The devaluation of the Uber weapons, A call for sibification of ALL weapons.

Back then imk2 was what, 250k ped one, if you could find it for sale? And it was that much for reasons you will not understand and that's why you will never be the target for that kind of gear :)

People do buy gear like this nowadays. Ask them how's it going, if you are interested. Stop assuming. It's all I'm asking...

I can afford it, but I just haven't seen a compelling use case to buy it, just a lot of conjecture and hyperbole regarding the benefit of owning them. I would hope that if someone had an item for sale like this, or others had them and wanted them to retain their value, in a time where there is a lot of conflicting information, they would provide a clear value proposition and potential use cases for any potential buyers.

I just haven't seen a compelling use case to buy it, just a lot of conjecture and hyperbole regarding the benefit of owning them.

You don't see many things and one of them I can assign your name was when you said you won't buy any ares rings 2 years- ago unless they get as cheap as 100 ped.
Look where they are right now and look at you right now, of course in terms of progress and everything else correlated to this.
I am not going too deep into this, just pointing out some things you might have missed in the past and your judgement have similar approach since then.

Also as a study case I would like to suggest, in reading the body language studies when there is a contradiction between verbal and body language always believe the body language movement.Same in EU, although here we have other criteria of judgement.I don't want to go too much into explaining what I'm saying, I just do stuff.I like to suggest but I don't like tell you what to do.

You don't see many things and one of them I can assign your name was when you said you won't buy any ares rings 2 years- ago unless they get as cheap as 100 ped.
Look where they are right now and look at you right now, of course in terms of progress and everything else correlated to this.
I am not going too deep into this, just pointing out some things you might have missed in the past and your judgement have similar approach since then.

Also as a study case I would like to suggest, in reading the body language studies when there is a contradiction between verbal and body language always believe the body language movement.Same in EU, although here we have other criteria of judgement.I don't want to go too much into explaining what I'm saying, I just do stuff.I like to suggest but I don't like tell you what to do.

I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and bought a few rings since then, a Christmas and Ares Perfected, I paid 20k for the ares, it's not anywhere near that price now. I can't say it was worth it, my mistake for letting they hype change my mind, I'd be happy to sell it to anyone wanting to buy it for 20k. I'm still waiting for a meaningful pitch for the imk2, but at this point, I am doubtful there would be one forthcoming.

I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and bought a few rings since then, a Christmas and Ares Perfected, I paid 20k for the ares, it's not anywhere near that price now. I can't say it was worth it, my mistake for letting they hype change my mind, I'd be happy to sell it to anyone wanting to buy it for 20k. I'm still waiting for a meaningful pitch for the imk2, but at this point, I am doubtful there would be one forthcoming.

I was just referring to what you said in the past.I don't know if you did as you said, I just pointed out how you look on things, your approach based on your perception.
I don't know what you did in the meantime, I have no clue what you do ingame or what is your equipment but I can see some of your result, nothing else.
I am not saying you should do something specific.Just study what you've done, what you could have done considering the recent history of the game and maybe you find some answers.

I was just referring to what you said in the past.I don't know if you did as you said, I just pointed out how you look on things, your approach based on your perception.
I don't know what you did in the meantime, I have no clue what you do ingame or what is your equipment but I can see some of your result, nothing else.
I am not saying you should do something specific.Just study what you've done, what you could have done considering the recent history of the game and maybe you find some answers.

Obviously, what I was doing wasn't working optimally, for me, which is one of the reasons I've sold most of all my gear, well, that and I need to replace some infrastructure around the house :laugh: But I am trying to keep an open mind about things. Which is why I am trying to understand why some things are dropping in value as the OP suggested, and what I experienced personally, and why other things, like imk2 are being "sold" as an "investment" in future returns :scratch2: or something? I still haven't seen the imk2 value proposition? As an owner, and as someone selling one for what would be a significant investment in gear for most, I would think you could lay out a really good case for for whatever it is, especially to counter the all uber weapons are dropping in value and aren't worth investing in narrative, but all I am seeing are vague claims and riddles, which is not a particularly strong sales pitch. Answer or not, it won't affect me either way, but I am interested in case I wanted to re-"invest" at some point.

