Cryptocurrency experience

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
As MA is looking at Cryptocurreny, I thought it would be good to explore some topics.

Do you own Bitcoin, Ethereum or other currency?

Who did you find was the safest exchange?

Which wallet do you use? MyEtherWallet, Trezor, etc?

What resource was your best explanation of blockchain?

I also ask to see if anyone has experience with NAGA coin, a recent crypto backed by the bitcoin guys.

Cheers
Bjorn

The only crypto that will hold a significant longterm value without bursting bubbles will be Ripple. Nuff said.

and can I add to the questions:

1. Have you managed to actually spend any of your crypto currency?
2. before spending do you have to convert into "real" currency?

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
This has to be the best quote !!

"And while bitcoin has given investors no reason in recent months to believe the rally is slowing down, the idea that strippers are starting to pour their cash earnings into bitcoin is eerily reminiscent of a scene from the movie “The Big Short” where two of the film’s protagonists interview a stripper who took out subprime mortgages to buy nearly half a dozen properties.
Should investors pay attention to this “stripper indicator”?"

Dumped some money in bitcoins when they were 400 dollar and considered the money lost forever :D

Reactions: Mac
The problem I have with these cryptocurrencies is that it isn't easy to convert them into real money...

When I can go down to my local post office and exchange my crypto-cash for pounds is the day I start taking an interest :)

The problem I have with these cryptocurrencies is that it isn't easy to convert them into real money...

When I can go down to my local post office and exchange my crypto-cash for pounds is the day I start taking an interest :)

This is true with the smaller coins. If you go to an exchange like GDAX, though, you can convert them to bitcoin or ethereum and send the money to your bank pretty easily from there.

wj47ppze41qz.jpg

:xtongue:

and can I add to the questions:

1. Have you managed to actually spend any of your crypto currency?
2. before spending do you have to convert into "real" currency?

Yes, too short.

Hi
As MA is looking at Cryptocurreny, I thought it would be good to explore some topics.

Well, again the issue here is we have a Neverdie idea were as like his President idea the bot picked up this story and ran with it saying that it is a MA project.

As I have already posted, when looking at the sites created for this project I found them to be Go Daddy sites and not MA hosting sites. So with that I say this is just another ND stunt since well we all know he is working hard to make Universal tokens.

It would be nice to hear from MA if this is their idea or just letting ND roll with it as long as he can until they shut him down again.

Millennials. Abandon all hope they'll be able to pay your pensions. Let them and go buy gold and silver. Or a chicken farm or anything that can feed you without needing outside personell.

Hi

Do you own Bitcoin, Ethereum or other currency?

Who did you find was the safest exchange?

Which wallet do you use? MyEtherWallet, Trezor, etc?

What resource was your best explanation of blockchain?

I also ask to see if anyone has experience with NAGA coin, a recent crypto backed by the bitcoin guys.

Cheers
Bjorn

I have a small amount of Bitcoin, ethereum, dash, ripple, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold.

Hoping to buy a Maserati with them one day. :)

Used CEX.IO (stupid high commissions but safe afaik good for quick buys via eg. credit card. Bittylicious I think with bank transfers.

Bought Ledger Blue with Bitcoin (bad move coz btc gone up a lot and should have used cash) very nice wallet and also have Trezor which also works well.

I don’t understand Blockchain so cannot recommend a resource.

Not heard of NAGA and only just heard about Crypto Kitties that sound a lot more fun than Compets. ;)

Millennials. Abandon all hope they'll be able to pay your pensions. Let them and go buy gold and silver. Or a chicken farm or anything that can feed you without needing outside personell.

