Merry Mayhem 2017 Preview

The beauty of this new system is that u can win with L stuffs. Best setup ever for mayhem!

I fully understand your point on limited throw away items........

Guess that's why so many old school players are selling all their unlimited gear.... no point these days skilling up to max unlimited items.

The game has certainly changed.

I think the changes are for the better with this years event, but i just don't think that HP & Base Damage are in sync, and i certainly don't understand why HP are being used to define the categories you go in, if they are using Base Damage limit.

I dont want to abuse bugs or do illegal things inhere.

Obviously some players like HP requirements atm since they imagine their dps/HO ratio is good... but think few years ahead when your avatar will be stronger... i simply wish i could casualy join mid level grinders... guess not gonna happen ever again thx to HP limits

But yeah atm we dont know how hard that instance will be... maybe i can pass it easily... maybe there will be no rewards:)... maybe winners will get a pet or whatever...

Still w8ing for someone to explain why HP restrictions are good:laugh:

So that I cant take a mod merc and beat the shit out of everybody in cat7......hence its there :)

U get set up whats suits your cat and suits your ped card and hunting stile,go into the instance and hunt for boxes, tokens...

Ok, let's say you're at around professional level 60 and your HP places you in category 7.

You go to auctioneer and buy one of the best weapons there are for category 7; (L) "Omegaton Igni L2020(L)". You start to shoot like a crazy. ... hm, why do I only fire 11 shots/minute?

Ok you decide to step down a bit in skill requirements. BL 1450(L), level 66. ... wait, when did it drop last time?

Looking at next line in list: Mod Merc. Yay! It's oldschool so it's useable. Now, look at mod merc sell market. None in auction. Look on total inventory value: Not even if I TTd Everything I got, including armor(s), I would afford one. Bummer.

Next line in list: Isis HL18. Yet again, hm, didn't those stop dropping with the reapon rebalance?

Ok, here is the problem: The weapons you can use are based on your professional level. But the category you can hunt in is based on HP. And a first World problem is that the fastest (L) weapons aren't availible anymore.

My normal hunting style is hunting with my plasma rifle trying to tiergrind it. I Think it's "good luck trying to get ot the top in an event with a L50 weapon where the top will be using L90 weapons.".

So that I cant take a mod merc and beat the shit out of everybody in cat7......hence its there :)

So you can lend me your mod merc to let me blow their asses away. thanks :) :wtg::wtg::wtg:

All I want to know is when Christmas boxes will be for sell on the web shop. :rolleyes:

Even if we are not allowed to compete in lower categories , it would be nice to be able to hunt in them.

Mod Merc is all I am missing to own cat 7....with my gremlin armor....

Last edited:
Mod Merc is all I am missing to own cat 7....with my gremlin armor....

I can redirect you to the deposit page if you have difficulties finding it.

I can redirect you to the deposit page if you have difficulties finding it.

I found the deposit page. Could you now please direct me to a suitably cheap but amazing weapon?

I found the deposit page. Could you now please direct me to a suitably cheap but amazing weapon?

messi 2.0 does not buy items based your description therefore I can't recommend you anything.
Try change the approach/mindset.

messi 2.0 does not buy items based your description therefore I can't recommend you anything.
Try change the approach/mindset.

How about pointing me to a messi 1.0 then? :)

Ul bl1800

Shameless Plug to rent this beautiful weapon if you are in the highest level bracket.

the UL BL1800 is Tier 9.9 (trying for tier 10 but may not come anytime soon because of materials) and i am renting it for 20% of the winnings. It requires level 82 blp dmg and pistol hit.

PM me anyone that would like to talk or check out this thread!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?301352-Unlimited-BL1800-amp-amp-amp-2-VREX-2K-ROCKETS-BOOOOOOOOOM-Q(O-o)-O&p=3618708#post3618708

Also will require collateral.

Cheers

I will be competing at least partially in this event for fun ;)

Ok, let's say you're at around professional level 60 and your HP places you in category 7.

You go to auctioneer and buy one of the best weapons there are for category 7; (L) "Omegaton Igni L2020(L)". You start to shoot like a crazy. ... hm, why do I only fire 11 shots/minute?

Ok you decide to step down a bit in skill requirements. BL 1450(L), level 66. ... wait, when did it drop last time?

Looking at next line in list: Mod Merc. Yay! It's oldschool so it's useable. Now, look at mod merc sell market. None in auction. Look on total inventory value: Not even if I TTd Everything I got, including armor(s), I would afford one. Bummer.

