MindArk's Upcoming Blockchain Project

:duh:
why use the money collect for similar things when we already had trouble 2017

I have an idea why not do the Mindark burger or sell animals you like pets :rolleyes:

Excited!!
Keep us posted.

Maybe they will change PED to the new tokens... lol.

Bullshit. If management teams are focusing efforts on this kind of crap (again), by definition it means that the focus is being diverted away from development and bug fixes, regardless of what the developers themselves are doing from day to day. Leadership starts at the top, to say nothing about strategy and implementation. It's a trickle down effect and if the attention is on block chain, or compets, or whatever else, attention is not on the game and the bugs that constantly plague the platform.

Companies typically have different departments just FYI. Here's an example: I'm in building materials, if the logistics (shipping) department screws something up, do you blame the sales staff? No, but you can blame the upper management that handles both departments sure. That doesn't mean that sales staff is qualified to handle logistics or that warehouse/logistical staff is qualified to handle sales, or accounting or whatever else is outside of their particular areas of expertise.

What you're suggesting is that all departments should be responsible for one department, and nothing else matters, which would cause any business to sink overnight. MA has their challenges like any company, it would be ignorant to assume otherwise, but the whole "why are you doing X when you should put 100% of people and resources on Y because businesses are lopsided" argument I keep hearing repeated on the forums is tired, and wrought with lack of understanding for how companies are structured.

Last edited:
Companies typically have different departments just FYI. Here's an example: I'm in building materials, if the logistics (shipping) department screws something up, do you blame the sales staff? No, but you can blame the upper management that handles both departments sure. That doesn't mean that sales staff is qualified to handle logistics or that warehouse/logistical staff is qualified to handle sales, or accounting or whatever else is outside of their particular areas of expertise.

What you're suggesting is that all departments should be responsible for one department, and nothing else matters, which would cause any business to sink overnight. MA has their challenges like any company, it would be ignorant to assume otherwise, but the whole "why are you doing X when you should put 100% of people and resources on Y because businesses are lopsided" argument I keep hearing repeated on the forums is tired, and wrought with lack of understanding for how companies are structured.

This is all well and good but MA has circa 35 employees including 6 (afaik) C-level staff. They are just not big enough to be spread so thin. Of course, they use outsourcing companies but allowing Entropia to run in the state that it is running in, when it's the sole source of revenue to fund those outsourced projects, is either very short sighted or a signifier of worse to come.

If you look at the product portfolio as well, it's utterly incoherent, and I'm not sure if this comes from Simmonds (BDM/VC), Moreau (CEO) or Timkrans (Chair).

So no space in 2018 :laugh:

Roadmap for 2018

-Blockchain
-:scratch2:

2011 Blizzard was experimenting with RCE (the real one, with withdrawal). Considering their previous fierce fight against anything related to real money trading, this was a complete U-turn in their policy:

In July of 2011, Blizzard announced that the Diablo III Auction House would include a real money aspect auction house. Only items (and eventually characters) would be available for sale, and Blizzard intended for it to operate in tandem with the in-game gold auction house. Players would be able to list items on either service and Blizzard charged a flat fee for each item listed (to discourage players from flooding the market with junk items). Transaction fees on successful purchases were also applied. Proceeds from sales on the real money auction house could be spent on Blizzard merchandise and games, or withdrawn into actual currency for a small transaction fee paid to Blizard and their financial partner.

In late 2011 and early 2012 a lengthy saga ensued as the Korean Games Rating Board repeatedly refused to certify Diablo III for sale in Korea due to inclusion of the real money Auction House. Korea strictly regulates all online and offline forms of gambling, and the design of the real money mechanism built into Diablo III’s categorizes it as a form of gambling. One quote from a September 2011 Korea Times article explains the potential problem:

“The issue of gambling, illegal for Korean nationals, is a sensitive one, especially after a 2005–06 nationwide scandal over the Sea Story game machines that first passed the regulatory body inspection but were removed after the police discovered excessively speculative and addictive behavior among the players. Due to this controversy, the watchdog and approval committee was created in the Game Rating Board.

In 2013 AfterTime Diaries project was announced. This was the first MMORPG development project that was (probably?) aiming at integrating the blockchain technologies with their game. Their announcements were pretty vague and didn't elaborate on details (possibly to protect their intellectual property). Unfortunately their forum and main site (aftertimediaries.com) are dead now--so it would take some digging to get the exact quotes. Quoting from memory they said the players would be able to earn money in-game using the external income sources (not funds generated by the deposits from the other players).
The project died out few years ago, all that's left is their Facebook page full of broken links.

Entropia Universe, the creator of the Real Cash Economy concept (initiated at the very beginning of the 21st century as "Project Entropia") and the absolute champion in this area on the marketplace of ideas for many years... was all this time slumbering.
Well that's not entirely correct, they were very active in pursuing every stupid project NOT having anything to do with their only strong suite, the RCE aspect and it's possible further developments.