Obviously, what I was doing wasn't working optimally, for me, which is one of the reasons I've sold most of all my gear, well, that and I need to replace some infrastructure around the house :laugh: But I am trying to keep an open mind about things. Which is why I am trying to understand why some things are dropping in value as the OP suggested, and what I experienced personally, and why other things, like imk2 are being "sold" as an "investment" in future returns :scratch2: or something? I still haven't seen the imk2 value proposition? As an owner, and as someone selling one for what would be a significant investment in gear for most, I would think you could lay out a really good case for for whatever it is, especially to counter the all uber weapons are dropping in value and aren't worth investing in narrative, but all I am seeing are vague claims and riddles, which is not a particularly strong sales pitch. Answer or not, it won't affect me either way, but I am interested in case I wanted to re-"invest" at some point.

With the same gear, 2 people could perform differently; one can make 20k a month, the other can give 10k a month, based on their play style.
What answer are you looking for? What to buy, what to shoot, what to sell, when to sell it? Wouldn't everyone then start doing the same, and quickly crash the prices of the materials and such? As long as you don't have patience for the game, investment wouldn't help you much. If you decide you want to invest, ideally you don't ask on the forum for answers because they will not help you - if the advice is bad, you will loose; if the advice is is good, then other 50 people will do the same thing and it would not be an advantage anymore. I'm sure you know all of the above, but, like I said, somewhere you lost the patience for it.

To be fair Messi, MA dropped well over 1K of Ares Imp rings, and the more 'some' people hoarded tons of them the more MA dropped more into the market. The second big phases of drops, actually did scare a few hoarders into dumping some of their stash and prices dropped to 400 ish

There's more imp Ares than actual active players. If it wasn't for Market manipulation on supply they would be 100 ped.

I kinda of smile when you take a pop at me about pets and stuff, so have a little fun in return, but that's a below the belt punch at Mac. He was big ped player, with big expensive items too. I have no idea why MA turned his loot dial down for a long time, but the guy knows what he's doing.

It don't take much for people to say f*** the game, when they hear a big time player constantly rubbing salt in the wound. Good luck supporting MA's bottom line, because they can easy select another golden star if they want too.

Rick

Reactions: Mac
To be fair Messi, MA dropped well over 1K of Ares Imp rings, and the more 'some' people hoarded tons of them the more MA dropped more into the market. The second big phases of drops, actually did scare a few hoarders into dumping some of their stash and prices dropped to 400 ish

Rick

I heard this rumor in the past, that some people "hoarded" imp ares. Who? What you base your statement on?
If it's just a hunch, my hunch is that no one did this idiotic thing and I'm 99% sure of it.
Hoarding big chunks of expensive stuff is never a smart thing. You personally had to learn it the rough way. How many compets are you sitting on atm?

People may have thought that imp ares was hoarded because they weren't many in auction even if many were dropping; but smart hunters got them, the demand was high and the rings were disheartening fast from AH or trade channels. Ofc, when you don't understand how things work it's always easier to go for the conspiracy theory...
(I'm not saying there aren't hoarders with other materials, but they are not that retarded, I assure you)

I heard this rumor in the past, that some people "hoarded" imp ares. Who? What you base your statement on?
If it's just a hunch, my hunch is that no one did this idiotic thing and I'm 99% sure of it.
Hoarding big chunks of expensive stuff is never a smart thing. You personally had to learn it the rough way. How many compets are you sitting on atm?

People may have thought that imp ares was hoarded because they weren't many in auction even if many were dropping; but smart hunters got them, the demand was high and the rings were disheartening fast from AH or trade channels. Ofc, when you don't understand how things work it's always easier to go for the conspiracy theory...
(I'm not saying there aren't hoarders with other materials, but they are not that retarded, I assure you)

Oh come on Evey;
Imp Ares rings have been carefully managed at sales rates for 550 ish for well over a year or so. That is no accident. Even after the crit buff nerf the prices stayed the same....hahahaha.