Old people.

to answer you all's questions or most anyways.

i started mining on nicehash in june this year with just my 1080ti
in july bought 5 more 1080 ti and 12 rx580 to mine, i made around at the time in btc 1800 usd a month or roughly .75 btc a month because nicehash only pays u in btc for selling your hash power. all my equipment paid themselves off as of oct 16th (had i kept the btc and not sold as i got em it be paid of in august...)
in september i started trading crypto with 20k usd, i am up over 38k usd as of today (however in hindsight would of been better off had i just bought btc and held, would be over 55k usd as of today...).

now for those of you who keeps saying you cant spend or hard time etc etc, it's super easy infact as easy as using a credit card like this https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2228646-the-shift-card

also takes 5 days to do an ach deposit into coinbase and get ready for this one cuz i know u all wont believe me, takes only 2 days to withdraw YOUR MONEY to your bank account and there is ZERO fee.

bunch of my soc m8s got into this fake money as many of you have called it and all i can say every single one of em is up and very happy with their results, and for those of you that think it's to late to get into it one of our soc m8 just started a week ago and is up over 6% as of yesterday, and every thing i've mentioned is closed position not outstanding running balance.

so if you love clds do some googling watch some reputable youtubers and make that fake money.

edited my post to a new one, to avoid any misunderstandings :)

Last edited:
if you go ethereum, you'll also join the dark side... :wise:

:boxer:

to answer you all's questions or most anyways.

i started mining on nicehash in june this year with just my 1080ti
in july bought 5 more 1080 ti and 12 rx580 to mine, i made around at the time in btc 1800 usd a month or roughly .75 btc a month because nicehash only pays u in btc for selling your hash power. all my equipment paid themselves off as of oct 16th (had i kept the btc and not sold as i got em it be paid of in august...)
in september i started trading crypto with 20k usd, i am up over 38k usd as of today (however in hindsight would of been better off had i just bought btc and held, would be over 55k usd as of today...).

now for those of you who keeps saying you cant spend or hard time etc etc, it's super easy infact as easy as using a credit card like this https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2228646-the-shift-card

also takes 5 days to do an ach deposit into coinbase and get ready for this one cuz i know u all wont believe me, takes only 2 days to withdraw YOUR MONEY to your bank account and there is ZERO fee.

bunch of my soc m8s got into this fake money as many of you have called it and all i can say every single one of em is up and very happy with their results, and for those of you that think it's to late to get into it one of our soc m8 just started a week ago and is up over 6% as of yesterday, and every thing i've mentioned is closed position not outstanding running balance.

so if you love clds do some googling watch some reputable youtubers and make that fake money.

Exactly. Any naysayer just doesn't have the drive to actually understand and go after it. They just call it fake and a scam so they feel better about putting no effort into it. They'd rather spend their time finding articles as to why it's a bad idea rather than even try.

Exactly. Any naysayer just doesn't have the drive to actually understand and go after it. They just call it fake and a scam so they feel better about putting no effort into it. They'd rather spend their time finding articles as to why it's a bad idea rather than even try.

It's just bubble trading, nothing more, nothing less. Artificial buying pressure applied so that those with investments keep them in the system and there is more USD pumped in to cover those who want out.

The zero sum is more USD will get burned than is "earned", but for those who come out in the black then it will be the next best thing of course.

I have no problem with those who are gambling on it, feel free, but those who think it's the "next big thing" and that btc (crypto) is modern and therefore better while usd (fiat) is old and therefore useless are being a bit silly.

Einsteinium and Stellar Lumens...

You're welcome ;):thumbup:

CEX.IO for the purchase.
Bittrex and/or Coinspot for the trading.

fact is bitcoin is a bubble and will burst. thats insanely obvious. the technology behind bitcoin is old, it offers extremely slow transactions and very high fees. it has absolutely no use apart from speculation.

and then i see the gold argument. i mean seriously? you want to use bitcoin as a longterm investment? something that fluctuates by 30% on a daily basis and has absolutely nothing to back up its value apart from hopes and dreams?

sure you can make a lot of money with it shortterm. but bitcoin is no gold. and it is no currency. and it certainly is nothing for a longterm investment. thats very obvious. it might double up to 30k or maybe go to 100k and after it bursts it will end with a fraction of its value. there it might settle, after the speculators have switched to something different. but as long as its the go-to market for speculators its useless and stupid to use it as a longterm investment goal.

the cryptocurrencies are currently trading where they are because it's just a pump and dump scheme/scam at the moment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump_and_dump

In ancient days pump and dumpers used fax machines (some still do). These days they use higher tech resources such as cryptocrapvertizing...

