The devaluation of the Uber weapons, A call for sibification of ALL weapons.

"It's the insecure dog that barks the most."

Maybe not the best you could find.
I will interpret this one as dogs being the low level-med players that feel frustrated about the current situation of the game and keep barking at mindark to serve their interest.Insecure?Might be the cause.
I am just defending here.Not barking at anyone.
I rarely create threads by my own.I don't think I am barking at someone in particular.I usually direct my posts to the developers.

Much appreciate your feedback.
Please provide us more insightful information with details about the game if its possible.
Leave personal attacks aside.

I think this might be helpful to be posted.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”

If I pinch your red nose will it make a sound?

If I pinch your red nose will it make a sound?

If I write you in another language will you understand no personal attacks?
Just let me know which one you prefer.
Questions/ideas/approach on the game we are all playing? got any?

" the eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the crow"..... Nobody

always been on my sig....

" the eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the crow"..... Nobody

always been on my sig....

Thats really a good one.I'm fully aware of that too.
I do appreciate your effort.

Thats really a good one.I'm fully aware of that too.
I do appreciate your effort.

I guess you want to win it all.. So without further ado, with 14 posts in this short thread of mine, the attention whore prize goes to: Messi!

fat-wonder-woman-attention-whore.jpg

you can meet me ingame at the Ministry's society house to collect your prize. It consists of 1 handpicked papplo and 1000 sweat!

it's simple, get upgrade possibilities for ALL weapons to use sib and make sure the weapons are classed on level according to the base dps they do. Currently you can upgrade a few weapons, why not all non-sib? It would give new incentive to get hunting to upgrade all those oldschool weapons.
And protect the investments players made on those uber weapons (Unless ofcourse, Mindark made this change on purpose?)
Careful what you ask for... old school weapons now that are at 5/10 may go to 0/10 if they make em sib and make requirement level high... They essentially did that with Katsuichi determination, etc.

Reactions: das
I guess you want to win it all.. So without further ado, with 14 posts in this short thread of mine, the attention whore prize goes to: Messi!

fat-wonder-woman-attention-whore.jpg

you can meet me ingame at the Ministry's society house to collect your prize. It consists of 1 handpicked papplo and 1000 sweat!

I posted once to correct someone is wrong and misinform people that imk2 is an event gun.
The remaining posts were just a reply to defend my point.
If I were you I would correct the sentence and leave just Mod merc as event gun and apologize for that.So simple.
If you have anything in reply bring arguments.I can return personal attacks just as easy

Why bother? MA has already evolved the game in such a way that the imbalance that these guns had for over 10 years is fading...and its obvious that they will now be replaced by a new generation of weapons with vastly superior stats.

I posted once to correct someone is wrong and misinform people that imk2 is an event gun.
The remaining posts were just a reply to defend my point.
If I were you I would correct the sentence and leave just Mod merc as event gun and apologize for that.So simple.
If you have anything in reply bring arguments.I can return personal attacks just as easy

If you read op carefully you will see that I am referring to "the old days" as in, it used to be used. I know this. I was there back in the day. You are selling one and the last two words of your first sentence in that selling thread are "or events". So YOU are actually saying you can use the gun for events. And not in the old days, but right now.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?300927-tier-10-imk2-and-attachments-for-it

There's a contradiction there in the OP.
If it was easy in the old days because you didn't had to do so much research and only had to pick between the two, imagine today, if on top of all the existing items, a huge new set of sib items would be added.
Would that make things easier? Fuck no. Maybe for those that got stuck in the "good old days". They would not have to do research on the new weapons.

This is the opposite of protecting the investments made in any decent gun, starting with EWE LC 100 and L1000. This would be rather bad for the economy and armatrix, the new hope for crafting profession, would loose significant ground. The weapons that are loosing value anyway would loose even more and faster just to "make it easier" for some.
The good weapons would not be upgraded by their owners anyway, because they would loose tiers. Do you know how much are the tier costs on the good guns?
Imk2 and MM should be maxed at level 100 not sooner. Bot you are used to using non maxed weapons so why bother skilling, don't let level stop you from buying messi's gun :cool:

The idea is very bad.

