Merry Mayhem 2017 Preview

You're remembering wrong.

Apart from the "cutting it close" part.

Oh, ok. I thought they let us try out The Core Robot Mayhem before the actual event started/points counted way back when it first came out just to give players an idea of what it would be like. Oh well, I guess I'm getting old. :scratch2: Anyway...

I'd also like to ask again about the 'universal' bit.
Have vendor NPCs been placed on all planets, or are they just at the couple of locations on Caly? Anyone?

As the event has been advertised as being available from everywhere (expect space and possibly cave instances I reckon), this is a consideration I think, especially as potentially useful pills for further event hours will be available for only a few tokens.

You're remembering wrong.

Apart from the "cutting it close" part.

Yeah, seems like they're cutting it close. Didn't MA let players try out new event instances in the past prior to the actual event just to get an idea or am I remembering wrong? What are the odds of a bug-free start or will the first day be the beta test?

Oh, ok. I thought they let us try out The Core Robot Mayhem before the actual event started/points counted way back when it first came out just to give players an idea of what it would be like. Oh well, I guess I'm getting old. :scratch2: Anyway...

Optimator, your memory is good!
There was a year they opened up the core prior to start of the event!

Yes, my bad sorry, I thought you were talking purely about Merry Mayhem.

From the event description in-game:

"Welcome to the annual Merry Mayhem event!

The goal of this event is to defeat the Boss as quickly as possible. Your fastest time will be entered on the scoreboard.

To deal damage to the Boss you must be empowered by defeating an Elite. To spawn an Elite you must defeat a number of regular creatures. You are only empowered for a short time during which you will be able to damage the Boss and deal extra damage overall. The Boss is stationary and will occasionally cause earthquakes to slow you down if you are within range.

See the announcement at PlanetCalypso.com for rewards.

Note: Instances are reset upon exit or client closure.

So if the lag doesn't slow you down, the earthquakes will. Merry Christmas! :xsmile:

I'm still getting old tho. :silly2:

Yes, my bad sorry, I thought you were talking purely about Merry Mayhem.

No worries, mate. It's Saul Goodman. :)

interesting
5acP0aO.jpg
[/IMG]

interesting
Yes, I had a look and they are not active yet, but you can see the hp limits we already know, although not any prizes. Then again - prizes are tokens I believe so you then select your own prize from the vendor or so?
edit: oh, yours now shows participants - so is it open? Will check...
...was surprised in the screenie it says 33, when mine said and says in the 10000s... still unvailable right now though...

Last edited:
Yes, I had a look and they are not active yet, but you can see the hp limits we already know, although not any prizes. Then again - prizes are tokens I believe so you then select your own prize from the vendor or so?
edit: oh, yours now shows participants - so is it open? Will check...

it shows participants as a number only but when u open it there is nobody...

I also don't see FFA there. Is it going to be implemented in a more "traditional" manner?

I would imagine so...
I also have my eye on: You are only empowered for a short time during which you will be able to damage the Boss and deal extra damage overall.
what is the deal extra damage overall bit about? My MA radar normally gives me at least some idea about what they are blathering on about ;)

Event Dates: December 15th to January 15th

that's in less than 4hrs. no details about placement tokens. does anyone think this event is going to start on time???

It is now Dec 15 and I can't get in. :banghead:

;)

No preview of any special item(s) to be found in Christmas Strongboxes this year? And no X-mas strongboxes in web shop yet either?

Christmas Strongboxes will be looted in the event, not sold in webshop, you will have to buy keys in webshop if you want to open them.

No preview of any special item(s) to be found in Christmas Strongboxes this year? And no X-mas strongboxes in web shop yet either?

is it supposed to that the lvl 90+ weapon only require 1 pmtoken when the weapons below 90 costs 2 pmtoken?

Christmas Strongboxes will be looted in the event, not sold in webshop, you will have to buy keys in webshop if you want to open them.

Since the Halloween strongboxes, I've already figured buying keys to open boxes is the new norm/standard. But as far as X-mas strongboxes not being sold in the webshop, is this some kind of insider information you have? Sorry for my ignorance, but are you connected to MA officially or unofficially that you know this for a fact? Or is it already public knowledge - ie, MA announced it somewhere and I just missed it - that there will be no X-mas sttrongboxes available for purchase this year as opposed to all the other times when seasonal strongboxes were purchasable through the webshop?