In fact the same happened for fruit bars, when I was hardcore training my own pets, and some people were hoarding 50K's peds worth of bars dripping them onto the market. I actually stopped training my pets for 3 months, to scare the price down (it worked, I was burning a ton of bars). We all know the person that got rewarded with a very big ATH on the back of helping MA make a ton money on those bars at 300% MU.

Not much is a secret in this game, although people like to pretend nobody knows.

I have over 600 compet deeds, but I'd rather have the deeds than say a Mod resto chip for the same money. Sadly people have lost a ton more than me on item values than my loss on paper for compet.

I still think Compet will come good, when MA pull their finger out their arse. Until then I'm taking some downtime, because I feel MA should deliver on their promises. But even if I do absolutely nothing with the deeds, it pays something back. A gun stilling in a store pays nothing.

My only real regret in EU was buying a hanger on the back of a dodgy rumour, and then selling it a month later at $500 loss. I paid far too much for taming and speed rings, hey-ho. That was the learning curve not to trust prices on ITEMS....a lot of players feel like that after the ring market crash due to on-going supply.

Rick

Thanks! You have convinced me to continue with my sales. :wtg:

..the guy knows what he's doing.

Thanks Rick, but obviously I have no fucking clue what I am doing :laugh:

Thanks! You have convinced me to continue with my sales. :wtg:

Thanks Rick, but obviously I have no fucking clue what I am doing :laugh:

Smiles, I wish you more luck I really do.

It is somewhat of a op diversion, but what really gets me in EU is when you plan to make things better.

I've never been part of the explo crafting crowd, I've spent a lot of money here, but got a lot of entertainment as well for hours and years of hunting and taming. My issue is struggling to buy deeds to support a step up in the game along with deposits.

If MA had delivered compet with the content that did attract spend, I'd be out there hunting big style not worrying so much about costs. Because that was the 4 year plan, to get back into EU in a big way.

The other thing that kind of annoyed me recently was taming. I know my 20% super high xp pet, worked out there. There was a link between skill gain and return, and it made that pet very useful indeed. I know that because I went off planet and was making 100 ped profit a whip for 5 full adj bolga whips on the trot, before all the alarms went off in MA office, and suddenly it turned negative. My guess was the planet didn't have it's own 20% pets so wasn't configured to take account of a 20% pet in returns....lol.

What did that tell me? We can get adjusted on the fly for sure in loot 2

Then came looter skill, which I think turned off my pet. Or it certainly was the cause of less taming skill drop, which meant less loot. Then I thought yeah ok MA ....I'm on to your changes.

So what now? Who knows. I actually rated that 20% Royal as quality item out there in the field, like people rate imK2 guns.

Laters going to bed

Rick

Rick

Medicine.Done forget , get your medicine.
Good night sleep well.

I don't envy your progress in EU Messi, I simply don't have the hours to contribute to the game that you do these days.

Actually when I switched into taming (from hunting), it had purpose. It was to try and find a niche with the pets, and the question that MA must be offering an opportunity....so go and find it. I did quite well skilling that profession, just a shame that the next phase of pets isn't here yet to really take it further.

I know that when people laugh at the 1% of so on crit reduction pet, they don't understand how management of their own HP decides returns. That 1% difference to ava HP on the cycle of a 'each' kill matters a lot. It's not like you're the only one with all the answers....smiles.

The only difference is wallet size, or willingness to spend it in EU. I don't envy that either, I've got a happy life.

So you enjoy you event wins etc, I'm happy for you :)

You could take some lessons from Star though, if doesn't hurt to be an uber and be nice.

I'm really going to bed now

Rick

dodgy rumour

That's what each of your argument is, at best, and that's your only source of information, I'm afraid, proof is the hangar purchase example.