It's pretty much 2018 now... Now they wake up?

Last edited:
It may be a positive step.

Last edited:
[h=3]MindArk's Upcoming Blockchain Project[/h]

provide MindArk with a large infusion of capital

nuff said. :laugh:

fooking hell. how many ways will they explore to circumvent the only thing that ever really worked for them and that people care about - developing Entropia Universe...

NEWBIE RETENTION, DUMB FUCKS! but yeah, let's exploit the current playerbase with another kind of deed instead. LOL

and PISS OFF with that virtual reality garbage idea! it can't possibly add ANYTHING to this game, just like virtual avatars can't possibly add anything to business video conferences!

I am going to have a shop in game where you can buy DeepTokens :yay:

Great news :thumbup:

Time to white hot the mining rig again

and PISS OFF with that virtual reality garbage idea! it can't possibly add ANYTHING to this game, just like virtual avatars can't possibly add anything to business video conferences!

The best part about the virtual avatar in a meeting idea (SL, Sansar, etc.) is the distraction it would provide from actually having to attend the meeting. :laugh:

I think I've found a common language between nerds and marketing experts at that link:
"Deeptoken is a major upgrade to the Entropia Macrocosm and, like earlier major technology upgrades, will be proposed as the next immensely colossal milestone in the history of the macrocosm."

Do they mean that DT will be coming with the next big (before the decimal point) version update number?

So nope to space update in the near future (again) etc etc? ... or plot developments ..or pets etc?

I think I've found a common language between nerds and marketing experts at that link:
"Deeptoken is a major upgrade to the Entropia Macrocosm and, like earlier major technology upgrades, will be proposed as the next immensely colossal milestone in the history of the macrocosm."

Do they mean that DT will be coming with the next big (before the decimal point) version update number?

So nope to space update in the near future (again) etc etc? ... or plot developments ..or pets etc?

I see it as a way of turning PED into a cryptocurrency. I.e. your actions in-game (hunting, mining, crafting whatever) which generate a PED return will be effectively "mining". That way, MA takes their rake (5%) from you even though your actions produced the Tokens.

It seems like a production+investment generator for MA which is a bit sneaky for those who don't fully understand what they are doing.

Think of it this way: I have X work which is required to produce 1 DeepToken - lets say, 1 30 minute Mayhem instance. From that X work, MA takes their nominal rake cut (5%) from your token - so you actually are paid 0.95 DeepTokens and MA receive 0.05. So far, so similar. The difference is, the DeepTokens are no longer tied to the USD (only initially) and the only producer is Entropia. So the price of DT may rise, which allows MA a risk free scenario.

i.e.

Current situation:

MA receives deposit of $10, the deposit is used (once) for hunting, releasing a liability of $9.50 (and a profit of $0.50 less costs).

DT:

MA receives deposit of $10, the deposit is used (once) for hunting, releasing a liability of $0.00 (and a profit of $10). Additionally, MA are in possession of 0.05 DT, while the participant is in possession of 0.95 DT.

If we let the value of 1 DT = $10, the player (on the open market) is still in possession of the equivalent of $9.50. The DT only has the value of the open market - if the value drops, lets say 1 DT = $1, the player now has just the equivalent of $0.95, while MA has the equivalent of $10 + $0.05. If the value increases, lets say 1 DT = $100, the player has a good total of $95, while MA also has a non-loss of $10+$5.

_____

Tl;dr, it removes MA's liability (assuming all returns are paid in DT, and assuming DT is an open market trader rather than an "exchange" or shop directly with MA who set the price).

I will let you all know if I manage to make it to London on Tuesday (it's pretty far for me, about 4hrs drive and I'm not staying over just for that hah).

I will let you all know if I manage to make it to London on Tuesday

Thanks for the detailed reply so far.
Does it mean that peds themselves could become like UA, i.e. non-withdrawable until cycled into a different result, in this new case, DT?
Skills also have pretty much no tt value, and thus no liability for MA. It is the ESIs which allow skills to be extracted and converted to peds.

Combining the letters DT and ESI gives DESTI - just two letters short of DESTINY. I wonder if NY stands for the city or simply 'Not Yet'? :eyecrazy: - or is it Neverdie's Yacht?

i cant imagine they will tamper with the fixed 10 ped =1 dollar rate
that would be plain theft in my opinion if they do that without ample warning

Thanks for the detailed reply so far.
Does it mean that peds themselves could become like UA, i.e. non-withdrawable until cycled into a different result, in this new case, DT?
Skills also have pretty much no tt value, and thus no liability for MA. It is the ESIs which allow skills to be extracted and converted to peds.

