Allow map defaults to be changed and saved

Coelacanth

Stalker
Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
Every time I open the map, whether by an action key or activating a TP or activating a TP chip, I always have to click the option to enlarge the map. I just hate the middle option that's always selected by default, as it never shows enough of the map or the areas I want to view in a hurry. The fact that I can't change the default map view to the way I want and save it just plain irks me.

Furthermore, the scroll-bar at the left side that lets you view all the map locations alphabetically is also an annoyance. When you click just below the scroll-bar, for example, it doesn't jump down to the next group of items on the list that display just below the previously-visible group, it jumps down to some arbitrary group of items much further down. In other words, the scroll-bar doesn't function like the scroll-bars do in virtually every other Windows program. This forces players to constantly click & drag the scroll-bar slider up & down to find the desired group of locations alphabetically. And since the map is always defaulting to the medium-sized view which is too small, moving the slider is always annoying as one tries to mouse it up and down to pinpoint their desired location.

These are just minor fixes that are no doubt a constant pain for most of us. It would be nice if we could save default map behavior to our individual preferences.

Back