You don't understand supply and demand, that's why you don't understand prices, that's why when compet deeds will be 50 pec pr bulk you will still think your loss is only on paper.

A mod resto can actually earn you a living in the game, compets only go down and all they represent is a promise, a dodgy rumor, that's what you hopes are based on.
If in all these years you couldn't understand rings, no one can make you understand now anyway so I won't bother.
Mac couldn't understand rings either, although he bought, long after they were super useful so the rings did nothing for him, well nothing noticeably... and when expectations are very high, disappointment is imminent :D

I don't envy your progress in EU Messi, I simply don't have the hours to contribute to the game that you do these days.

Rick

You can contribute to the game by simply not posting anything related to the hunting profession.Its a matter of perspective.

Think about this Evey.

MA have a repeatable mission for resto chips, for those brave enough to do it (or committed to it), so in essence an unlimited supply of those chips. More supply less they're worth over time, it's basic economics.

A very simple comparison is pet name tags, MA still tries to sell them from the web shop at 10 times what you can buy them for in game. It's still the same argument, regardless of the item.

I don't care if the damn chip makes me tea and toast in the morning and gives me a back rub. I would not commit the peds MA wants for it, based on the "speed" of introduction of items the last few years, that looks to continue.

What's the new perfected Mayhem faps going to do to the value of those resto? Besides I personally don't like buffed heals over straight up heals.

Sorry I'm not buying the bs of it. You're very good at picking out small parts of the argument and not the whole picture. The last thing I want to do is fapping job, being some slave out there for $4 an hour of whatever the going rate is on resto heals.

"Mac was late to the rings?" What you basically said was Mac bought them after they were nerfed to f**k. Yeah that really inspires confidence in that item doesn't it long term. How can you justify that argument? Buy this item for a ton of ped, but know it has the lifespan of a 6 months.....come on...hahaha.

OMG 2am.

Good night and discussion and debate is good.

Rick

What you basically said was Mac bought them after they were nerfed to f**k. Yeah that really inspires confidence in that item doesn't it long term. How can you justify that argument? Buy this item for a ton of ped, but know it has the lifespan of a 6 months.....come on...hahaha.

OMG 2am.

Good night and discussion and debate is good.

Rick

I did not say the rings were nerfed to f**k. You are saying that, because you don't understand newbies stuff.
Why should I justofy anything, since you don't care about reason at all? Logic is something completely strange to you, you're on your own world with your illusions that alarms sound in MAs offices when you make 500 PED? BWHAHAHAH
Your 20% ped skill gave you 20% extra return?

In your head it makes sense to compare ares rings with nutrio bars and mod resto with pet name tags... and you want to have a conversation about game strategy, economics and you want arguments... please... uninstall internet, it's a dangerous place for you. I'm never going to read any of your comments again

While I dont think Messis and to some extend Eveys elitist tone is very helpful I cant help but admit that they are right. All this missinformation that are presented as cold hard facts ONLY hurts this game. Even if you dont see it, alot of beginners come to this forum to learn. Alot of people get the advice to come here and look things up.

And then they see Rick, who spent literally a year trying to tell people that MA will pay out a % on whats CYCLED in Compet instead of a % of whats deposited/earned from the game. Seemingly creating money out of thin air.
I only mention this to help people understand how this person thinks.

Enough already Rick. You talk as if everything is destroyed and looter profession reign king. How do you know? Present your test results please? People are so quick to blame Messi for being full of himself and they're right, he is. But so are people who sit here just making shit up based on what they've concocted in their own head without any testing.

And Mac, are you being serious? You sit here talking about how sellers should be required to "provide clear value proposition and potential use cases for any potential buyers"?
Is that what you call your obnoxious spamming in every single thread about everyone should buy your stuff?

Theres so much talking and so little doing to back it up.

