strongboxes today on caly when hitting a small niksariuim, first time ever. using f-105 at tier 4.9.

it also gave me 17 hansidian instantly into inventory with the 3 boxes. Now how do I open these things?

I believe its in the info that you need to buy a key from webshop. There are people who offer a box opening service.

Back