Since there's no white paper from Mindark out yet... MA has the opportunity here to do something to make it not become a Pump and Dump, similar to what they did with CLDs and AUDs, backing investments in new/old games they are backing, possibly including all the games that were in Neverdie's white paper, but odds are likely they won't... as well, we all know the history...

-------------

As far as the cryptocurrencies themselves go... with the focus on using so much electricity, etc. it seems very anti-life in a lot of ways... If the calculations that were used to create the coins weren't just random complex crap, and was actually something life giving (such as the search intelligent life by SETI, or figuring out some cure for cancer using the complex cloud network to figure out some computer problems or something, it'd be very different... I suspect that that type of stuff is coming in the next few years, but right not it's not here, just a bunch of pump and dumpers.)

Last edited:

Misleading a bit. People used NH as a wallet and they shouldn't have.. and got burnt. The hack in itself is antithetical to the existence of bitcoin, which is decentralization. Nicehash represented centralized wallets as does Coinbase, poloniex, etc - even though each of these provides a service and to provide said service it needs to be centralized. The risk is that at any time they can do a runner. People used nicehash as a wallet, just as mt. Gox back in the day and they got burned. Nicehash was also a heavy payload because of its popularity. Most people got hit with a few days of mining if they used the service.

fact is bitcoin is a bubble and will burst. thats insanely obvious. the technology behind bitcoin is old, it offers extremely slow transactions and very high fees. it has absolutely no use apart from speculation.

and then i see the gold argument. i mean seriously? you want to use bitcoin as a longterm investment? something that fluctuates by 30% on a daily basis and has absolutely nothing to back up its value apart from hopes and dreams?

sure you can make a lot of money with it shortterm. but bitcoin is no gold. and it is no currency. and it certainly is nothing for a longterm investment. thats very obvious. it might double up to 30k or maybe go to 100k and after it bursts it will end with a fraction of its value. there it might settle, after the speculators have switched to something different. but as long as its the go-to market for speculators its useless and stupid to use it as a longterm investment goal.

You have quite a few fallacies in your quote here. Blockchain technology, while has been used in bitcoin for some years, is not technically old as you lead on. It is actually considered relatively new and spreading across multiple industries, healthcare being one of them. The first few years of any good technology requires vetting. Is bitcoin speculative? Yes. So is gold, silver, oil, cattle futures, who wins a sports game - any commodity.. anything that is invest-able by definition. Is it a bubble? Right now, not really - part of the gains of bitcoin specifically is because of adoption, particular governments adding it to their portfolio, and interest in it because of visibility in it. Shorter supply with extreme demand will cause volatile spikes - cryptocurrencies will be prone to this volatility. The spike to $12,000 was caused by 100,000 accounts added to Coinbase. That's all it took.

I would caution anyone who has your particular frame of thought. The people who have your type of thinking years ago are the ones who are kicking themselves now (myself included) and didn't take the time to see what it really what it was all about. Not for the money but for the technology. Skip the noise.. skip the blowhards in the news.. skip the banker bullshit (they don't want it.. it threatens them)... the folks who did are now millionaires. Fact is.. you have no idea if it will go down to 1 cent. It could. It is highly unlikely for bitcoin to do that. Ethereum could.. for sure many of the altcoins and all the silly ICOs would or have. You wouldn't mortgage your house to invest in it or anything stupid. But you could do the same type of research and fact finding that you would do with any other stock. You owe it to yourself.

Last edited:
Misleading a bit. People used NH as a wallet and they shouldn't have.. and got burnt. The hack in itself is antithetical to the existence of bitcoin, which is decentralization. Nicehash represented centralized wallets as does Coinbase, poloniex, etc - even though each of these provides a service and to provide said service it needs to be centralized. The risk is that at any time they can do a runner. People used nicehash as a wallet, just as mt. Gox back in the day and they got burned. Nicehash was also a heavy payload because of its popularity. Most people got hit with a few days of mining if they used the service.

its nice n all but bitcoin is far away from decentralization. there are less than a handfull big server farms and if they shut down bitcoin drops by 30% or more, as has happened in the past and until all the transactions are handled it may take days and horrendous fees. fact is bitcoin is bullcrap.

Back