There's a contradiction there in the OP.
If it was easy in the old days because you didn't had to do so much research and only had to pick between the two, imagine today, if on top of all the existing items, a huge new set of sib items would be added.
Would that make things easier? Fuck no. Maybe for those that got stuck in the "good old days". They would not have to do research on the new weapons.

This is the opposite of protecting the investments made in any decent gun, starting with EWE LC 100 and L1000. This would be rather bad for the economy and armatrix, the new hope for crafting profession, would loose significant ground. The weapons that are loosing value anyway would loose even more and faster just to "make it easier" for some.
The good weapons would not be upgraded by their owners anyway, because they would loose tiers. Do you know how much are the tier costs on the good guns?
Imk2 and MM should be maxed at level 100 not sooner. Bot you are used to using non maxed weapons so why bother skilling, don't let level stop you from buying messi's gun :cool:

The idea is very bad.

Fair point.

If you read op carefully you will see that I am referring to "the old days" as in, it used to be used. I know this. I was there back in the day. You are selling one and the last two words of your first sentence in that selling thread are "or events". So YOU are actually saying you can use the gun for events. And not in the old days, but right now.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?300927-tier-10-imk2-and-attachments-for-it

"I am selling for the first time in 3 years a small part of my hunting tools I am using on a daily grind or events."

I was referring to the attachments you dummy.

Engrish hard.

And I was referring to the old days. Note that I dont call you a dummy.

It's English btw

And I was referring to the old days. Note that I dont call you a dummy.

It's English btw

I am not going to post 7 pages of why people in the old days might have used it.
Lets keep it short.They were bad informed or did not have any other item for events so they might have used imk2 it doesn't mean it was good or anything else , just that.Just like now people use all sort of useless stuff and complain , same thing.
If you have anyone that used imk2 during events and consecutively performed top notch during several events please post here.I would like to make a public apology to 2017/2018 registered users.
If you don't have that please consider posting less in the hunting sections or on items you never had or used.
Thanks

Thank you.

You are welcome.
I am now waiting for the list with people using imk2 during events and performed top notch.
I'm pretty sure you have the list somewhere.I'd like to see it.I hope others would like to see it.
Otherwise I can just assume opalo is event gun just like imk2 is in your vision and we can agree on something once in a lifetime.

They were bad informed or did not have any other item for events so they might have used imk2 it doesn't mean it was good or anything else , just that. Just like now people use all sort of useless stuff and complain , same thing.

So what you're basically saying Messi is that your MKII you're tying to flog for 125K peds is worth shit, performs shit in events, and you were a total idiot to pay "huge" sums to tier it from 8 - 10.

Now it's even more shit now that other much better weapons can out perform it.

Thanks for info, I thought so.

Rick

Thank you.

why so serious? i like those discussions, both about the good old days, and also how people think it actually works now. i'm still free to ignore it, or disagree silently, not everything has to turn into a doomsday discussion. oh, and in my humble opinion, 99% of PCF forum posters should rather shut the fuck up and/or think twice before posting, including me of course.

so, we can either discuss value or this instead ... both look very difficult, but i was told one is very simple. :girl:

So what you're basically saying Messi is that your MKII you're tying to flog for 125K peds is worth shit, performs shit in events, and you were a total idiot to pay "huge" sums to tier it from 8 - 10.

Now it's even more shit now that other much better weapons can out perform it.

Thanks for info, I thought so.

Rick

I could have guess the originator of this message without seeing your name.It has to be rick.
Imk2 have different other usage than OP and you are talking about.I'm not asking 125k for that usage :)
I honestly don't think its healthy to start a discussion with you on that topic.I recommended you many times now to stay away from hunting threads because you are completely clueless but you forgot.Perhaps you forgot to take your medicine as well.
Walk some pets and breath some air.