Combining the letters DT and ESI gives DESTI - just two letters short of DESTINY. I wonder if NY stands for the city or simply 'Not Yet'? :eyecrazy: - or is it Neverdie's Yacht?

i cant imagine they will tamper with the fixed 10 ped =1 dollar rate
that would be plain theft in my opinion if they do that without ample warning

There wouldn't be much need to.

You could keep 10:1 exchange rate for peds, but if hunting(mining, crafting) loot were to be returned in DT rather than shrapnel/items... The more likely scenario I see happening is DT being given alongside PED (or TT equivalent). So one might loot 80% PED, 15% DT (and 5% rake), or similar.

It's speculation. But I can't see any other reason for MA to introduce blockchain.

See Mayhem as to how tokens in loot can be combined with real-value PED. I would expect those tokens to be sold for markup...

There wouldn't be much need to.

You could keep 10:1 exchange rate for peds, but if hunting(mining, crafting) loot were to be returned in DT rather than shrapnel/items... The more likely scenario I see happening is DT being given alongside PED (or TT equivalent). So one might loot 80% PED, 15% DT (and 5% rake), or similar.

It's speculation. But I can't see any other reason for MA to introduce blockchain.

See Mayhem as to how tokens in loot can be combined with real-value PED. I would expect those tokens to be sold for markup...

ah yea,sounds more plausible ;)

MindArk is launching an initiative to raise capital separate from player revenues. Capital will be used to improve the product we all currently use, without costing us anything extra.... The negative posts are from what exactly? Pure ignorance to what this announcement means? Honestly, why tear an idea like this down, it can only help players in the long run, the downsides for us at least are pretty non existent.

Haven't read most of the external links however the above post bears consideration

I struggle to see how cryptocurrency is little more than a bag of air based on someone else's servers with nothing standing behind it !

True except for the underlined. 'Nothing' are a lot of individuals making a lot of money from nothing. However a large percentage of the time someone's loss is someone else's gain. Life is a gamble and risk only what you are prepared to lose in anticipation of a win

Interesting news, I support the effort but with a few caveats:

The name name deep tokens seems already taken, it's not the greatest name anyways so I would advise you to reconsider that as branding and a name can have far more psychological impact than many would think... On that note, I would also steer clear of any derivative of the word "Entropy" as many see these type of currencies as an investment...

I really hope you are planning to "game-ify" these coins directly into the ingame economy. Hunt,craft,mine, resource gather, explore, mission completion etc etc.... If these things are external to the game or destined to only come from strongboxes and webshop purchases that will be a collective facepalm...

It's not my business but would also advise you guys come out with more info on your intended direction with this as soon as possible... the player base imagination will run wild with the limited info here (and generally not in a good way)

I sincerely wish you all the best, there are many challenges and pitfalls if not done correctly but the potential payoff of becoming a leader in the gaming crypto market could be immense and well worth the efffort.

I am interested even for a short investment. Take the risk if major profits to be realised or opt for a conservative bet.

Yep. I realised you probably wouldn't expect that actual completely 100% scenario further above. You were simplifying and have now more nicely added a mixed scenario. :)

I know how businesses are run, I've been doing it myself since 2001. I certainly wouldn't blame my embroiderer if my printers screw up their jobs. But if my artist gives my printers crappy separations to work with because he doesn't know what he's doing, and I'm too busy off chasing some new direct to garment technology instead of managing and making sure my guys are competent and performing as expected, and that department puts out substandard product, then that's on me as the head of my company, regardless of how many different (6) departments we have in house. If you're my customer, you don't make the distinctions of why your job got messed up and who was responsible, you only know you got bad product and that my company did a shitty job. It makes no difference as to which "department" is responsible, sales, management, production, it's all the same team.

What I'm suggesting is they keep their eye on the ball, and work toward the main reason they're there until the get THAT right, instead of this massive case of ADD that the management seems to have as they careen from one bad idea to the next, all while we beg and plead for bug fixes and them to keep promises that are years, decades old even.

How about avatar statues, just for one small example? Didn't they get paid for those a year ago, and still I haven't seen not 1 finished statue. It's almost fraud. In real life it would be, and you could probably take legal action after all this time. Demand a refund at the very least. There are a hundred examples of the same kind of thing. No, not for MA, they take the money then move on, never ever finishing anything, and never a thought for who gets left holding the bag for them.

Anybody who would invest into MADEEPTHROATBLOCKCHAINSCAMTOKENS with all the history we have, and all we know about this company, is just asking to get ripped off. Think compet deeds, nice return on those, eh? It's insulting that MA presents this new BS as a "feature" when they can't even get the basics straight.

If Ma was as good for developing game than they are to find all the possible ways to make easy and cheap cash, eu would have 10 millions active players today

At this point I think they've given up on the concept of making EU more enjoyable to play as a way to generate income :laugh:

Back