Players previously bought seasonal strongboxes by the hundreds and thousands. Are we really to believe MA is no longer interested in (easily) getting our money all of a sudden? Or maybe there's some other reason, perhaps they are worried about new concerns about strongboxes and gambling? But then why would they still have regular strongboxes available for purchase? I don't get it. :scratch2:

Occasionally areas within the Solo Mayhem instances can be affected by earthquakes which slow movement speed by up to 80%.
lol as if the lags were not enough - or the lags now come with earthquake effect? :D

is it supposed to that the lvl 90+ weapon only require 1 pmtoken when the weapons below 90 costs 2 pmtoken?

the augmented/perfected ones require the 2 pmtokens which makes sense cause they have efficiency near or above imk2.

Its easy to see where its going considering halloween mayhem and there is still no christmas strongboxes in the webshop.

Since the Halloween strongboxes, I've already figured buying keys to open boxes is the new norm/standard. But as far as X-mas strongboxes not being sold in the webshop, is this some kind of insider information you have? Sorry for my ignorance, but are you connected to MA officially or unofficially that you know this for a fact? Or is it already public knowledge - ie, MA announced it somewhere and I just missed it - that there will be no X-mas sttrongboxes available for purchase this year as opposed to all the other times when seasonal strongboxes were purchasable through the webshop?

Players previously bought seasonal strongboxes by the hundreds and thousands. Are we really to believe MA is no longer interested in (easily) getting our money all of a sudden? Or maybe there's some other reason, perhaps they are worried about new concerns about strongboxes and gambling? But then why would they still have regular strongboxes available for purchase? I don't get it. :scratch2:

the augmented/perfected ones require the 2 pmtokens which makes sense cause they have efficiency near or above imk2.

I guess PM tokens will be used for upcoming year merry mayhem and same items can be bought, since they cannot be traded? Or do they expect a player to get two placement tokens by winning both a solo category and ffa ranking? :eyecrazy:

Its easy to see where its going considering halloween mayhem and there is still no christmas strongboxes in the webshop.

This +

Each completed Solo Mayhem instance (killing the Solo Mayhem boss) is rewarded with one Christmas Strongbox, with a chance for up to 10 additional Christmas Strongboxes in loot

Pretty clear.

I guess PM tokens will be used for upcoming year merry mayhem and same items can be bought, since they cannot be traded? Or do they expect a player to get two placement tokens by winning both a solo category and ffa ranking? :eyecrazy:

Mayhem tokens and PM tokens both will be common going forward for all mayhems ( merry,easter,halloween etc) would be my guess. So you will need to place in 2 events to get the items.

They changed that also from before when not all of the aug/perf weapons needed 2 pmtokens.

They changed that also from before when not all of the aug/perf weapons needed 2 pmtokens.

Yes the BP-130 and LP-120 needed 2 earlier which is now changed to 1. I am guessing they went purely by efficiency to re balance it out, most likely based on close associates inputs.

So I have been lurking for a while and have bit my tongue until now.

The amount of people whining like little children over the categories in this event and the fact it drops boxes is absolutely absurd. You need to get your head out of your ass and actually think before you post.

Firstly the categories, for everyone complaining that they are a miner or crafter or whatever and therefore have too much hp for their hunting skills .... THIS IS A HUNTING EVENT!!!

I'm all for you complaining that MA don't do enough Crafting/Mining events but stop complaining that you as a miner cant be competitive with pure hunters in a hunting event.

Now .... Boxes .... Ive seen a couple people pipe up saying MU is dead or MA are screwing you over as you have to buy a $1 key to open the Strongbox you looted ..... THESE ARE NOT BOUND!!!

Why don't you catch up with the rest of the community and sell the boxes at a MU that you feel is fair. I for one am looking forward to this event greatly given that in FFA you will be able to loot Boxes (MU), FFA Stars (MU), Mayhem Tokens (Bound but can be used to purchase trade-able items therefore MU) and that's on top of the usual Mayhem FAP's, Amps etc that drop each year.

This years MM is from the limited view we have at the moment hands down the best design I have seen for these events that will allow the most participation from the hunting community from newbies to the ubers.

dude is right

Back