The idea is very bad.

oh this reminds me i changed my mind and wanna buy a statue now too please ... i pay even more than 5K ped

just chisel this in stone at MAHQ and i'm pleased. fscking awesome! :laugh:

I could have guess the originator of this message without seeing your name.It has to be rick.
Imk2 have different other usage than OP and you are talking about.I'm not asking 125k for that usage :)
I honestly don't think its healthy to start a discussion with you on that topic.I recommended you many times now to stay away from hunting threads because you are completely clueless but you forgot.Perhaps you forgot to take your medicine as well.
Walk some pets and breath some air.

Well even you tried to justify it as a grinding profit weapon, all that is dead and buried now that MA introduced looter skills. Since MA made it perfectly clear that looter skills determine 'amount' of loot.

Even if you tried to justify it on the basis of looting 'items' due to efficency value, you still need looter skill first.

Which rasies another question, what value do skills have now? Was it a complete waste of time skilling to level 120 now we have looter skill. Even if you think you're the choose one, MA still f***ed you hard with introduction of looter skill on both weapons and skills. Becasue now it's all meaningless.

Even if you chip-in or gain epic amounts of looter skill, MA will add another variable, to nerf looter skill.

Anyway this isn't a hunting thread, in your words its a noob thread....smiles :p

Rick

why so serious? i like those discussions, both about the good old days, and also how people think it actually works now. i'm still free to ignore it

i thought so too. did anyone expect any different?!? ;)

That's the problem of this game, new and unexperienced players are forming a good part of their knowledge base reading your, Rick's and others false assumptions, statements with no data, not even asking someone that has some data on the subject. In the case of imk2, you should put money on that statement. Spoiler - you'd loose the bet quickly :D
When people start the game with false information, they loose their PED fast and leave. That's not helping anyone

The game will probably need a few years until everyone learns how efficiency impacts loot and stuff... few more years and Rick hears about it and disproves it based on his 2007 full hunting day with 1k ped turnover.
Also, guess who has the most disciples in the game. Those that don't do much and also don't know much, because lack of experience. And this is the kind of game where the developer cannot come to you and tell you: "RICK & CO, USE ECO GEAR, IT MATTERS!!!!" ;)

LE / PS Rick, stop pretending you understand hunting, it's getting ridiculous =))

this forum, that game, its players, the developer for sure, and everything else surrounding is wrong out there.

get used to it ffs and use your own reasoning. (it's worth it ssshhh!!!)

and You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Evey again.

That's the problem of this game, new and unexperienced players are forming a good part of their knowledge base reading your, Rick's and others false assumptions, statements with no data, not even asking someone that has some data on the subject. In the case of imk2, you should put money on that statement. Spoiler - you'd loose the bet quickly :D
When people start the game with false information, they loose their PED fast and leave. That's not helping anyone

The game will probably need a few years until everyone learns how efficiency impacts loot and stuff... few more years and Rick hears about it and disproves it based on his 2007 full hunting day with 1k ped turnover.
Also, guess who has the most disciples in the game. Those that don't do much and also don't know much, because lack of experience. And this is the kind of game where the developer cannot come to you and tell you: "RICK & CO, USE ECO GEAR, IT MATTERS!!!!" ;)

LE / PS Rick, stop pretending you understand hunting, it's getting ridiculous =))

It's not me with my head in 2007 though. The game is completely different.

Items come from boxes now, not hunting. Even if you was hunting, where's all the epic item loots?
Why is a new player going to pay thousands of dollars for a weapon when they cant loot anything of value?

Lets face it most of that high end gear got traded during the era of quality item drops, it had a purpose to own the gun to find more cool stuff

Sure I was never prepared to invest to buy an MM or Imk2, I have no regrets (becasue the era when those items had value is well and truly gone). i did though buy an adjusted kat sword for 750 ped and an adj bolga whip for 800 ish. Both performed quite well for the reasonable purchase price and entertainment value.

Most players do run a few K ped or less, it was MA that decided to ramp up the game with prots etc trying to create a high end market. Where's the 100's of thousands of ultra rich high end players?