Next line in list: Isis HL18. Yet again, hm, didn't those stop dropping with the reapon rebalance?

Ok, here is the problem: The weapons you can use are based on your professional level. But the category you can hunt in is based on HP. And a first World problem is that the fastest (L) weapons aren't availible anymore.

My normal hunting style is hunting with my plasma rifle trying to tiergrind it. I Think it's "good luck trying to get ot the top in an event with a L50 weapon where the top will be using L90 weapons.".

Emik X5 with a mod evil.... mod merc can only take a 33 dmg amp max and at level 60 it has lower dps than X5/mod evil combo

Last edited:
well Crig this was well written and i understand your point. I also agree with you 100%! Best MM so far ever!

Now i will try to explain (again) why so many of us have some second thoughts. Usualy category 2 has bigger mobs than category 1... so far on most events there were 5 diffrent categories with cat4 and cat5 realy big mobs and bosses that most of hunters cant solo kill.
Now with HP restriction some of us medium size hunters with 60dps will be forced into instance with big mobs and boss we probably cant kill.
Maybe im wrong and cat8 will have L20 mobs with L35 boss... but incase mobs and boss will be bigger i cant participate. I dont have evade&armor&dps&fap&ped card to hunt bigger mobs. I also have no desire to hunt bigger mobs than L20.
Understood? All clear now?

So yes best MM rules sofar... all i dont understood is why HP restriction are neccesary? Why my avatar is not allowed to hunt in mid size category?

So what ? You want new rules that permit you to play naked with possibility to win ?
Don't Forget these instance are only for who want compete to the MM and try to win. Like every years you must have the best DPS as possible, with the best armor/healing tool/pills/amp etc. But this year is better because many players can compete and have a chance to win. You need less ped, you just need the best L weapon for your category for 1 run !
If you don't want compete and farm tokens or boxesn go to FFA instance, you'll have FFA star in addition.

I applause for these rules. I like and look more fair this year. HP restriction is needed, if not you'll see many alt from the same "ubers" players in each category with mod resto chip+best rings + all best good items and finally all rewards will go to the same hand at the end.

+1 for this rules MA.

Last edited:
+1 for this rules MA.

A famous saying (attributed to P.T.Barnum) goes along the lines of: a little something for everybody.
It might actually help MA to GUIDE players as to who they are trying to attract to what activity.

This year's solo Mayhem is no longer a massive grind competition as has already been understood by active forum participants. So, is it also supposed to be a place for casual solo enjoyment (not :handjob:) and being able to get boss mob rewards without having to share them?

Or, is grind action intended to be in the FFA section with its stars as an additional tradeable loot, but with the 'risks' of multiple participants around?
Will access to FFA be whatever category a player chooses and can MA please make some improved info statements about the tokens and reward availabilities?

Also, please get stuff right such as global access to the NPCs/reward system and if you really mean global access to the event itself, please consider that people on spaceships should also be counted/countable.
Thanks Ludwig (if it is you reading this)...

Bah, wanted to compare what exactly they have changed and 711 already edited everything :D

Bah, wanted to compare what exactly they have changed and 711 already edited everything :D

Everything still the same, hp been bumped slightly

Previous
110 34
125 48
140 60
160 74
175 82
200 90
240 98
280 104
320 110
9999 9999

Hey all,

i heard that in the MM boxes will be again some new pills, Sry that i couldnt catch them all

End of serious sacram :D

Greetings forest900

AAAHAHAHA now thats funny:lolup:
And forest its spelled sarcasm not sacram HAHAHA

Maybe I am being an idiot but, how can MA block you from entering a lower cat with higher Dps?

If i am in cat one, how do they know I only do 34 DPS? How do they block you from going in with a bigger gun?

Solo Mayhem Categories
Category 1
Max Health: 120
Max Base DPS: 34

Maybe I am being an idiot but, how can MA block you from entering a lower cat with higher Dps?

If i am in cat one, how do they know I only do 34 DPS? How do they block you from going in with a bigger gun?

Solo Mayhem Categories
Category 1
Max Health: 120
Max Base DPS: 34

because they are hackers.
I could introduce you to a guy rick, maybe you guys hang around and forget about the forum for a while.

Caught a break here, have 240.75 hp, was gonna have to enter cat 8 or higher, now can add cat 7

Back