While I dont think Messis and to some extend Eveys elitist tone is very helpful I cant help but admit that they are right. All this missinformation that are presented as cold hard facts ONLY hurts this game. Even if you dont see it, alot of beginners come to this forum to learn. Alot of people get the advice to come here and look things up.

And then they see Rick, who spent literally a year trying to tell people that MA will pay out a % on whats CYCLED in Compet instead of a % of whats deposited/earned from the game. Seemingly creating money out of thin air.
I only mention this to help people understand how this person thinks.

Enough already Rick. You talk as if everything is destroyed and looter profession reign king. How do you know? Present your test results please? People are so quick to blame Messi for being full of himself and they're right, he is. But so are people who sit here just making shit up based on what they've concocted in their own head without any testing.

And Mac, are you being serious? You sit here talking about how sellers should be required to "provide clear value proposition and potential use cases for any potential buyers"?
Is that what you call your obnoxious spamming in every single thread about everyone should buy your stuff?

damn dude.Does even people like you even exist?:)
I was just like you in my first 2 weeks reading this stupid forum.All kind of veterans posting well written posts about mentoring and all sorts of lootious and perception theories, I thought damn man this guy is a king.
I was inclined to believe them more likely than serious hunters because i was a complete noob joining this forum with no help from anyone.
For me it was maybe a little easier because I was elitist as most would like to say but I call myself competitive gamer in all my other games I previously played.
I always play every game to perform to the top as fast as possible.Most of the times I've succeed, sometimes I failed miserably but it doesn't stop me to try this one too.
It was super easy for me to spot who are the losers in this game and don't do what they do instead focus on what's the long goal and follow my dream at all cost.When you are super busy doing something in a game or real life you don't spend that much time writing endless stories on all topics on forums, you are just focused on your goal and put all your effort and energy into that one.
Asked the right questions on how to reach the top and put the work and the money where my mouth is however I don't think this is the case for new registered players today.
I hope people won't do what I do because I don't try to encourage people to do what I do but to learn the aspects of the game through many angles and understand that there are so many aspects of the game they might not see or understand.This is a game of opportunities in my book, clearly not one of tt returns as most people fail to understand it.Sure there are many approaches to the game.I did not invent it but I've added my experience to others smarter than me did in the past and I highly appreciate their work all my life even If I've been in contact with them or not.
Now do what you gotta do and follow your dreams if you have any.Don't let anyone tell you what you gotta do because most of them don't understand your problems and or your goals.
gl

Incredibly refreshing seeing a relatively new player around here displaying a healthy amount of insight already, Tiny Lord.

All nonsense on these boards from highly delusional "veterans" like Rick in particular is absolutely not helpful for new players coming here for advice. Hopefully most people understand to filter and listen to more than one source (preferably with relevant statistics to back things up) before making any decisions, but not everyone does and it hurts the game.

I've sold 20k USD worth of stuff in the last year, and have a few more items to sell.

I see messi bumping his IMK2 since 11-09-2017 with

What have you sold?

I've sold 20k USD worth of stuff in the last year, and have a few more items to sell.

I see messi bumping his IMK2 since 11-09-2017 with

What have you sold?

Well youre quitting and willing to sell most of your items below market/at a sizeable loss which makes it a little easier.

Well youre quitting and willing to sell most of your items below market/at a sizeable loss which makes it a little easier.

Second time I am selling out with a profit overall in 13 years, how about you?

Second time I am selling out with a profit overall in 13 years, how about you?

Just a friendly question (not stepping in to the other stuff), if you profited why are you selling out?!

Just a friendly question (not stepping in to the other stuff), if you profited why are you selling out?!

I want to take my money out of here now.

Buff it all to hell. Less than 5 buffs active at any time is too few. Let's munchkin this game. ��

Make every old school item including every piece of clothing have a buff

Make it so u have to either choose more s.i.b. or more buffs. Also what the hell do like compets and add massive unequip fee not just decay fee when u take buffy stuff off, actual fee u pay before u can unequip or take clothes off... want to switch to finisher, pay up

Last edited:
Back