Just becasue some want to suggest the game is a big money game, doesn't mean it attracts that market. It obviously doesn't, or hasn't. So belittleing the majoirty of players with the usual.... "you don't have the wallet" for this game, has failed massively. MA now even trying to back pedal to keep the cash cow alive, and aim it at the affordable market.

Why is it, that the old school big names in the game get less and less as the years pass. Becasue they're bored of it? No..... becasue there's nothing left for them to gain from it. Why is it that there's so many threads for selling high end gear with little interest?

The game ticks over with a few chasing the dream, that never happened. With a ton of noobies trying to run with $10 not even $200

Even if you think I'm talking utter crap, you only need to look at the auction values on high end items to prove everything turns to dust.

The game has a place, but it's seriously lost much of its purpose for a dream chasing game. Throw in looter skill, that bascially means any history you put into your ava is now pretty worthless, and you ask yourself.....what is MA's next plan to devalue us or the things we bought?

Rick

The game is completely different.

I must admit, a lot of fair points raised there, Rick.
But I'm afraid you don't have your ears open to listen to explanation on all your points which are all wrong.
Have you checked Smilg's log? Seen his imk2 test? I'm looking forward to next week's update where he's using one of the new school guns.

- you don't see value in loot? Several gleamers dropped past event, good items drop constantly to hunters.
- looter profession comes to reward dedicated hunters
- tons of selling threads were always active - also buying threads were fewer.
- I don't need to look at auction to see value of stuff, I had and have stuff and everyone knows things devaluate, it's not hard nor inside information to look at a graph.
- items coming from boxes is not a bad thing, especially when the boxes are in loot
- the old school big names are still around, it's a matter of perspective I guess and they also taking turns on hunting periods...

But you will never understand any of these until you actually try it yourself. This means different things for you and I so I will stop here because you will never be convinced otherwise, not even when presented with solid arguments.

Comments like yours, seeing the game coming to an end, are as old as the game is so nothing new :)

There was a period believe it or not, that I was in top 100 hunters for quite a long time using the old LR series (L)laser weapons and A105. That was in the days MA gave 'more' loot for running L, and paid you back, on the next run when you bought a new L gun (even MU).

So you didn't need the Imk2 if you get your L gun peds back after purchase. For me that was more of the golden era in EU than the first phase of people that arrived pre-L. Sadly MA took a different direction, and that magic first L era came to an end.

I remember threads from longterm unl shooters, actually saying the loot was better when they tried L.

I quite believe you that IMK2 is likely to get good returns with well over level 100+ pro standing, I've even read that thread. I'm sure though that hunting metric included a ton of support items like rings and weapon addons as well.

You'd need to be very brave in todays game to buy an IMK2, maybe the only players running them are players that have held them for years (and got value from them, from old VU's).

The game is heading towards better and better efficiency, at quite a fast rate. Even though I know people who looted big ESI's from shared loot running terrible efficiency. What loot parameter is that...hahaha.

It comes down to trust. The speed of change, the way MA pushes out new weapons, upgrades etc, the number of high end rings MA drop, the missions to get heal tools. All of it is almost "direct purchase". None of it screams at us saying....."you're going to get your money back if you pay $12000 - $15000 for a gun".

Lets face it, girsnt (sorry about spelling), had a long running thread on how pissed he was for months on his high value purchases, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence with a $12000 investment does it....smiles.

I'm not saying the game is shit, I'm saying that weapons are not worth the prices people ask for them.
Look at it like this you can buy 1K adjusted det sword and run $12000 of game turnover instead. Now that would be entertainment.

Smiles

Rick

So you didn't need the Imk2 if you get your L gun peds back after purchase.

Back then imk2 was what, 250k ped one, if you could find it for sale? And it was that much for reasons you will not understand and that's why you will never be the target for that kind of gear :)

People do buy gear like this nowadays. Ask them how's it going, if you are interested. Stop assuming. It's all I'm asking...

Back